PM appeals to all Thais to conserve water

Lite Beer

PM appeals to all Thais to conserve water

297482-imagejpeg-462511-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha appealed to all Thais to conserve water so that the country can go through the worst ever drought.

Addressing the country in his weekly “Returning Happiness to the Thai People” programme on Friday evening, the prime minister said he believed the Thai people would never lose their kindheartedness with one another despite the drought.

He said he saw the water shortage crisis an opportunity for all Thais to cooperate, to show their love for one another and to be united and to face the crisis altogether with full awareness of the source of the crisis and to be ready to sacrifice for mutual benefit.

The prime minister pointed out that it was impossible for all Thais to have access to water because water is limited and there are no rains and water in dams has dried up.

For that matter, he urged city dwellers to use water sparingly “because we have to keep water until August and if there are no rains by then the problem will continue.”

Meanwhile, the Provincial Waterworks Authority said its officials have been monitoring salinity problem in its water sources around the clock to make sure that its quality is up to the standard mandated by WHO.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-appeals-to-all-thais-to-conserve-water

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-18

I think the country will be happy when this particular TV show gets cancelled.

'Returning happiness to the Thai people' seems such an inappropriate title with stories like this.

The latest episode - 'No lubrication for Thailand' was a real downer.

Edited by Manbing

The Thai people I know, no way they will conserve water, however, they will expect others to do so,

with me me me attitude, this country water problems will get worse before it will get better......

Many people use those bathroom troughs and many open the tap to fill them and wander off to do something else. The troughs fill and overflow and sometimes running for hours.

I can't imagine how much water is wasted countrywide in this way every single day.

Prayuth can plead all he wants but he'll make a better case by reinstating Thaksin and coming across as a man of integrity.

Why would anyone let alone the current PM want to re-instate a convicted criminal?

There is nothing nor has there ever been anything stopping Thaksin Shinawatra returning to Thailand at any time other than the fact that he faces a 2 year jail sentence and a further 15 charges outstanding.

If he truly believes he is innocent (I know he claims he is), why doesn't he return to face the courts? Even under 3 years with his PTP party in power and his sister, Yingluck as PM he refused to return unless HE was granted an amnesty. All the other persons who were offered the amnesty were just a blind to cover the real reason which was Thaksin.

Many people use those bathroom troughs and many open the tap to fill them and wander off to do something else. The troughs fill and overflow and sometimes running for hours.

I can't imagine how much water is wasted countrywide in this way every single day.

I would not like to have their waterbills.

Well nice to see all the good farang giving helpful advice to the locals

I have been flushing the toilet using washing machine water and had short showers for 10 years.

Your Welcome

Edited by LindsayBKK

I have been flushing the toilet using washing machine water and had short showers for 10 years.

Your Welcome

I've been flushing using the washing machine water which is used from our used shower water for 20 years.

"For that matter, he urged city dwellers to use water sparingly “because we have to keep water until August and if there are no rains by then the problem will continue.”

Unless you're the BMA which had one of it's water tankers sloshing hundreds of gallons of water over the plants in the central reservation of Petchburi Road last night.

The idiot who lives near me spends hours in the shower or staring at his phone.

He would not know what day it was let alone saving water. Smells like a Turkish brothel. One of many just near me.

Surely you would only know that if you spent the same amount of time observing him and you reckon he's the idiot?. Hours in the shower and smells like a Turkish brothel? Pretty good recommendation for a brothel then.

There's a connection between knowing the day of the week and saving water?

Your Welcome

I've been flushing using the washing machine water which is used from our used shower water for 20 years.

You have your waste shower water plumbed to your washing machine? Bloody hell.

What nonsense, ensuring that the tap water is up to WHO standards.

Thailand's domestic water supply is far below the stringent standards ,perhaps the article was only referring to salinity levels.

ok for me now i'll help by showering only 1 time a month instead of twice, seriously though thais conserve water as much as they discard food c'mon.

So we can expect a big increase in tourism from the Old Country?

Soap optional!!!

biggrin.png

Your Welcome

Luxury.

I've been washing in water after it's been flushed for 30 years...lived in't hole in ground an' woken up by havin t'gravel thrown over me every morning.

Tell that to the young people..and they won't believe you.