22 college students arrested over bus brawl

Lite Beer

22 college students arrested over bus brawl
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- SOME 22 vocational college students were arrested yesterday morning for alleged involvement in a brawl with five students from a rival technical college on a bus, which led to 30 passengers fleeing the bus in Nakhon Pathom's Muang district.

Bus driver Suriyan Thonglek, 29, told police the bus was leaving a stop in front of Silpakorn University when the attackers rushed into the bus and started fighting.

The attackers then fled in a pickup driven by a student's father, Pichet Srirachan, 38. Police, however, pursued the gang and arrested 22 youths, who face charges of causing damage to the bus, which had windows broken, and assaulting three teenagers, who suffered injuries.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/22-college-students-arrested-over-bus-brawl-30264743.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-19

Attackers fled, driven away by their father... Son and father in crime together...way to go dad! Teach your son well to be a good Buddhist. You deserve a prize for idiot jerk father of the year. And I'm sure the family is immensely proud also.

Edited by jerojero

When is the government going to do something more serious with these kids than sending them to an army / navy boot camp which in my opinion is a total waste of time? Anywhere else this would mean time in jail or a juvenile detention facility. And as for the father who drove the pick-up, he should have the book thrown at him !!!

I can imagine the punishment these littke wannabe tough boys face at the boot camps they are sent to. committ them to 3 months of 25 mile hikes with a 40 kilo back pack , a break for a fish head soup, digging latrines , filling back in, a little rough and tumble for everyone with a least 4 different oppomemts a chance to police the grounds, then a a 25 mile hike back to shelter, meal kp and punishments handed out to the days misfits.

schedule can be toughned up as needed and drop out is not permitted. promise of repeat camps should calm the the twits down , if not make it tougher. they will reach theb point that responsible behavior will be much more attractrive .

Attackers fled, driven away by their father... Son and father in crime together...way to go dad! Teach your son well to be a good Buddhist. You deserve a prize for idiot jerk father of the year. And I'm sure the family is immensely proud also.

Lock both of these scum for a long time. Call it bonding time

I did read that the average IQ for Thai children was 94, below the world average of 100 say's it all, the father of that student probably hovered at 50

You really expected higher in a country where Cinderella is ruling PM.

You guys are a bunch of idiots!

Boys will be boys!!! If you guys didn't get into any fights as kids you aren't men!

If you are a parent and someone hurt your child, I would be doing the same thing and protecting my family! Only women run to police for help, not men!

Boys will be boys!!! If you guys didn't get into any fights as kids you aren't men!

If you are a parent and someone hurt your child, I would be doing the same thing and protecting my family! Only women run to police for help, not men!

Really? 22 youths storm onto a public bus smashing windows to assault 5 others coming home from tech, and you call that a kid's "fight"?

Really? Are you one of the gang of 22 or one of the fathers? Anyway you look at it your the idiot with brutality mentality coffee1.gif

Close the technical schools and send them to a real school of higher learning because it's evident the technical schools are way too technical for them.

How about this: Close the technical schools and send them to replace the slaves on the trawlers for a year, or two.

I see nothing about the FATHER being arrested for aiding and abetting in the commission of a crime and contributing to the deliquency of a minor.

Nor will you.

Why would you, he was just a poor innocent dad looking out for the best interests of his thug child.

Thailand's finest, and most educated, these are the children of the future that will be running the country in time to come, shows where that country will be in the future, back in the dark ages

Tech college students, the countries finest that will be running the country in time to come, you mean running it illegally as police or military heavies.

The IQ of these students are certainly sub par.

Makes one wonder how this will change when the IQ of the students go up after the wonderful initiative by the govt to increase nutritional food funding by 63% in schools as well as the educational reform being witnessed.

I hope the father is held accountable as well.

Edited by djjamie

I can imagine the punishment these littke wannabe tough boys face at the boot camps they are sent to. committ them to 3 months of 25 mile hikes with a 40 kilo back pack , a break for a fish head soup, digging latrines , filling back in, a little rough and tumble for everyone with a least 4 different oppomemts a chance to police the grounds, then a a 25 mile hike back to shelter, meal kp and punishments handed out to the days misfits.

schedule can be toughned up as needed and drop out is not permitted. promise of repeat camps should calm the the twits down , if not make it tougher. they will reach theb point that responsible behavior will be much more attractrive .

I believe you have the wrong country. I think the experience will be more along the lines of;

- Maintaining one of the many army golf courses. The worst offenders will be obliged to enter the water holes that are full of pesticide and herbicide run off to retrieve golf balls.

- General labourers to maintain the military's many rest camps and officers' clubs ensuring that the thousands of Thailands generals are well looked after. Someone has to clean the puke up after some of the big boys drink too much.

- Personal servants to the senior officer corps including drivers, valets, and maids.

- Errand boys for the sideline businesses that personnel operate.

- The ones who are ugly or stupid or annoying can be sent to the south to make friends with the insurgents.

- Once the human trafficking picks up, he can try working for one of the groups. Same for the drug trafficking. The Burmese border always needs helpful personnel to look the other way when the yaba arrives.

- If someone is interested, he can get a job in one of the gay clubs dancing in his undies and turning tricks. If really cute, can become a toy boy for a someone with a nice uniform..

The above seems to be a far more likely scenario based upon my personal observations. Just when I think Thailand cannot be any more dysfunctional and corrupt than it is, the Thais take it to the next level.

When is the government going to do something more serious with these kids than sending them to an army / navy boot camp which in my opinion is a total waste of time? Anywhere else this would mean time in jail or a juvenile detention facility. And as for the father who drove the pick-up, he should have the book thrown at him !!!

now lets see what the "dear" leader does about this! every night he has been preaching on TV about getting along and promoting the Thai image! I am waiting for him to drop the bomb on the stupid father and young punks, but I am not holding my breath!