Printer Ink Tank Repair

patsfangr

I have a Canon Ink Jet printer, with an external Ink Tank. The tank is not feeding the ink properly; causing the colors to print improperly, with a purple tint on everything.

I bought the tank over a year ago from one of those kiosk locations in Big C Extra, which has long since gone.

Has anybody had a successful experience in getting one of these repaired? If so, please tell me the location. .

I'm having the same problem - frequently! I don't the lines clog, they get airlocked. I have been known to drive the ink by forcing air through the tank(s) by blowing into the containers. Make sure you press your finger firmly over the other hole - I had a blue face for days!

Might also just be that one of the print heads is blocked. Print a test pattern to see what's not coming through right. I left my Canon printer with ink tanks for 2 months recently while I was back in Britain and when I came back the yellow ink print head had gummed up. It's happened before. I've tried cleaning these things in the past and apart from being messy it never restores it to the original quality. I just take the printer along to the shop in TukCom where I bought it and they test it to see if they agree that the problem's a blocked print head (which it always has been) and then they replace it. I just have to pay for a new print head, around 800 Baht or so.

Is the ink reaching the bung which goes into the inkcartridge?........if its not it could be air getting into the line so the vacuum isnt maintained i.e at the bung................i had it happen to my Canon a month or so back..............

If the ink has dropped all the way back to the tanks take the line off at the cartridge and suck the ink back to the bung with a syringe.........

Alternatively..............Tukcom.........top of the escalator......floor above Powerbuy.....between the two escalators they will sort it out...........

Edited by thaiflyer1

Might also just be that one of the print heads is blocked. Print a test pattern to see what's not coming through right. I left my Canon printer with ink tanks for 2 months recently while I was back in Britain and when I came back the yellow ink print head had gummed up. It's happened before. I've tried cleaning these things in the past and apart from being messy it never restores it to the original quality. I just take the printer along to the shop in TukCom where I bought it and they test it to see if they agree that the problem's a blocked print head (which it always has been) and then they replace it. I just have to pay for a new print head, around 800 Baht or so.

What these "tank fixers" don't tell is is that print heads have limited lifetime. After awhile the quality of your printing will drop and you have to replace the print heads... which can be expensive and if you have a cheap printer it can be more economical to buy a new printer.

I gave up refilling cartridges for this reason. I just grin and bear the cost of new cartridges and I'm quite happy not to be getting my hands full of ink every couple of days trying to clear ink blockages.

To be frank...

Ink jet printers are always problematic particularly if you let the ink run dry, do no use the manufactures over priced replacements or not use them regularly, external tanks just make a bigger and messier problem.

In the end after probably throwing out so many printers less than a year old I invested in a colour laser.

To be frank...

Ink jet printers are always problematic particularly if you let the ink run dry, do no use the manufactures over priced replacements or not use them regularly, external tanks just make a bigger and messier problem.

In the end after probably throwing out so many printers less than a year old I invested in a colour laser.

Going through a printer once a year is a bit much. I've managed with 3 in 10 years. 2 of those 3 I messed around refilling cartridges. We'll see how the last one does with original cartridges.

I have used 3 different shops on the printer floor of Tucom for my Canon. All of them did a satisfactory job. There is also a "dump tank" (for lack of a better word) that has to be cleaned every so many sheets. We finally had an external dump tank installed last time and it seems to fix the periodic need to have the printer shop "fix" things.