Kamronwit summoned for questioning related to firearm possession through airport security

webfact

Please lets not forget the fact that this mini pistol was identified as unregistered, that is unless he now has a fire arms permit for it from Kaosan Road.

i am pretty sure it was a revolver and not a pistol...

the fact that japanese police where allegedly not able to determinate if his gun was registered or not, does not present a fact of non registration of the weapon inThailand.

get your facts straight and your sources verified...

coffee1.gif you don't call a revolver a pistol... nor do you call pepsi a coke or heineken a beer...giggle.gif

I was an RAF Armourer and the official Nomenclature for the various Service revolvers was 'Pistol, Revolver. People can write anything they want in Wiki and suchlike but it doesn't make it true. If you don't call Heineken a 'beer' what do you call it?

Lager , not beer.

Now if you really want to be pedantic, let's be pedantic and call it by it's correct name, Heineken Pilsener

"Heineken Lager Beer (Dutch: Heineken Pilsener), or simply Heineken (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈɦɛinəkən]), is a pale lager beer with 5% alcohol by volume produced by the Dutch brewing company Heineken International. Heineken is well known for its signature green bottle and red star."[

Please lets not forget the fact that this mini pistol was identified as unregistered, that is unless he now has a fire arms permit for it from Kaosan Road.

the fact that japanese police where allegedly not able to determinate if his gun was registered or not, does not present a fact of non registration of the weapon inThailand.

coffee1.gif you don't call a revolver a pistol... nor do you call pepsi a coke or heineken a beer...giggle.gif

I was an RAF Armourer and the official Nomenclature for the various Service revolvers was 'Pistol, Revolver. People can write anything they want in Wiki and suchlike but it doesn't make it true. If you don't call Heineken a 'beer' what do you call it?

Sorry, but poor RAF then,...

Its Service revolver or Service pistol... and yes i was an service armourer...

Heineken...giggle.gif

...they stopped mentioning that this was an unregistered firearm....

...that unto itself is a crime....

...and what it might have been used for....God knows....but God is not here anymore it seems....

What's the difference between a sidearm and a firearm? (Unless misprint)

1- did he take the gun from Thailand? (In his hand luggage or suitcase)

2- if so why not detected (either way)

3- why when finding it "in Japan" did he try to bring it back?

4- is the gun registered?

5- why did his son fly out with "papers" proving gun registered? (Seems not so)

6- why did turnaround happen saying friend had papers as gift but never went to prove it?

Japan should have "stuck to their guns" and prosecuted him

pis·tol
ˈpistl/
noun
  1. 1.
    a small firearm designed to be held in one hand.
    synonyms: revolver, gun, handgun, sidearm; More
  2. 2.
    USinformal
    a very energetic or enterprising person.
    "when we first met, he was a pistol, full of ideals and a natural leader"
    As your using US terminology, you can see it's all been a big misunderstanding. Nothing to do with a gun. They thought he was a very energetic and enterprising person and someone called him a pistol whistling.gif
    In real English a pistol can be a revolver, an automatic or a single shot, the good old dueling pistol. Ah, for those days.
    Heineken is indeed like making love in a canoe...............................smile.png

Sorry, but poor RAF then,...

Its Service revolver or Service pistol... and yes i was an service armourer...

Heineken...giggle.gif

Semantics gentlemen. I guess one of you was RAF the other American forces. English and American English use words differently.

But this could provide a wonderful get out here. If they said pistol and it's a revolver then just how reliable are those Jap cops. Maybe it was a water pistol or novelty lighter.

pis·tol
ˈpistl/
noun
  1. 1.
  2. 2.
    USinformal
    As your using US terminology, you can see it's all been a big misunderstanding. Nothing to do with a gun. They thought he was a very energetic and enterprising person and someone called him a pistol whistling.gif
    In real English a pistol can be a revolver, an automatic or a single shot, the good old dueling pistol. Ah, for those days.
    Heineken is indeed like making love in a canoe...............................smile.png

my turn to be pedantic....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolver

what is to be called real english? coffee1.gif

Edited by kovaltech

pis·tol
ˈpistl/
noun
  1. 1.
  2. 2.
    USinformal

Who gives a sh$t - it was a firearm! thumbsup.gif

Nobody of any rank is ever punished here -- Army, Police, Immigration or the Judiciary.

Only those who fall from grace are prosecuted...I fully expect they may do the unprecedented and hang the Army officer involved with the human trafficking out to dry, but I would not wager on it. I would set the odds at 20%, for prosecution, 80% on endless appeals and indefinite bail.

It is what it is.

Here is how the meeting will go.

Khun Thoopkrachang, you did a bad thing. You embarrassed your nation. You brought your gun to Japan. You were not supposed to do that. You and I know, you are above the law. There is nothing we can do to hurt you or bring charges against you, as we are all aware they will just be thrown out of court. You are a very, very wealthy man, from your years of high level police work, and you will just buy the judge anyway. So, we will reprimand you and that will be the end of it.

We are not a nation of law and order, so lets not pretend to have any.

pis·tol
ˈpistl/
noun
  1. 1.
  2. 2.
    USinformal

Real English can only be English from England, spoken by English people whose ancestors go back generations without any impurities. All other versions are corruption of the original. tongue.png