Buriram: Rescue worker commended for chasing down drunk driver

webfact

Rescue Worker Commended for Chasing Down Drunk Driver
BY Khaosod English

14374641171437464200l.jpg
Pairat Kaewwanna, a 35-year-old rescue worker, was recognized by officials in Buriram for helping arrest a drunk hit-and-run driver, 21 July 2015.

BURIRAM — Officials in Buriram province have recognized an emergency rescue worker who helped police arrest a drunk driver behind a hit-and-run car crash early this month.

The rescue worker, 35-year-old Pairat Kaewwanna, was finishing his shift on the night of 6 July when he saw a car ram into a motorcyclist in Baan Yang subdistrict. The driver then attempted to flee the scene, dragging the motorcycle under her vehicle for six kilometers.

Pairat alerted the police, provided first aid to the victim - a ninth-grade student from a local high school - and then chased down the driver in his car until she was apprehended by police officers.

The driver, identified as a 43-year-old teacher at a public school in Buriram, has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and causing injuries to others.

Police have not released the teacher's name, and it is unclear whether she and the young victim are enrolled at the same school.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1437464117

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-07-21

15 or more people in the photo and only one of them had anything to do with the hit and run apprehension. I do not know3 who pays this groups salaries but more than likely the salary revenue comes from public coffers.. to get that many off the work assigned to them, do makeup amd adress code review , march them to a place in front of the ladies photo to be center stage , arrange by rank height, age, uniform color, while ensuring all merit badges ,ribbon ,etc are visable must have taken a fair amount of time and effort

If these groups of people were half as photogenic as they seem to think they are maybe they should change careers and throw in some song and dance routine and go on tour. What a complete utter waste of manpower on display to the general public.

15 or more people in the photo and only one of them had anything to do with the hit and run apprehension. I do not know3 who pays this groups salaries but more than likely the salary revenue comes from public coffers.. to get that many off the work assigned to them, do makeup amd adress code review , march them to a place in front of the ladies photo to be center stage , arrange by rank height, age, uniform color, while ensuring all merit badges ,ribbon ,etc are visable must have taken a fair amount of time and effort

If these groups of people were half as photogenic as they seem to think they are maybe they should change careers and throw in some song and dance routine and go on tour. What a complete utter waste of manpower on display to the general public.

Many of us who were in the military service went through many of these events and had to spend our time and effort getting ready for these ceremonial events. Many times we didn't know the person and did not wish to dress up and attend the event, but it wasn't optional. The same protocol applies, though not quite as rigid, to civil servants.

It's all probably for the benefit of the recipient of the award. Which would you rather have to hang on your I-love-me wall and show off to the family & friends, a picture with one guy in street clothes handing you your certificate, or something more formal, taken with a whole crew like this? It IS intended as a show of appreciation.

What a complete utter waste of ignorant outrage over a perfectly understandable award presentation.

I'm guessing that she isn't as privileged as the Police Chief of Bangkok?

Well the actress was not given that opportunity or perhaps she waited for the cameras.

(Then was free to leave after her performance)

It's all probably for the benefit of the recipient of the award. Which would you rather have to hang on your I-love-me wall and show off to the family & friends, a picture with one guy in street clothes handing you your certificate, or something more formal, taken with a whole crew like this? It IS intended as a show of appreciation.

What a complete utter waste of ignorant outrage over a perfectly understandable award presentation.

To address your assumption of my ignorant outrage, i am not nor was I outraged , just pointing out how the old timers used to make a point, ''( daylight is wasting get your a.. back to work as you are paid to do)''

Most of us realize what the implication of those who make assumptions about things they have little knowledge of or are unsure of is., especially when it concerns other people, they do not know nor have ever met or visited with..

If you think it is perfectly understandable for 14 people to be present to observe a piece of paper being preseented to a individual you should fit in quite nicely with the work ethic of many of the public servents that are assigned to the ''inactive posts'' which seen so sought after by so many.

have a good day now,

To address your assumption of my ignorant outrage, i am not nor was I outraged , just pointing out how the old timers used to make a point, ''( daylight is wasting get your a.. back to work as you are paid to do)''

Most of us realize what the implication of those who make assumptions about things they have little knowledge of or are unsure of is., especially when it concerns other people, they do not know nor have ever met or visited with..

If you think it is perfectly understandable for 14 people to be present to observe a piece of paper being preseented to a individual you should fit in quite nicely with the work ethic of many of the public servents that are assigned to the ''inactive posts'' which seen so sought after by so many.

have a good day now,

You either don't get many awards, or perhaps too many of them. You're so fired up & anxious to begrudge this guy his 5mins of fame. The "piece of paper" was an AWARD CERTIFICATE! Get it? Something a little special for him in recognition of a good deed. It obviously means nothing to you, but more than likely means a little something to him. Lighten up and make an honest effort to imagine yourself in his shoes. The "ceremony" probably didn't even take all of 10mins FPS. I'm all for honest criticism, I really am, and am often targeted by the love-it-or-leave-it crooners as a matter-of-fact. But you're off the rails on this one.

Edited by hawker9000