Blocking Thai Visa Spam and other unwanted JUNK!

Vogele123

I generally use Chrome on my computer (Windows 7) and never get any ads with Arabic text on the Thaivisa site. For a test, I used Firefox today for a couple of hours and also got no Arabic ads. Are you perhaps logged in with an IP from an Arabic country?

Maestro thanks for taking the time to look at this. These are screen snapshots of the add that comes up immediately after opening the app on my ipad. I recently moved to UAE so yes Im sure why the Arabic text.

I guess my point is these adds are nothing but unwanted spam which many are scams stealing unsuspecting people's money. They arent adds in the same sense as normal ones, many are straight up illegal rippoffs. Ive done internet searches on many of these pop ups and there are pages upon pages of scam info on the vast majority of them.

Another point to bring up is that these websites (if you were stupid enough to click on one) are full of nasty viruses. I dont think that is TVs intention to steal from people but, it is the intention of these pop ups to do that.

Please think about this. Thanks!

Maestro,

Since 2fishin2 is using an iPad, these are the ads generated by ThaiVisa's ad partner for his geographical location. The ad partner doesn't care who their client is, only that they pay the fee, ad graphic, and attached javascript action for when the ad is (I assume, accidentally) clicked.

So no malware. Just a poor ThaiVisa ad partner.

Maestro,

Since 2fishin2 is using an iPad, these are the ads generated by ThaiVisa's ad partner for his geographical location. The ad partner doesn't care who their client is, only that they pay the fee, ad graphic, and attached javascript action for when the ad is (I assume, accidentally) clicked.

So no malware. Just a poor ThaiVisa ad partner.

Ipads and apple products dont get malware anyways. [emoji1]. Seriously

Thanks, RichCor. I don't know what I am doing right or wrong, but luckily I do not get the same kind of ads on my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 devices even though I am doing nothing to avoid the display of ads, only used the Google account settings to list my fields of interest and let Google know my location (currently Switzerland) and browsing history to guide them in their choice of ads. From what you say, though, my Google account settings would have no effect on what this other ad server shows me, or would it?

I've never needed to implement an ad partner on any of the websites I've created or administered.

But from what little I've read, the website administrator chooses their ad partner, then selects ad area/type preferences (eliminating some ad types or ad topics), tempered against how much ad revenue the website administrator might want to see generated.

Unfortunately the website administrator does not get to preview or vet the ads that go into rotation. Even the ad partner may not bother to preview or vet ads, taking on whatever smaller ad agencies may want to throw at them. This causes a lot of issues as sometimes scams or rogue clickthrough code gets delivered with nobody vetting the process.

While some websites will display any ad in the geographical or international rotation, others are triggered by the type of website, website page content (ad sense), or the type of device being used to access the Internet (apple users get appstore ads, android users get playstore ads).

While the user interest is supposed to also come into play with some ad partners (google) the type of ads in rotation rarely if ever match the actual interest the user may have selected so all of the geographical targeted and international ads get delivered. Ergo, Thailand-based users tend to get a lot of Condo and Dating ads. Android and iOS users get appstore ads.

Talk of the devil...

This morning, for the first time, on my Nexus 4 I got one of the ads which 2fishin2 or somebody else posted. This one:

post-21260-0-70515400-1440063913_thumb.p

However, I did not have Thaivisa open at the time, but was half way through reading this screen, on which I had arrived with a click-through on a link on the Google Now card "Word of the day":

post-21260-0-94531400-1440064140_thumb.p

I guess that I don't have to thank Thaivisa for this ad. There must be some other forces at work here. I think that whoever pays for the AutoScout24 ad should complain that the Plus500 ad came up to cover his ad.