Reporting guests at our home place

Hi you all, I stay at large condo in Pattaya, and yesterday all owners of condos here were informed that we need to report foreign guests to immigration who stay at our places within the 24 hours after their arrival, and if we failed doing so, we would be fined 8000 THB. Now, this information is also attached on all entrance doors.

The Juristic Manager told me she had gotten this request from an immigration officer. She did not know of any fines given as yet.

I find this request not convenient. It occurs my daughter is on a short visit, just as example, and I would need the first day to do the tour to immigration to fill in TM30.

Have any of you also recently gotten such a request?

Do Thai people also need to do that? My daughter also visit her Thai relatives near-by, spontaneously and for just a few nights there. I think they would not bother to race her to immigration just on arrival.

I thought the chance to get reported if failing is not too big, so I would probably risk paying the fine.

Of course the request reminds me of some stiff countries, like Russia, where every night must be reported, even before the journey ...

"Do Thai people also need to do that?"

The House Master (owner/tenant) should report any Alien staying on the premises within 24 hours of arrival. It doesn't apply to Thais. The fine is 2,000 baht for failing to comply. Hotel managers are fined 2,000 to 8,000 for failing to report. If your daughter is Thai don't worry about it.

• Like 1

Unless your house guest is going to have contact with immigration for some reason and using your address on a application form I would not be concerned about doing the report.

That notice appears to meant for those renting out their condos. The 8000 baht fine would be for a business. The max fine for an individual is 2000 bath..

• Like 2