Have you ever been thrown out of a Restaurant? Why?

It's a tricky one is this topic, but maybe the Chinese take insult to Jing Things name and tink he's insulting them and read his restaurante reviews on Thai visa so have decided to ban him because they don't like him as a food critic....Well maybe hey...gigglem.gif

PS...I'm suprised no one has food poisoned him yet or the Baht bus Mafia aint killed him after all these years of his comments...555...

Jing Thing is the new Glitter Man of Thai visa....

No I've never been thrown out but then again I believe I know how to behave.....

Edited by MB1

No but I wish I had been as the food was terrible

I have never had terrible food in a restaurant, but I have had food which I can't stand and which I did not ask for put

on my plate along with my main meal, and have walked out without having to be thrown out. That is my main hate about eating in a restaurant, and

why I sometimes have to go to McDonalds or KFC when I'm on my travels.

I have never had terrible food in a restaurant, but I have had food which I can't stand and which I did not ask for put

on my plate along with my main meal, and have walked out without having to be thrown out. That is my main hate about eating in a restaurant, and

So when the food fixed for you isn't fixed just right you get your fixed food fix fixed up at KFC/McD's? ....And that fixes everything?

Possum, you don't have my permission to use what I said on another thread totally out of context for your own baiting purposes.

Now that you've unfairly and deliberately trashed me (THAT WAS SLEAZY), I guess a sport for you, the context was actually that often I am not even ALLOWED in restaurants because I am a very curious person and often approach places that don't wish to serve me ... because they are specialized restaurants for certain nationalities or exclusive to tour group buses by contract only.

So in a sense such places are exactly fully PUBLIC restaurants as they only want to serve certain kinds of customers.

I do approach such restaurants on the remote chance that maybe they do actually have an a la carte English menu and would be willing to serve people different than their target national group.

ONE TIME in Pattaya I found such a place but the staff were so unfriendly and so unwelcoming that I haven't even tried it yet. (A Chinese place.) It's not pleasant to go to places where you really aren't welcome. I might do if I happen by and there aren't tour groups there, but probably not.

That was the context.

If you want to start threads, great, be original and OWN IT -- but do it on your own terms and leave me out of it!

Next ...

Edited by Jingthing

So when the food fixed for you isn't fixed just right you get your fixed food fix fixed up at KFC/McD's? ....And that fixes everything?

You have got everything wrong here, You should read my post again. I do not eat Thai food as it all has either fruit and veg which I do not like, except completely liquidised.

If a certain food is not on the menu, it should not be given. In a restaurant which serves Western food along with Thai food, if the menu says ie, Ham Omelette, with French Fries, and I ask for it with no salad, I do not expect my omelette to be filled with salad.

So what are you on about, the food 'isn't fixed just right'? I am really surprised at you, as I thought you were one of the more sensible posters.

You have got everything wrong here, You should read my post again. I do not eat Thai food as it all has either fruit and veg which I do not like, except completely liquidised.

If a certain food is not on the menu, it should not be given. In a restaurant which serves Western food along with Thai food, if the menu says ie, Ham Omelette, with French Fries, and I ask for it with no salad, I do not expect my omelette to be filled with salad.

So what are you on about, the food 'isn't fixed just right'? I am really surprised at you, as I thought you were one of the more sensible posters.

OK OK OK ..... Testy today?

The topic in and of itself seems to invite lighter responses.....Glad to let you take it as serious as you wish to.....

Fortunately - I enjoy Thai food because it helps keep the weight down....If I go on a western food craving for about a week it adds a few kilos Quickly.....

Don't know the cure for when you get over and above the specified ordered items.....Sending food back is always a gamey proposition - especially if there is a language interpretation bridge + the wishes possibly miss-explained going along the kitchen ordering chain.....Good luck with that.....

Fortunately - we eat out several times a week but have not run into those situations ....

About 2 weeks ago I was waiting in a mall and had a hankering to grab something at McD's = That will keep me cured of that for a couple of years.....

Possum, you don't have my permission to use what I said on another thread totally out of context for your own baiting purposes.

Now that you've unfairly and deliberately trashed me (THAT WAS SLEAZY), I guess a sport for you, the context was actually that often I am not even ALLOWED in restaurants because I am a very curious person and often approach places that don't wish to serve me ... because they are specialized restaurants for certain nationalities or exclusive to tour group buses by contract only.

So in a sense such places are exactly fully PUBLIC restaurants as they only want to serve certain kinds of customers.

I do approach such restaurants on the remote chance that maybe they do actually have an a la carte English menu and would be willing to serve people different than their target national group.

ONE TIME in Pattaya I found such a place but the staff were so unfriendly and so unwelcoming that I haven't even tried it yet. (A Chinese place.) It's not pleasant to go to places where you really aren't welcome. I might do if I happen by and there aren't tour groups there, but probably not.

That was the context.

If you want to start threads, great, be original and OWN IT -- but do it on your own terms and leave me out of it!

Next ...

Who has the cranky pants on today. Its a light hearted thread, perhaps you get banned from restaurants as you are too sensitive then take out your frustration on the baht bus.

Sorry about being a little touchy Prgramme, but is is a sore point with me being given things that are not on the menu.

I always eat Western food, I have never had a problem with my weight.

That was the context.

Next ...

Sorry JT, but you have to admit it was a good idea for a topic, if the topic is a good success then the credit goes to you, but I will be happy to leave you out of it if that's what you want.

Aside from the situation of tour group type and nationality focused restaurants not even wanting me to come into the place in the first place, I have actually only been thrown out of a restaurant once in my life.

That was Simon's Fish and Chips in Jomtien long ago when it had the original owner.

I posted about that of course.

He was wrong. I was right. No loss except for weight loss.

He also made a point of disparaging Americans. Lovely ... where did the "special relationship" go?

Actually I had finished my meal and was told not to ever return ... I suppose that's close enough to being thrown out.

Second time almost thrown out was being threatened with being "banned" from Sunrise Jomtien by a high strung haughty Thai manager for having issues too often with the food. I told him ... I don't care and he looked shocked. They are now closed.

Last laugh! cheesy.gif

Edited by Jingthing

Years ago. Hong Kong, Halloween night. About six of us were out We had been pub crawling so were all pretty drunk. One guys says that he would bet me to see who could drink a beer the fastest. Well.......I knew I could just open my throat and pour it down in 1 second......We ordered the beers and when he wanted to wait for them to warm up a bit I knew I would win the bet.

He says go, and sure enough he is chugging. I give him. a couple seconds. Then when I went to pour it down my throat' I missed anb the whole beer went over my shoulder and hit the waitress serving the next booth......She was so mad. She shot to our table and was screaming at me. That was the exact moment by friend finished his chug and vomited all over her.

Not really thrown out..just beaten up.

Actually, it was the first date I had with an Asian lady (in San Diego, CA)

After dinner, I was handed the check...I immediately gave it to my date and told her it was better that she paid....because if I paid, she might then feel obligated to have sex with me.

bad move.

Edited by slipperylobster

Not really thrown out..just beaten up.

Actually, it was the first date I had with an Asian lady (in San Diego, CA)

After dinner, I was handed the check...I immediately gave it to my date and told her it was better that she paid....because if I paid, she might then feel obligated to have sex with me.

bad move.

Not sure we can believe tall tails from a west coast lobster.....

Everyone knows the Maine & Aussie lobsters can brag about Their tall tails.....

Got thrown out of " a take away " shop type of restaurant in Melbourne many years ago . Three of us walked in and ordered milkshakes . The shop was owned by these big Leb guys and whilst one of them made the milkshakes the other two just glared at us . My two friends were skinheads in full skinhead regalia complete with tatts everywhere which may have provoked the hostility -i don't really know but they were my mates from school and i was just a peace and love hippie at that time. Anyway we sat down at the table to wait for the milkshake and it wasn't as if we were taking other clients seats as the place was empty, but it was a mistake to sit down.. All of a sudden the three guys were bearing down on us plus another two came out of the back . They were all screaming at us to leave, they going to call the polices , blah blah <deleted>, blah blah whack whack ! ! ! . Anyway we were pushed/thrown out with only a few split lips and a couple of punches to the head. Apparently , from what i gather later was we should not have ordered milkshakes that were in cardboard containers instead of being in aluminium containers and sat down because we were then diners (different menu, different costs) , not scum from the streets.

If you asked for a hamburger and got a burger made out of beef, would you leave ? What if you ordered a Hot Dog and got something that tasted like cat, would that make you leave, never to return ?

No. But I've probably thrown up in one.

That's different to what I heard about you biker.

There was a story going around about an incident in a food court involving some guy and an umbrella.

Are you using the definition of 'restaurant' to sidestep this one?

There was a story going around about an incident in a food court involving some guy and an umbrella.

Yawn.

Yawn.

Throwing up an umbrella in a restaurant would be a sure way of getting thrown out. Was the roof leaking?

Edited by possum1931