Video shows how Texas traffic stop escalated into confrontation

webfact

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of us in New Mexico call Lubock "buttock", it still is. For one the perp I helped send to prison was a drug dealer involved with a local syndicate that crossed the Texas/Louisiana border and were responsible for 17 known killings, a thief and wife abuser. The local cops were already on to him. Although I had know him for years and at one time we ran together when we both got of the Marines and came back from Vietnam, he still broke into my parents old house that I had rented to another friend, USMC, that he knew and stole. Being a left wing militant doesn't make me not a hard man as many could testify to. I'm no panty waist liberal. I've been through Waller many, many times going to Austin and Brenham and I had a lady friend I "visited" that lived just outside the town. Orange is on the Louisiana border, more Cajun than most places in Texas. If you lived in Houston, you know Texans drive places and a distance like Orange to Waller is nothing. Again the right wing tries to shift the subject onto the person. Old, old tactic, you know like telling a lie over and over until idiots begin to believe it, reference teabaggers. The stop is over when the citation, DL and insurance papers are returned to the driver. The driver is free to go, although most do not know that. It is the law and the links provided on here earlier point that out. I believe if you do just a little research you will find the cop returned to start the argument, with malice and forethought. Perhaps the lady had just had enough of stopped for driving while black.

How Did 'Driving While Black' Turn Deadly for Sandra Bland?

Bland didn't bow or scrape to an aggressive police officer.

http://www.thenation.com/article/how-did-driving-while-black-turn-deadly-for-sandra-bland/

Many of us in New Mexico call Lubock "buttock", it still is. For one the perp I helped send to prison was a drug dealer involved with a local syndicate that crossed the Texas/Louisiana border and were responsible for 17 known killings, a thief and wife abuser. The local cops were already on to him. Although I had know him for years and at one time we ran together when we both got of the Marines and came back from Vietnam, he still broke into my parents old house that I had rented to another friend, USMC, that he knew and stole. Being a left wing militant doesn't make me not a hard man as many could testify to. I'm no panty waist liberal. I've been through Waller many, many times going to Austin and Brenham and I had a lady friend I "visited" that lived just outside the town. Orange is on the Louisiana border, more Cajun than most places in Texas. If you lived in Houston, you know Texans drive places and a distance like Orange to Waller is nothing. Again the right wing tries to shift the subject onto the person. Old, old tactic, you know like telling a lie over and over until idiots begin to believe it, reference teabaggers. The stop is over when the citation, DL and insurance papers are returned to the driver. The driver is free to go, although most do not know that. It is the law and the links provided on here earlier point that out. I believe if you do just a little research you will find the cop returned to start the argument, with malice and forethought. Perhaps the lady had just had enough of stopped for driving while black. How Did 'Driving While Black' Turn Deadly for Sandra Bland? Bland didn't bow or scrape to an aggressive police officer. http://www.thenation.com/article/how-did-driving-while-black-turn-deadly-for-sandra-bland/

"I believe if you do just a little research you will find the cop returned to start the argument, with malice and forethought."

You can believe anything you want, but if that were the case why did he issue her a "warning" ticket?

"Old, old tactic, you know like telling a lie over and over until idiots begin to believe it,"

Who's the idiot here?

From the lead paragraph of your linked "The Nation" article:

"In the dash-cam video of the arrest of Sandra Bland, Officer Brian Encinia can be heard telling Bland that he’s made the stop because she changed lanes without using her turn signal. Soon after, when asked why she’s so irritated, Bland points out that the stop seems unnecessary and unfair: She changed lanes in an effort to get out of the officer’s way because he’d been tailing her so closely."

(emphasis mine)

He was not tailing her so closely. Watch the video.

And that isn't what Ms Bland said to Officer Encinia.

This is from the transcript of the video I made yesterday and posted on this thread here:

Officer (08:51): Oh, you seem irritated.

Bland:(08:52): I am, I really am. You stopped me.

I was getting out of your way.

You were speeding up handily so I moved over and you stopped me.

So, yeah, I am a little irritated but that won't stop you

from giving me a ticket though.

So I pose this question: Who in their right mind is going to change lanes, much less without signalling, with a police is "speeding up handily" behind them?

Another question: Who in their right mind is going to respond like this when a polite request by a police officer (or anyone, for that matter) is made to put out their cigarette?

Officer (09:18): Do you mind putting out your cigarette, please? I mind.

Bland (09:23): I'm in my car. I don't have to put out my cigarette.

If she had been on her phone and the request was made to hang up, would she have responded similarly? This actually did happen later in the video.

One more question: Who in their right mind assaults an arresting police officer?

Let's face it - Ms Bland was making bad decisions right from beginning until her very sad end.

PS: Thanks for the poignant stories, legal advice and the flawed logic, left wing militant liberal. Maybe you should apply for a position with the DOJ.

And thanks for the link to an obviously liberal, pandering website that attempts to push this non-racist event into the realm of activist racism through the use of outright lies.

PPS: chuckd - Just couldn't let his nonsense go unanswered. biggrin.png This thread has reached its expiry date/time.

Edited by MaxYakov

Many of us in New Mexico call Lubock "buttock", it still is. For one the perp I helped send to prison was a drug dealer involved with a local syndicate that crossed the Texas/Louisiana border and were responsible for 17 known killings, a thief and wife abuser. The local cops were already on to him. Although I had know him for years and at one time we ran together when we both got of the Marines and came back from Vietnam, he still broke into my parents old house that I had rented to another friend, USMC, that he knew and stole. Being a left wing militant doesn't make me not a hard man as many could testify to. I'm no panty waist liberal. I've been through Waller many, many times going to Austin and Brenham and I had a lady friend I "visited" that lived just outside the town. Orange is on the Louisiana border, more Cajun than most places in Texas. If you lived in Houston, you know Texans drive places and a distance like Orange to Waller is nothing. Again the right wing tries to shift the subject onto the person. Old, old tactic, you know like telling a lie over and over until idiots begin to believe it, reference teabaggers. The stop is over when the citation, DL and insurance papers are returned to the driver. The driver is free to go, although most do not know that. It is the law and the links provided on here earlier point that out. I believe if you do just a little research you will find the cop returned to start the argument, with malice and forethought. Perhaps the lady had just had enough of stopped for driving while black. How Did 'Driving While Black' Turn Deadly for Sandra Bland?Bland didn't bow or scrape to an aggressive police officer. http://www.thenation.com/article/how-did-driving-while-black-turn-deadly-for-sandra-bland/

Nice try at obfuscation. It has never in this thread been pointed out any law that says there is a legal end to a traffic stop. I watched the video with an open mind. Something you seemed to have failed at.

Many of us in New Mexico call Lubock "buttock", it still is. For one the perp I helped send to prison was a drug dealer involved with a local syndicate that crossed the Texas/Louisiana border and were responsible for 17 known killings, a thief and wife abuser. The local cops were already on to him. Although I had know him for years and at one time we ran together when we both got of the Marines and came back from Vietnam, he still broke into my parents old house that I had rented to another friend, USMC, that he knew and stole. Being a left wing militant doesn't make me not a hard man as many could testify to. I'm no panty waist liberal. I've been through Waller many, many times going to Austin and Brenham and I had a lady friend I "visited" that lived just outside the town. Orange is on the Louisiana border, more Cajun than most places in Texas. If you lived in Houston, you know Texans drive places and a distance like Orange to Waller is nothing. Again the right wing tries to shift the subject onto the person. Old, old tactic, you know like telling a lie over and over until idiots begin to believe it, reference teabaggers. The stop is over when the citation, DL and insurance papers are returned to the driver. The driver is free to go, although most do not know that. It is the law and the links provided on here earlier point that out. I believe if you do just a little research you will find the cop returned to start the argument, with malice and forethought. Perhaps the lady had just had enough of stopped for driving while black. How Did 'Driving While Black' Turn Deadly for Sandra Bland?Bland didn't bow or scrape to an aggressive police officer. http://www.thenation.com/article/how-did-driving-while-black-turn-deadly-for-sandra-bland/

Nice try at obfuscation. It has never in this thread been pointed out any law that says there is a legal end to a traffic stop. I watched the video with an open mind. Something you seemed to have failed at.

So legally, you could be held indefinitely? Put out the cigarette, lower your pants, lift up your skirt, turn around, bend over, stick your hands between your legs, dance on one foot, stick your finger in mouth and make sucking noises, lick your lips as if you've sucked a delicious lolly pop. Don't wanna do it? Don't you sass me girl, or I'll light you up!

Many of us in New Mexico call Lubock "buttock", it still is. For one the perp I helped send to prison was a drug dealer involved with a local syndicate that crossed the Texas/Louisiana border and were responsible for 17 known killings, a thief and wife abuser. The local cops were already on to him. Although I had know him for years and at one time we ran together when we both got of the Marines and came back from Vietnam, he still broke into my parents old house that I had rented to another friend, USMC, that he knew and stole. Being a left wing militant doesn't make me not a hard man as many could testify to. I'm no panty waist liberal. I've been through Waller many, many times going to Austin and Brenham and I had a lady friend I "visited" that lived just outside the town. Orange is on the Louisiana border, more Cajun than most places in Texas. If you lived in Houston, you know Texans drive places and a distance like Orange to Waller is nothing. Again the right wing tries to shift the subject onto the person. Old, old tactic, you know like telling a lie over and over until idiots begin to believe it, reference teabaggers. The stop is over when the citation, DL and insurance papers are returned to the driver. The driver is free to go, although most do not know that. It is the law and the links provided on here earlier point that out. I believe if you do just a little research you will find the cop returned to start the argument, with malice and forethought. Perhaps the lady had just had enough of stopped for driving while black. How Did 'Driving While Black' Turn Deadly for Sandra Bland? Bland didn't bow or scrape to an aggressive police officer. http://www.thenation.com/article/how-did-driving-while-black-turn-deadly-for-sandra-bland/

"I believe if you do just a little research you will find the cop returned to start the argument, with malice and forethought."

You can believe anything you want, but if that were the case why did he issue her a "warning" ticket?

"Old, old tactic, you know like telling a lie over and over until idiots begin to believe it,"

Who's the idiot here?

"In the dash-cam video of the arrest of Sandra Bland, Officer Brian Encinia can be heard telling Bland that hes made the stop because she changed lanes without using her turn signal. Soon after, when asked why shes so irritated, Bland points out that the stop seems unnecessary and unfair: She changed lanes in an effort to get out of the officers way because hed been tailing her so closely."

(emphasis mine)

This is from the transcript of the video I made yesterday and posted on this thread here:

So I pose this question: Who in their right mind is going to change lanes, much less without signalling, with a police is "speeding up handily" behind them?

Another question: Who in their right mind is going to respond like this when a polite request by a police officer (or anyone, for that matter) is made to put out their cigarette?

If she had been on her phone and the request was made to hang up, would she have responded similarly? This actually did happen later in the video.

One more question: Who in their right mind assaults an arresting police officer?

Let's face it - Ms Bland was making bad decisions right from beginning until her very sad end.

PS: Thanks for the poignant stories, legal advice and the flawed logic, left wing militant liberal. Maybe you should apply for a position with the DOJ.

And thanks for the link to an obviously liberal, pandering website that attempts to push this non-racist event into the realm of activist racism through the use of outright lies.

PPS: chuckd - Just couldn't let his nonsense go unanswered. biggrin.png This thread has reached its expiry date/time.

Quick, write to his dept because they have already said he was wrong.

Nice try at obfuscation. It has never in this thread been pointed out any law that says there is a legal end to a traffic stop.

Here's another one.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150422/08105530754/supreme-court-rules-that-traffic-stop-ends-when-objective-is-complete-rather-than-whenever-officer-feels-it-is.shtml

"Cause apparently, you missed the first:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/23/opinions/cevallos-sandra-bland-traffic-stop/

And I'll leave you with a quote from the DPS spokesman:

"We have certain procedures in place, and he did not comply with those procedures," McCraw said. "One of the many procedures is letting the individual know in terms of what actions are going to be taken."

The director also said, "A DPS state trooper has an obligation to exhibit professionalism and be courteous throughout the entire contact, and that wasn't the case in this situation."

Edit: I'm betting the lawsuit will be settled for around $5 million. Which is really going to upset the taxpayers of Waller County...

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/07/sandra-bland-waller-county-racism/398975/

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Update/2015/0722/Sandra-Bland-death-Is-Waller-County-the-most-racist-county-in-Texas-video

Edited by impulse

Who's the idiot here?

"In the dash-cam video of the arrest of Sandra Bland, Officer Brian Encinia can be heard telling Bland that hes made the stop because she changed lanes without using her turn signal. Soon after, when asked why shes so irritated, Bland points out that the stop seems unnecessary and unfair: She changed lanes in an effort to get out of the officers way because hed been tailing her so closely."

(emphasis mine)

Quick, write to his dept because they have already said he was wrong.

No thanks. I'll let the protesters handle it as reported in this NY Daily News article and here is what they say the Texas Department of Public Safety stated:

"A Texas trooper who arrested a woman days before she was found dead in her jail cell has been put on desk duty for violating traffic procedures when he pulled her over, officials said."

"Brian Encinia, 30, was pulled off his beat and put on administrative duties Friday after an investigation into the death of Sandra Bland found he violated Texas Department of Public Safety protocols during a traffic stop last week, the agency said without delving into what he did wrong."

(emphasis mine)

Note: It's that I necessarily trust the NY Daily News or any other MSM rendition, it was simply a handy reference and it's plausible that the Texas DPS is not going to make a definitive statement about her arrest at this point.

From the video, I can see at least three of what could be considered to be violations of Public Safety protocols even before he started (what appears to me to be) commenting on/probing her mental state:

1) He dealt with her from the driver-side whereas he had, correctly, used the passenger-side initially.

2) He did not perform a turn signal test to determine if, indeed, the turn signals were working.

3) He gave two warning tickets in a row, costing the Texas DPS a good deal of ticket revenue. *

* = Last, but not least. Texas DPS funding is important to Public Safety. biggrin.png

Update: It looks like impulse found something more definitive from the Texas DPS HERE.

Edited by MaxYakov