Cheapest place to buy property in Thailand

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nakhon Sri Tamarat or Pattaya-Rayong.

Personally i'd go for a condo in Jomtien-Bang Sarae.

You can see the beach.....it looks pretty from high up smile.png

Different story if you want to swim there though!

Bang Sarai only 8 floors allowed,

so you not upvery high - on floors !!

Jomtien - 10 times overpriced !!

Are you referring to the Bang Saray between Pattaya and Sattahip? If so, I suggest you take a drive along the Bang Saray seafront. You might then notice a condo development named Del Mare towards the Pattaya end of the road. I think construction might have already reached the 8th of it's proposed 32 storeys. IMHO It's the start of the 'rape' of Bang Saray. I wonder how the developers were able to get EIA approval for this project, or am I asking a rhetorical question?

Cheapest place must be somewhere close to “Nakon Nowhere” up Isaan – but be aware of the deeds, may only be legal for family and agriculture; i.e. no house. But yes, up Isaan may be among the cheapest places – land prices are normally (very) dependent of location – but you may not wish to stay there, if you think about property for living, and it may be quite impossible to sell, so as investment not a very good choice.
However, as pure investment, farmland up Isaan may be good, looked at over long term. In some areas prices have quadrupled within the last 10 years (maybe more, some other posters may know). You will need a Thai national or a company set-up to hold the land.
With beach nearby or beachfront, the cheapest places are those where there (still) is no development (at all). Check the cost line south of Chumphon and all way down, and from south of Koh Lanta and down on the other side. There should be some really beautiful beaches on the Golf of Thailand side, and I’ve heard that prices are reasonable – of course a relative term...
As investment, if you can hit the right spot coming up within the next decade or two, you can gain a fortune – in a area down south I’m familiar with, some land prices went up 50-fold or more within a decade – but if continued undeveloped that may be difficult to sell it again without loss (of interest, and value against inflation).
Wish you good luck with your search...smile.png

Mae Sot

but who the hell wants to live there?

If you are bullet proof the deep south, have the cheapest beach land. Sorry for that but firstly how close is close and what is cheap ? If cheap is less than B 100 000 per rai and close is less than 20 km I doubt you are searching in the correct country. If cheap is B 500 000 per rai and close is less than 20 km you have a chance. Remember that the price per rai decrease as the area of the plot increases, so you can buy seaside land for B 5 mil but you must buy 50 rai - as an example.

Yes I guess Isaan properties would be the cheapest. And for beach, maybe in Chanthaburi , Sattahip etc. or some southern provinces which are low on tourist radar.

Good luck with Sattahip, the Navy owns almost all the land and not legally for sale in most cases

The owner of the company I work for has a piece of land with house for sale in that area. The property fronts the beach and had steps leading down to the sand.

I didn't ask how much though - it's way above my pay grade!

The absolute cheapest I have seen anywhere was in the woods, in Northern Thailand - only 500 baht a rai - and anyone could buy it - the catch was no chanote and the real owner will come along sometime after the purchase…

Try and set your cites a little higher - the cheapest anything is rarely much good..

Yes I guess Isaan properties would be the cheapest. And for beach, maybe in Chanthaburi , Sattahip etc. or some southern provinces which are low on tourist radar.

Good luck with Sattahip, the Navy owns almost all the land and not legally for sale in most cases
The owner of the company I work for has a piece of land with house for sale in that area. The property fronts the beach and had steps leading down to the sand.

The reason i mentioned it, there was a bit of a scam going on a few years ago where people who had leased land from the navy where sellling the land on to other people around Sattahip and Ban Chang and obviously there where no chanotes for the purchasers as the land was the navys, the people sellling the land did the off with cash, i believe the navy did the right thing and set up some sort of legal leasehold for the new "owners" but no chanotes

My point around that area be careful what a person buys

Sorry...best you can do is lease.

You can build a house on somebody else's land ..if you like.

If you are married...your wife can buy in her name...as long as you sign something that says the money used never belonged to you. Some people smartly lease if from their wives...which is not truely owning it. Also, be aware that when your wife buys, there are several types of property. I believe there is one that gives an owner "rights", then another that says the land is in the process of receiving the proper paper (chanote?) ...then the land that you want...which has a chanote and is free of debt. good luck on that.

The scariest part is that the wife (or the person who bought the property with your money) can run to the bank and pull a second mortgage out on it...anytime they feel like it...without you being involved...or even knowing. whew...that is scarey.

I am getting ready to buy some property back in the usa...where I enjoy the benefit of knowing it belongs to me. The beauty of leasing is flexibility. You will remember all this at one time in the future... however, it you are one of the few lucky guys that will remain in thailand forever, with the same wife....good for you....you win.

Wow wow what a great response thanks for all the good advice

My my budget is about 1 and a half million baht I know I can buy something in Pattaya with that not sure if I want to live here for the rest of my life

Bangsaray sounds interesting as my gf is from there so she can stay near her mum

Not to busy and not 2 quite and easy to

get to a big city easy if i need 2

I was thinking of releasing some of the equity in one of my propertys in the UK

I think if I did that my mortgage would be cheaper then what I'm currently paying in rent in Thailand

anyone else done this before I would like to know

Thanks

The reason i mentioned it, there was a bit of a scam going on a few years ago where people who had leased land from the navy where sellling the land on to other people around Sattahip and Ban Chang and obviously there where no chanotes for the purchasers as the land was the navys, the people sellling the land did the off with cash, i believe the navy did the right thing and set up some sort of legal leasehold for the new "owners" but no chanotes

Correct me if I am wrong, i was always under the impresssion, beachfront land belongs to the crown.

Sorry but in my experience don't listen to the banks when they say to a falang (we have nice property for you but it's reprocessed) trust me the old owners never think like this to them it will always be their property.

Correct me if I am wrong, i was always under the impresssion, beachfront land belongs to the crown.

to the mafia you mean.

Wow wow what a great response thanks for all the good advice

My my budget is about 1 and a half million baht I know I can buy something in Pattaya with that not sure if I want to live here for the rest of my life

Bangsaray sounds interesting as my gf is from there so she can stay near her mum

Not to busy and not 2 quite and easy to

get to a big city easy if i need 2

I was thinking of releasing some of the equity in one of my propertys in the UK

I think if I did that my mortgage would be cheaper then what I'm currently paying in rent in Thailand

anyone else done this before I would like to know

Thanks

The wife is in the business,you won't get much in Pattaya or Bangsary for 1.5 mill and certainly not overlooking the beach ,maybe a nice 25 square mtr studio in lumpini in sukhumvit,but it would have to be a gerbil you swing a cat would hit the walls lol

where would you like to live? Bangkok or where? Is it for you or for your GF? Personal question, is there a chance you might get married in the near future..

I am looking for somewhere not to busy but not in a small Thai village

somewhere where there is a few bars and restaurants and maybe 20mins walk from the beach and half hour drive to a big city

so Bang Saray looks good but could change my mind if i find somewhere else better

sorry mate can't answer your question about getting married as my gf is at work reading this now lol

I remember just 3 years back you could buy a condo ( small studio apartment ) in Nirrun Condo in Pattaya ( not the best of all units ) but it was very cheap and has a pool and quite a nice bit of banter in the afternoons by the pool bar. I remember there were a few for sale for around 500,000 Thai Baht ( about 10,000 pounds ) with an all year rental on them for about 4,000 baht a month.But they were tiny with a metal security gate on your very own front door just to give you that real " Alcatraz Feeling " .........

But not a bad investment at the time for just 10 grand.

F.J x

Any places in Hua Hin for rent at 10,000 baht a month? Near the Ocean? Patrick

Try looking on the Baht and Sold website or on TV.

Or DDproperty website thumbsup.gif

Much better sites out there than those.

Any places in Hua Hin for rent at 10,000 baht a month? Near the Ocean? Patrick

Try looking on the Baht and Sold website or on TV.

Or DDproperty website thumbsup.gif

Much better sites out there than those.

Yes....probably so...just trying to give OP a starting point

Maybe you could enlighten us as to the "Much better sites out there than those"

where would you like to live? Bangkok or where? Is it for you or for your GF? Personal question, is there a chance you might get married in the near future..

I am looking for somewhere not to busy but not in a small Thai village

somewhere where there is a few bars and restaurants and maybe 20mins walk from the beach and half hour drive to a big city

so Bang Saray looks good but could change my mind if i find somewhere else better

sorry mate can't answer your question about getting married as my gf is at work reading this now lol

There's several 45 square metre condos in Rayong near the beach for 570k.

Townhouses in Chon Buri starting at 230k

Gives you an idea anyway.