Over 50,000 chickens perish in a huge fire at a chicken farm in Khon Kaen

Lite Beer

Over 50,000 chickens perish in a huge fire at a chicken farm in Khon Kaen

KHONKAEN: -- Over 50,000 egg-laying chickens were burned to death in a huge fire at a chicken farm in Khon Kaen province on Thursday.

The fire at the chicken farm of SF Khon Kaen company in Chumpae district was suspected to be caused by a short circuit at the electricity controlling mechanism and the conveyor system, said Mr Surasit Suthinruek, assistant managing director of the company.

Twelve fire trucks were rushed to the scene and it took them more than two hours to put the fire under control but it was too late to save some 58,000 egg-laying chickens in the farm which is 120 metres long and 15 metries wide.

Damage to the farm and the birds was initially estimated at about 40 million baht.

Mr Surasit however assured that the loss of the chickens would not affect the supply of chicken eggs in the northeastern market because the company has other farms which produce chicken eggs.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/over-50000-chickens-perish-in-a-huge-fire-at-a-chicken-farm-in-khon-kaen

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-23

Clucking Hell, over 30 chickens per square metre. I hope it was a tall building.

It was interesting to witness an egg producing, (well the chickens actually were the ones producing them), farm in the US. If the farm is set up to industry standards, the chickens literally do not move that much. East, poop, and plop; perhaps a little nap here and there. Not sure how the Thais set up their egg farms, but to get an idea how the West does it try searching for 'chicken egg farm pictures'. On a side note, it was also interesting to witness a beef slaughter house. It was truly that!

50,000 chicken in 1,800sqm... They call this a "farm".... I call this a slaughterhouse.

Free range chicken does not exist in Thailand.

Free speech does not even exist for humans

"Free range chicken does not exist in Thailand."

It exists almost everywhere in Thailand. Not on a large scale, but judging by the amount of farang whining on TV about rooster "alarm clocks" in the early hours, even in Pattaya and Bangkok, they're roaming far and wide.

"Free speech does not even exist for humans"

Given all the Thai bashing & farang whining on TV and the number of "political" rallies staged in the past few years, not much worth saying has been muted.

1.jpg

Edited by Suradit69

50,000 chicken in 1,800sqm... They call this a "farm".... I call this a slaughterhouse.

Free range chicken does not exist in Thailand.

Free speech does not even exist for humans

I've seen and heard many free range chickens in Thailand. I can point you to some along beach road in Jomtien, not far from soi 9.

A kinder fate than falling victim to the dreaded Thai knicker snatcher - who get his kicks from stealing women's undies and stuffing their chickens while they are still alive and squawking!