Fatal stabbing over Facebook comments in East Pattaya

Lite Beer

Fatal stabbing over Facebook comments in East Pattaya

knife-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Late on Thursday Night a 17 year old boy was arrested and charged with the murder of his best friend following a fight over Facebook comments which the suspect was angry with and decided to stab his friend in the chest.

The incident occurred close to the Boxing Stadium in Soi Siam Country Club and led to the death of Khun Jackgrit aged 18. He was stabbed in his left chest and died at the scene despite efforts by rescue workers who performed CPR on him.

The suspect, who cannot be named due to his young age, ran away from the scene but was caught hiding in bushes close to the nearby Rattanakorn Village 14.

Read More: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/204731/fatal-stabbing-over-facebook-comments-in-east-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-25

I deleted my Facebook account 3 years ago, after I understood it was just a load of crap.

I strongly advise all the parents should keep their children away from Facebook!

RIP to the young guy.

Perhaps they should confiscate all smart phones from kids until they "grow up" and give them all dumb phones instead.

Great idea because smart phones are the only means to access facebook....... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Who really likes FB? But it isn't the issue here, even western people are <deleted> when they write on websites like FB. And some of them need a real good adultery spank. So rude en so violent they can be, you be amazed.

But even here on Thaivisa you can find mighty <deleted>, insult people whenever they want, sitting in front of their desktop computers, assuming they are safe. BUT there are people who used to be criminals and really do not like to be insulted and they do not FORGET and they WILL find those horrible people.....

Stabbing that boy isn't right, it is sad, but I can image how it accrued.

Suspect couldn't be named because of his young age!!!

I can never understand this in whichever country

If you are old enough to kill.......you are old enough to be named......and serve a grownup sentence

Facebook is not the problem here, it is a 17 year old Thai youth that got his butt kicked in a fight and then went and got a knife to seek retribution on his best friend no less. The upbringing along with the loss of face mindset must be somewhat questionable!

Facebook should be banned.

It cause more trouble than religious beliefs.

Sad event...

But closing down Face book... Then you will also have to ban all the other social media sites... Bulletin Boards & Forums... including TV...

Better just invest in a bullet proof vest.

Edited by Basil B

I deleted my Facebook account 3 years ago, after I understood it was just a load of crap.

I strongly advise all the parents should keep their children away from Facebook!

I am a parent, and I won't be following your advice...It's all down to who you have as friends, if you don't like someone, just de-friend, or block them...so easy. Its a great platform, if used in the manner it was intended.

Care to explain why it's "just a load of crap", yet over a billion people around the world use it? Perhaps you didn't use it in the right way before you deleted your account. On a personal level, I've traced many old friends and even used it to trace people for business purposes (a journalist, writing stories on them). You can also learn a lot from articles that appear on it (while not always taking everything there as truth), receive news headlines from your preferred source (like ThaiVisa), etc.

Just calling it a load of crap merely shows your own ignorance. A billion people that use it are wrong. Now THAT is what I'd call a load of crap.

Deleted mine when I left the Philippines. My pages were all over the place. No privacy at all.

I think even the tax people like to see where you actually live, work and play...and how many cars and houses you own.

I for some months now have used facebook but will no more it full of thais using it as a potential free dating profile site or internt sales for shoes, gold, watches, etc, i have lovingly renamed it as faceache.

You do know you can switch all that off? You don't have to see anything you don't want too. Why is everyone blaming FB for that lad's murder? If not FB, it would be Line, or Whatsapp, or Instagram....should they all be banned? They are not the problem, stupid people are the problem, You cannot shoot the messenger.

Deleted mine when I left the Philippines. My pages were all over the place. No privacy at all.

I think even the tax people like to see where you actually live, work and play...and how many cars and houses you own.

You can set 'privacy' settings, and many other settings to suit your own taste....don't blame FB

Blaming social media because some kid grabbed a knife and plunged it into his friend's is like blaming the postman for bringing bad news. Stupid!

"How many divorces has FB caused?" none.. divorces are the fault of the persons involved in the marriage, nothing to do with any media they use. How simplistic to say that; you show a complete lack of perception