No more free rides for bus and train in November

Lite Beer

the free "a lot of things" was also an experiment in my home country

it was a sure way for a politician to get elected & re-elected for life

free is never free, always someone else will have to cough up for it

"coughing up" ? Slightly biased language?

So you refuse "to cough up" for handicapped and sick people, children, elderly, libraries, parks?

Well, does of us who recognise Lord and Masters pay taxes, you know.

the free "a lot of things" was also an experiment in my home country

it was a sure way for a politician to get elected & re-elected for life

free is never free, always someone else will have to cough up for it

"coughing up" ? Slightly biased language?

So you refuse "to cough up" for handicapped and sick people, children, elderly, libraries, parks?

Well, does of us who recognise Lord and Masters pay taxes, you know.

First things first Rubi.

And this is no longer the 19th century, at least not in Europe.

RAMROD,

The expression "free ride" in the previous post did not mean "free bus ride" - I thought that was clear.

And you say the rich have to pay too for things? Sure, but they pay with money they got for free.....

(while eating their free business lunches, sleeping in 5* hotels paid by their company / government, and being chauffeured in their company cars)

Where is this utopia where everything is free and people don't have to earn their spending money.....and why did you leave.

Bring happiness to the people..

Hang on, when they give something to the people it is evil populism. When they take it away it is removing happiness.

Let me guess...........They will be evil populists again if they do a back flip next week and decide to extend the free buses for 2 more years!!!

The frustration that the Junta are doing a good job is obviously frustrating you my friend.

Fiscal discipline. Who would have though!!!

amazing the usual suspects are still hugging the junta after all their screw-ups... thumbsup.gif

As for the richest 50 Thais, well let's just say that some of us understand who the real "bus-drivers" are... coffee1.gif

How about naming these junta huggers you keep crapping on about. And you better not put me on that list as I am prone to complain about them when they ask for it.

You on the other hand have never admitted to your beloved Shins or redshirts doing anything wrong which tells me why you are posting on this forum, and it is not to kill time.

The "shins" are not my beloved, either.

Since I don't have time to search for your junta-hugger posts, let's agree that not all Thaksin-haters are Junta-huggers and not all Junta-haters are Thaksin-lackeys, and then move on ... OK?

(although you seem to recognize some kind of legitimacy for the current regime already puts you down in my book as a "hugger" thumbsup.gif )

good post - as usual the rich and elite are taking from the poor again and the poor and disabled will suffer from this new "let them eat cake" policy

the Thai elites enabled the existence of "Thaksin" - the existence of someone who could provide tangible benefits via government policies to a broad swath of Thais and in the process enable a political voice for these same people... The elites enabled this in the past through their own greed and selfishness...

They continue to do it today.

These people are blind to the consequences of their own actions.

RAMROD,

The expression "free ride" in the previous post did not mean "free bus ride" - I thought that was clear.

And you say the rich have to pay too for things? Sure, but they pay with money they got for free.....

(while eating their free business lunches, sleeping in 5* hotels paid by their company / government, and being chauffeured in their company cars)

Where is this utopia where everything is free and people don't have to earn their spending money.....and why did you leave.

This communist utopia where the top class gets everything for free and does not have to earn their spending money is everywhere in the world.

Does that answer your question?

And why did I leave that utopia??? They never let me in!!!

How about naming these junta huggers you keep crapping on about. And you better not put me on that list as I am prone to complain about them when they ask for it.

You on the other hand have never admitted to your beloved Shins or redshirts doing anything wrong which tells me why you are posting on this forum, and it is not to kill time.

Since I don't have time to search for your junta-hugger posts, let's agree that not all Thaksin-haters are Junta-huggers and not all Junta-haters are Thaksin-lackeys, and then move on ... OK?

(although you seem to recognize some kind of legitimacy for the current regime already puts you down in my book as a "hugger" thumbsup.gif )

good post - as usual the rich and elite are taking from the poor again and the poor and disabled will suffer from this new "let them eat cake" policy

the Thai elites enabled the existence of "Thaksin" - the existence of someone who could provide tangible benefits via government policies to a broad swath of Thais and in the process enable a political voice for these same people... The elites enabled this in the past through their own greed and selfishness...

They continue to do it today.

These people are blind to the consequences of their own actions.

Well, luckily through your comments the Thai government is aware that (some) TVF posters don't like the 'drop free rides on buses for the poor'.

Now if some could only offer some reliable data on how many poor really used the service. I know that also Thai with 20k/30k per month would use the opportunity. Anyone could, no questions asked.

The new requirement to register might mean some overhead, but also helps to ensure the poor targeted are actually reached.

Mind you, some seem blind to the advantages of efficiency, administration and so.

Can't believe the usual suspects are still crapping on about happiness and the 50 richest families in Thailand. Must have run out of ammo and have started to recycle old material.

Let's just hope that this government does not screw the common man with bus and train fares to the point where droves of them commit suicide, a-la the previous "democratically elected" government. thumbsup.gif

amazing the usual suspects are still hugging the junta after all their screw-ups... thumbsup.gif

As for the richest 50 Thais, well let's just say that some of us understand who the real "bus-drivers" are... coffee1.gif

......................"(although you seem to recognize some kind of legitimacy for the current regime already puts you down in my book as a "hugger" thumbsup.gif)"..........................

Sorry tb, but that is bs, as I have never recognized the military coup as being legit. I have accepted the fact that it happened and I blame the Shins for it, and I also accept the fact that I have no say in the matter.

The only thing I have praised the military for is stopping the redshirts from killing people on the streets and for paying the farmers the money that was owed to them for so long. Another disaster I blame the Shins for.

You have no reason to label me a junta-hugger but I am suss about you because I have never seen you admit to any faults by the Shins or their terrorists the redshirts, and unfortunately I have read many of your comments.

And the majority of your comments about the Government are contrary to forum rules.