Is this the truth about Thai people?

fitnesspm

"The Philippines is globally the friendliest country to migrants, while Thailand has the biggest number of xenophobic citizens."

I've not visited all the countries in the world so I cant comment on them, but of the countries in Asia that I have visited I would say that the above quote is perfectly true.

As for farangs being ganged-up on, yes it definitely happens here. But I cant imagine it happening so much in the Philippines, if at all. In fact in the RP I would expect many Filipinos to be on the side of the farang.

Very, very different cultures and people.

If you agree with the above, can you explain the reason for always increasing number of attacks and murder of foreigners in such a friendly, loving place?

Visiting Angeles City and hearing you are the sexist man does not translate into "friendliest" not to mention Angeles City is tightly controlled by 1 cop and gang to ensure foreign money is safe, otherwise city would be "out of business"

Step out side the safe zone and see how "friendly" Filo's arethumbsup.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Philippines is globally the friendliest country to migrants, while Thailand has the biggest number of xenophobic citizens."

I've not visited all the countries in the world so I cant comment on them, but of the countries in Asia that I have visited I would say that the above quote is perfectly true.

As for farangs being ganged-up on, yes it definitely happens here. But I cant imagine it happening so much in the Philippines, if at all. In fact in the RP I would expect many Filipinos to be on the side of the farang.

If you agree with the above, can you explain the reason for always increasing number of attacks and murder of foreigners in such a friendly, loving place?

Visiting Angeles City and hearing you are the sexist man does not translate into "friendliest" not to mention Angeles City is tightly controlled by 1 cop and gang to ensure foreign money is safe, otherwise city would be "out of business"

Step out side the safe zone and see how "friendly" Filo's arethumbsup.gif

Lived there for 20 years. What you have there is a lack of education and an unbelievable unemployment rate. I was almost murdered 3 times (once I had to fight my way out and once I had to hide from gunfire directed at me). If you think life is cheap..go play bingo in the philippines. When somebody dies...it is how they make money to bury you. They play bingo. Thailand is like heaven. Wife was from Philippines (Negros occidental)..married 1980. History goes back to 1977 (military). Retired and lived many places in zambales and mindoro 1996 to 2011. Getting out of there alive was the hardest thing I ever accomplished...and thailand is like a kiddie park compared to PI. Count your blessings.

Those friendly words you here there just are not true. when you look away...remember..you are the brunt of the joke.

Gotta agree about the different cultures. Thousands upon thousands of Filipinos live and work in Thailand and none want to go home. Last count I think 3 Thai people work in the Philippines and they all want to come home. laugh.png

Step out side the safe zone and see how "friendly" Filo's are

That's a completely different situation. I didn't say that there are no murders or muggings in the RP, I said that you dont get gangs of Filipinos ganging up on foreigners just because they are foreign.

Here you get both things, and in spades.

Step out side the safe zone and see how "friendly" Filo's are

That's a completely different situation. I didn't say that there are no murders or muggings in the RP, I said that you dont get gangs of Filipinos ganging up on foreigners just because they are foreign.

DO you want to try again?

Yes you do get gangs, ganging up, killing and robbing.

As i said, step outside safe zone of Angeles City and see how safe you will feel.

Gotta agree about the different cultures. Thousands upon thousands of Filipinos live and work in Thailand and none want to go home. Last count I think 3 Thai people work in the Philippines and they all want to come home.

Ask those Pinoys where they would live if they didnt have to earn an income: my guess is few would stay here. Most of the ones I know in the UK intend going home to live when their pensions start paying out.

And Thais do indeed dislike being abroad, probably due to the xenophobia mentioned in this thread.

Gotta agree about the different cultures. Thousands upon thousands of Filipinos live and work in Thailand and none want to go home. Last count I think 3 Thai people work in the Philippines and they all want to come home.

Ask those Pinoys where they would live if they didnt have to earn an income: my guess is few would stay here. Most of the ones I know in the UK intend going home to live when their pensions start paying out.

And Thais do indeed dislike being abroad, probably due to the xenophobia mentioned in this thread.

I'm quite close to many of them. They like the food and infrastructure and health care much better. The opportunity is greater for people with degrees which they all have. If I had a home in hell and a farm in the UK I'd sell the farm and move home so I can see the point there.

Thais like Thailand because the food is free, everyone owns land and they have very strong family values. Plus Thai people smell so much better than other places. For the Thai men there is a brothel on every corner and the ladies have a gik in every closet so I understand why they like Thailand.

All Thai-people are different and there is no overall "truth" about Thai-people.

Some of the most decent, helpful and honest people I have ever known are Thai and some are so stupid, you wonder who they managed to survive being born.

From my experience with Thais, it takes quite a lot to "piss them off". So you must really have said something bad to those 4 guys, for them to want to get their friends and beat you up. And I guess you also learnt that Thai-men never fights alone agains Farangs double their size :-)

Anyway, I understand your change in attitude towards Thai-people and Thailand after an experience like that. But don't let that take you down. Living in Thailand is a constant flow of challenges, because you are and will always be a Farang here. But you will always be different where-ever you go - except your home country.

PS. I once saw a fat old german guy being beaten heavily by a bunch of Go-Go girls. They used their shoes to make as much damage as possible, which was quite effective. He got the beating, because he had slapped on of the girls. When the police came, then ignored the girls attacking him. So did the other in the bar. Maybe because we all though he actually deserved it.

You are not in Faraangland anymore.

Your values and culture did not fit in your suite case when you came here..they are not here.

You have three options:

1) Learn how to behave.

2) Leave the country.

3) Die

Up To You!

Very glib Willy ! your options are non existent,unless we all follow willyumiii,law and agree with your ridiculous arguments, I doubt anyone will die just to please you!

I married a trashy girl from a trashy family one time. She was good looking but the family was trash and her reputation was also trash. I thought I could change her and didn't realize how much influence the family had over her. Have you ever noticed all of these tales of woe have one thing in common. All the guys are married or have significant others.

The guys made bad choices and can't blame it on themselves and their inexperience with life and the world so they slag off the Thai people. They should be ashamed.sad.png

Unprovoked xenophobic attacks in Thailand are extremely rare.

I hate to disagree with you but on this forum the Farang do that almost every minute read the OP if you have any doubts. Western people don't seem to be able to understand another culture and the only recourse they have is to attack.

Edited by lostoday

Gotta agree about the different cultures. Thousands upon thousands of Filipinos live and work in Thailand and none want to go home. Last count I think 3 Thai people work in the Philippines and they all want to come home. laugh.png
Thanks for the laugh mate.:)

Unprovoked xenophobic attacks in Thailand are extremely rare.

I hate to disagree with you but on this forum the Farang do that almost every minute read the OP if you have any doubts. Western people don't seem to be able to understand another culture and the only recourse they have is to attack.

Fair point!

If your dumb enough to get into a fight you deserve what you got, you should know better especially in a foreign land its a bit like blood is thicker than water, your always going to be an outsider so wise up cope it on the chin and get over it, next time swallow your pride and practise sabi sabi...

If your dumb enough to get into a fight you deserve what you got, you should know better especially in a foreign land its a bit like blood is thicker than water, your always going to be an outsider so wise up cope it on the chin and get over it, next time swallow your pride and practise sabi sabi...

Obviously you haven't seen a thai man go apeshit because of a question.

Obviously you haven't seen a thai man go apeshit because of a question.

Has anybody? I guess it would depend on the question!

The op is obviously not retired special forces unlike me!!

I'd have taken the gang out swiftly & retreated to my erv.

Wouldn't have broken a sweat & had a nice tea while discussing the small skirmish with my other SF best friends I'd just met.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love itlaugh.png

The same thing can and does happen anywhere.

but a lot of what the OP said i think is true,never mind about the bars i see it everyday in thai life and many thais would agree with him.

No, it's not true. I never see it. But then, I don't hang out in bars late into the evening provoking fights with drunks.

Where the heck are you hanging out? In a prison?

After close to 5 years living here, and 2 years mariied with Thai, the only big confrontation and trouble I had was with... another farang...and because he cheated me with money. With Thais?...nothing serious I remember...

Edited by Muzarella

OP. You were jumped by about "15 Thais" and are able to post, you should.go buy a lottery ticket. If you do some research, Thailand is one of the most "dangerous" countries in the world. You have escaped with your life..... run as far as you can.

I threatened and publicly shouted at a local politician shortly after getting here (8 dogs , wife with iron bar and SIL as back up). I'm still alive

I certainly won't do that again.

................................ Looked as hard as I could for an emoticon that was on it's knees and praying ...intheclub.gif good as I could find....Thank you

DO you want to try again?

Yes you do get gangs, ganging up, killing and robbing.

As i said, step outside safe zone of Angeles City and see how safe you will feel.

Actually, whilst I've visited just about every large and medium sized island in the RP, and spent half my time there for many years, I've never actually been to Angeles. Nor do I have any wish to go there. I went to Olongapo once and that was enough.

And I've always felt safe in the RP, as indeed I do here.