Where exactly do we stand in the Thai social scale - Buffalo

connda

You keep referring to "your family" but really they aren't

Oops, I'll try again.

You keep referring to them as "your family" but they really aren't are they, they're hers.

Maybe they just don't want anything to do with you and really, why should they?

decent folk would make him feel welcome, clearly these aint

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not interested in 'hookers', either. Nothing to do with age, being 'pc', or my upbringing. I just prefer sex with a partner who finds me attractive and sleeps with me by choice.

So! You live alone with your hand.

Mr. Biker I don't think you live alone nor do I think you live with a women. Which is cool and nothing wrong with that but it kind of throws a wrench into these discussions as the two sexes are different. I think that's not too big a leap for most people to admit - men are different from women.smile.png

Your assumptions are way off the mark - and your idea that anyone who doesn't use prostitutes must be gay is simply bizarre.

Well I don't know how they do it. I didn't mean what you said but every time I go out I get at least 3 or four offers of lifelong partnership and fidelity and romantic love for free from the LGBT community. If I was so inclined I would have no time left for the pay and play people.

I have a lot of gay friends and they never pay for it and I say more power to them. Sorry you took offense, if you did take offense.

Yeah, Isaan is a real heaven with loads of highly educated women, lol

She used to work in China, we now have a farm in Isaan my choice I prefer the slower pace of life now.

Thats nice, many also work in Singapore, Bahrain and even UKthumbsup.gif
There are many who work in that rather large office block called Orchard Towers in Singapore

In guest relations department ;)

I think you are. Aren't you the guy who don't like hookers? That is surly a product of being young and PC or some cult thing from your upbringing. I think you are brainwashed and that strikes me as forced.

Thailand unbrainwashes most men in a few years so stick around you may get your free will back. wai.gif

My apologies if I got the wrong guy and you do like hookers like a normal male in Thailand and fit quite well into the social scheme of things here.

I've been here 7 years and I haven't been "unbrainwashed".

Look, I'm not getting into a big debate about prostitution - it's been done to death but suffice it to say that I can get tail without having to pay for it; so that's what I do.

Ok?

stay away from those soi dogslaugh.png

Yeah yeah, same old story.

Saps with no choice but to pay for it automatically assume those of us who don't are lying or settling for ugly/fat women.

Time to grow up, gents

In guest relations department wink.png

Not all of us when in search of a sh#g and ended up with a bar girl, some set our sights a lot higher and found what we were looking for.

Yes in Chinagiggle.gif

No met her in the UK, did some work on her sisters house.

Told ya, ,some work in Uk as well

Off topic Question, do you all shell out money for the family, do they not work?

I would like to enquire along the same lines, but am too polite.....wink.png

I have always worked here or there and like to keep busy and productive - most of my Thai [or otherwise] associates recognise this. Those that work and are contributing in a meaningful way, those with a similar direction, are happy to look others in the eye. I have made a point of working when in Thailand despite having the money to get by. The example was set a long time ago and those that don't think they have to work for their wants were identified, categorised and I am happy that I have their measure.

I believe one can set the ground rules.

I think you are. Aren't you the guy who don't like hookers? That is surly a product of being young and PC or some cult thing from your upbringing. I think you are brainwashed and that strikes me as forced.

Thailand unbrainwashes most men in a few years so stick around you may get your free will back. wai.gif

My apologies if I got the wrong guy and you do like hookers like a normal male in Thailand and fit quite well into the social scheme of things here.

I've been here 7 years and I haven't been "unbrainwashed".

Look, I'm not getting into a big debate about prostitution - it's been done to death but suffice it to say that I can get tail without having to pay for it; so that's what I do.

Ok?

stay away from those soi dogslaugh.png

Yeah yeah, same old story.

Saps with no choice but to pay for it automatically assume those of us who don't are lying or settling for ugly/fat women.

Time to grow up, gents

You forgot gay or religious fanatic.

with a bar girl, some set our sights a lot higher and found what we were looking for.

Yes in Chinagiggle.gif

Next time I'm out and about I will look in the gutter see if I can find you, that is obviously the level you are at.

with a bar girl, some set our sights a lot higher and found what we were looking for.

Yes in Chinagiggle.gif

Next time I'm out and about I will look in the gutter see if I can find you, that is obviously the level you are at.

Interesting, when you out, you looking in gutters? why? looking for loose change?

Interesting, when you out, you looking in gutters? why? looking for loose change?

You obviously do not read English that good either, if you did you would understand the statement.

You obviously do not read English that good either, if you did you would understand the statement.

Oh, my apology, i did not realize it was a statement. I thought you were sharing your daily life activities

Don't worry next time I will put a foot note to explain it for you.

I am not worried, i am not the one living in Isaan with Chinese accountant who is Thai, who i met in UK giggle.gif

Now i understand why you do not go to "farang areas"thumbsup.gif

Havent read all the replies and I don't know anything about isaan thai family life. But from experience when you marry into a thai chinese family you soon realise there are serious internal conflicts! Money, affairs et al.

99% of problems are centred around the one with the money, in my case the rich aunt of my wife. The younger ones are all angling for attention and the elders are usually causing problems too, jealousy, losing face, what is expected of family members etc.

As a foreigner, etiquette and earning the respect of the elders in a family is a given, but also keeping yourself at arms length is important too.

Edited by fish fingers

Never had that problem whether it be family members or any other Thai person, mind you I try not to go to places with large farang population

You nailed it, Sabaidee Mai.

Treat Thais with respect and - with very few exceptions - that's the way they will treat you.

Farangs are a different breed; many more seem to be arrogant and clueless here in Thailand.

Hope you do not forget to wai the taxi drivers and the hookersgigglem.gif

Actually, I found that waiing to the hookers yields considerable "benefits," but I seldom do to the taxi drivers because they are always going on about some guy called "Rod Tid."

Funny, we had an unexpected visit from some of my wife's family tonight.

MIL, SIL, BIL, 1 Niece 20 years old, and children of a niece and nephew not present, ages 2, 6 and 7 years.

Everyone came upstairs to greet me.

MIL gave me a big hug...not easy for an older Thai woman to do.

Discussed school with my niece ( university student ) for almost an hour.( in English)

Spent almost another hour playing with the young children.

When it was time for them to leave...

Another big hug from MIL.

Handshakes and thank yous from the SIL and BIL.

A hug and thank you from the niece.

Kisses goodbye from the young children.

The problem may be you or the family you married into?

You think??

Good on you Willyum. Respect should not be given until it is earned. You have obviously accomplished this.

Leave those Bar Gals alone!!!.....marry a prostitute you often get burned.

Get married irrespective of the nationality or profession of the lady and statistically speaking your going to get burned eventually

spot on ... the difference is, with Thailand, its the HP (Hire Purchase) pay a (sizeable) deposit; with 'westerners', its a Lease, with a balloon payment at the end ...

Leave those Bar Gals alone!!!.....marry a prostitute you often get burned.

Get married irrespective of the nationality or profession of the lady and statistically speaking your going to get burned eventually

spot on ... the difference is, with Thailand, its the HP (Hire Purchase) pay a (sizeable) deposit; with 'westerners', its a Lease, with a balloon payment at the end ...

Spot On Soutpiel !!

What's the problem?

A buffalo is a high respect animal in the Isaan.

They have two if them on my gf's family's farm. Now that everything is mechanized, they don't have to work anymore. They get free food and a place to sleep, they even get free medical treatment if they are sick.

Life is not so bad for a buffalo I guess :D

Maybe you sound like a buffalo when you speak, or look like one when you move?

Never mind, I probably look like a love-sick elephant when I dance :D

Edited by micmichd