Where exactly do we stand in the Thai social scale - Buffalo

connda

Woman im dating asked if i wanted to come around for dinner with her family ive never met last week, we had made arrangements to eat out

my response: **** that, ill go out by myself, cya later

she ended up coming out with me to dinner and paying her half which i pretended to try and decline the offer but let her in the end, anyway, i digress

What im trying to say is stop being a doormat and throwing hissy fits like sending that letter off to the family and stop being an ATM, dosnt necessarily take being an a******* like me either

I agree. Thais are a poepl of action, and jumping up and down complaining is the wrong kind of action. Maybe the OP can figure out just what the "right kind of action" is.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite incredible to me. A poster asks a question which is a serious matter to him and some posters on this board denigrate him, offer no solid advice and even call his wife a prostitute. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. The World has become a place where selfishness is paramount and good manners cease to exist. Good night and good luck!

Yeah, Isaan is a real heaven with loads of highly educated women, lol

She used to work in China, we now have a farm in Isaan my choice I prefer the slower pace of life now.

Thats nice, many also work in Singapore, Bahrain and even UKthumbsup.gif

Edited by konying

My star sign is a rooster in the Chinese horoscope,

Gemini in western horoscope but no matter how

much i have fought for recognition, i am Buffalo Kee,

yes they broke me but i left, now im out of Thailand

and so is my money and sanity i might still be kee but

i'm lying on a beach in sunny Spain drinking sangria

with my young love and my Thai ex has resorted to earning

money lying on her back with her legs open wide.

They just aren't that smart, not many of them anyway.

She used to work in China, we now have a farm in Isaan my choice I prefer the slower pace of life now.

You might actually be using a bit of Tech from the company she worked in the finance department of.

You might actually be using a bit of Tech from the company she worked in the finance department of.

And i thought she was teaching English.

What's this - a how high up the Thai hierarchical system is your wife?

For all we know she was a toilet cleaner in the finance department or maybe even a dishwasher in the canteen. .

Sadly, farangs in general do not merit the bottom rung of the Thai social latter...IMHO

One is expected to quietly contribute to the Thai economy...provide for a Thai wife and extended family...and be grateful that Thailand allows you to exist in their country...

When one begins to question the sanity of all the angst one has to endure to survive here...it is usually just a matter of time before greener pastures beckon for the ole buffalo...

Feel your pain...just ignore the mean spirited posters...

For all we know she was a toilet cleaner in the finance department or maybe even a dishwasher in the canteen. .

It was just a reply to a snarky post with a nasty insinuation.

if your wife had any respect for you this wouldn't happen. sounds like the cliche old retired farang who never integrated at all with a young poor wife/family in it for the moolah.

classic.

Does one really need to show respect to an ATM ?

seems to me most Thais worship the baht so................yes

Fair observation so where does that leave the OP ? An empty ATM perhaps ?

u seem to make many negative assumptions about the OP maybe, just maybe, just for once what he said was true.

Nah I forgot, Thailand the most incredible country and people in the world the masters of the planet and dont forget they NEVER look down on non Thais, have the worlds most honest Police force almost zero road casualties and an incredible economy, honestly some people have trouble seeing Thailand for what it really is. Thais dont even trust other Thais with anything, never seen such a non trusting bunch, security guards everywhere, must be more security guards than anywhere else? and then theres the lies..........habitual, the fake smile the non confrontation but cause as much shit stirring as possible, all Thais? no, but many YES

PS am not interested in "going home"

Did you not know Thailand had an over supply of well educated accountants, badly sought out by China?laugh.png

Woman im dating asked if i wanted to come around for dinner with her family ive never met last week, we had made arrangements to eat out

my response: **** that, ill go out by myself, cya later

she ended up coming out with me to dinner and paying her half which i pretended to try and decline the offer but let her in the end, anyway, i digress

What im trying to say is stop being a doormat and throwing hissy fits like sending that letter off to the family and stop being an ATM, dosnt necessarily take being an a******* like me either

Good to see someone who has an accurate estimation of himself.

LOL

They didn't look you in the eye because they are a lower class than you. They were showing deference to you.

They could have all been midgets and unable to look him in the eye also.

I do wonder why with so many of you obviously dis-liking the people and country so much, why you are still here?

May be because so many live and post in reality and some are either really delusional or like to post illusion to spice up their sad existence.

After all behind computer screen anything is possible.

I do wonder why with so many of you obviously dis-liking the people and country so much, why you are still here?

My Wife lives here I like my Wife, I dont like Thai people in general ,I dont like Thai culture at all ,I dont like Thai religion or any for that matter, I do like Thai countryside when its not full of the crap they throw everywhere.

hey Im being honest

So should I go home as i dont like the people/culture but do like the countryside?

Edited by kannot

My Wife lives here I like my Wife, I dont like Thai people in general ,I dont like Thai culture at all ,I dont like Thai religion or any for that matter, I do like Thai countryside when its not full of the crap they throw everywhere.

hey Im being honest

So should I go home as i dont like the people/culture but do like the countryside?

Maybe if you did not have such a negative attitude, you would earn the respect of the people around you and your life would be better, or maybe just take your wife back to your country, or do you not like their either?

Delusions or/and illusions usually sound much betterthumbsup.gif

Better than what?

Your experience of living here?

Than reality? doh

As for my experience, i can assure you its by far more educating and fulfilling than yoursthumbsup.gif

Delusions or/and illusions usually sound much betterthumbsup.gif

Better than what?

Your experience of living here?

Than reality? doh

As for my experience, i can assure you its by far more educating and fulfilling than yoursthumbsup.gif

If you say so, bro...

you have all the answers.

Several posts removed, many flames, and some off topic.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

What a load of drivel.

Earn respect or earn your way out....take your pick as to what's best for you.

Some people are destined for a single bar fire and a bowl of porridge in farangland.

I treat people with the respect I like to receive, it work for me never had a problem, I think I am just a people person, my wife tells me it is because people can see I am a good man.

What a load of drivel.

Earn respect or earn your way out....take your pick as to what's best for you.

Some people are destined for a single bar fire and a bowl of porridge in farangland.

I treat people with the respect I like to receive, it work for me never had a problem, I think I am just a people person, my wife tells me it is because people can see I am a good man.

Exactly right....sometimes in life you have to value yourself as well and know when to walk away.

From Vagabond 1 (too many quotes on the post so I couldn't post my post)

Usually people choose to marry their equals ETc

I really think that your last sentence is a bit of wishful thinking rather than a fact, certainly I have witnessed in my own marriages a complete difference in intellect, a pity at the time I didn't know any difference, having a mindset full of numbing testosterone that seemed to cloud any common sense or selective judgement that I may have had, I just wanted to BONK!

I may also truthfully add ( in my case ) it wasn't a case of selection just a simple case of pregnancy which brought about our "union"

hey Im being honest

Maybe if you did not have such a negative attitude, you would earn the respect of the people around you and your life would be better, or maybe just take your wife back to your country, or do you not like their either?

Im not looking for respect from anyone, the world seems obsessed with this " respect".

Negativity, no Id call it reality

No I dont like the Uk either the weather is crap, I like Madeira but for my Wife's sake I stay here, madeira is too cold for her.