Where exactly do we stand in the Thai social scale - Buffalo

connda

To the OP

To be brutally honest if you dont want responses that may be 180 Degrees from your point of view then maybe you shouldn't open a topic up in the first place on a public forum

But people like Sourpeel can be forgiven for completely missing the point of your post in the first place because it fits in a general way of knocking all Thai ladies and their families

But at the end of the day the problem is and has been caused by you yourself, if you allow yourself to be walked over then the typical population whether it is Thai or European will do exactly that so maybe you should acquire some testosterone and tell them all where to go and if your wife doesn't like it or doesn't stand bye you then maybe she should also go as well !

If no one opened up a topic every time they had something personal to say or experience to share, then there wouldn't be a forum now would there?

Thats true but then again you wouldn't either be able to contribute (so typical of many of the moaners and criticizers on here ) a single line, out of context post and therefore actually irrelevant to the OP would you?

You have a bit of a cheek with your one liner stating the obvious which in principle I totally agree with but your offering does not even make a comment which is relative to to the OP or indeed my post which you selected out of many of the same ilk.

My post at that early time in the thread was on topic and relevant to the OP and many other posts, cannot say the same about you post though apart from it being unfairly critical and maybe a little flaming

Have a nce dau though God loves a tryer

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If have been in a similar situation as the OP a few years ago. Total lack of respect.

When I pay for dinner or something I was the great one to them. If I wasn't buying something they never even wanted to talk to me.

Then I just thought <deleted> it!!! There is so many girls in Thailand and I'm not putting up with this horse shit anymore.

Now finally found a great girl who's family respect me and we treat each other well.

It's not that hard to find a hi with a good mannered family. You just need to try a few girls elsewhere and not in a bar. Although I can't say all bar gis family are rude, but I think the chances they are is higher.

I have never actually REALLY considered my status in LOS. It has never been an issue.

Upon reflection, my status has been VG. Why? No expectations of others. I came here with sufficient awareness/knowledge & $$$ that I did not NEED to rely upon others.

A bonus - a Chinese-Thai took me by hand & introduced me to certain people who were able to provide required services.

The opposite sex was a far greater challenge. A lot of luck & good fate assists. I was looking for a quality lady - not some Hi-So - but good education, no brothers & sisters, parents who made no demands upon me. I found her but also had a great time doing the research.

I willingly supported the family in due time after I had a good understanding of them.

I might add the research for a quality lady cost $$$ - 2 cars + repayment of an education loan.

My understanding is that the Thai family understands me; respect me as I respect them.

Summary: it is a big challenge but well worth it. Add language & cultural understanding.

I have never actually REALLY considered my status in LOS. It has never been an issue.

Upon reflection, my status has been VG. Why? No expectations of others. I came here with sufficient awareness/knowledge & $$$ that I did not NEED to rely upon others.

A bonus - a Chinese-Thai took me by hand & introduced me to certain people who were able to provide required services.

The opposite sex was a far greater challenge. A lot of luck & good fate assists. I was looking for a quality lady - not some Hi-So - but good education, no brothers & sisters, parents who made no demands upon me. I found her but also had a great time doing the research.

I willingly supported the family in due time after I had a good understanding of them.

I might add the research for a quality lady cost $$$ - 2 cars + repayment of an education loan.

My understanding is that the Thai family understands me; respect me as I respect them.

Summary: it is a big challenge but well worth it. Add language & cultural understanding.

Excuse me??!!

You had to buy 2 cars and pay off someone's education loan in order to find a quality woman??

Is it any wonder that Western men are considered a soft-touch here?

All that crap just to find a woman?

Not just any woman - a very suitable woman.

My opinion - relatively inexpensive - B500k max.

Hitch up with an incompatiable lady, the financial cost + emotional cost totals far more.

No they don't.

If you're just evaluating a woman, why would you invest emotional let alone financial capital in her?

Even if you start "going steady" with a Thai woman, how can your financial outlay even BEGIN to break into the kind of numbers you're talking about?

A couple of meals and a few drinks suffices for most men but you're talking about at least 150k on "evaluation" costs.

You didn't happen to meet your candidates through this fella, did you?

conrad_zpsn7pdhkkt.jpg

Not just any woman - a very suitable woman.

My opinion - relatively inexpensive - B500k max.

Hitch up with an incompatiable lady, the financial cost + emotional cost totals far more.

No they don't.

If you're just evaluating a woman, why would you invest emotional let alone financial capital in her?

Even if you start "going steady" with a Thai woman, how can your financial outlay even BEGIN to break into the kind of numbers you're talking about?

A couple of meals and a few drinks suffices for most men but you're talking about at least 150k on "evaluation" costs.

You didn't happen to meet your candidates through this fella, did you?

conrad_zpsn7pdhkkt.jpg

he could have been "Lynched" as Louis would have said

I will respect you for 2 cars and a loan payoff. So will my entire family. What we really think inside is totally different matter.

The worrying point here is that money = respect , and that a foreigner accepts this.

For the short-term, money=respect - I agree.

Just keep pouring $$$ in = a good laugh by the Thai = stupid farang.

Medium to long-term - respect matters.

If have been in a similar situation as the OP a few years ago. Total lack of respect.

When I pay for dinner or something I was the great one to them. If I wasn't buying something they never even wanted to talk to me.

Then I just thought <deleted> it!!! There is so many girls in Thailand and I'm not putting up with this horse shit anymore.

Now finally found a great girl who's family respect me and we treat each other well.

It's not that hard to find a hi with a good mannered family. You just need to try a few girls elsewhere and not in a bar. Although I can't say all bar gis family are rude, but I think the chances they are is higher.

a bargirl is a working girl who wants to spent time with you for money. she takes care of her family with your money, you pay their relative to have sex with you. why should they respect you. find a non sex worker and things are different

Alternatively, if you absolutely, positively HAVE to marry a Thai woman, at least make sure she and her family are solvent.

Why would a solvent Thai lady marry a fat, old and bald foreigner?

If the Thai woman is strong minded and independent she will have difficulty finding a Thai husband. The Western guy is probably used to a bossy woman and the Thai woman is not as bad as his previous experience so he thinks she is a great catch (which she may be). It is all a matter of degree. Plus Thai women are not bothered by age or appearance as much as Western young men and women (IMHO).

Alternatively, if you absolutely, positively HAVE to marry a Thai woman, at least make sure she and her family are solvent.

For his personality?

perhaps for his shiny skull? huh.png

Not all foreigners are fat, old and bald.

Most, not all.

At 46, you already qualify for old.

One out of three ain't bad ...... how's the hairline doing?

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Plus Thai women are not bothered by age or appearance as much as Western young men and women (IMHO).

Where on earth do you get these ridiculous notions from?

Of COURSE Thai women are "bothered" by age and appearance; perhaps even more so than Western chicks

If they have a financial imperative, they may be prepared to grin and bear the embarrassment and ridicule heaped on them by some of their peers for being with an elderly Westerner

Old Westerners really ARE their last resort

So how do we decide this question? I've known thousands of Thai women for the last 40 years. I think I'd win the - who has the better sample to draw from. I was dating Thai nurses when I was a soldier in Thailand in the 1960's.

But to give you the benefit of the doubt - things may have changed.

I posted my pic on three Thai language dating sites with my chauffeur holding open the door to my Mercedes at the Conrad hotel in Bangkok. I got 123 responses from women under 30 the first day. Whatya think? Am I the last resort for those 123 women? cheesy.gif

I've never met a Thai woman bar girl or hi so who could not understand going to the bank once a month in person. Are you one of those off shore guys, cause that would explain it.

The Thai lady who is home loan manager for SCB in Chiang Mai didn't understand what a pension was.

Most Thai's don't listen to new concepts, the chances of your 70yo listening to you about anything is zero.

I don't believe most of what you say, why would she?

I went to the funeral of a friend this week and the words of praise, respect and admiration expressed by the Thai elders and dignitaries were moving to say the least. People like him are too far and few between. If there were more like him, Thais would perhaps have more reason to hold the rest of us in higher regard. With him gone there is one less good example to point to.sad.png

I do wonder why with so many of you obviously dis-liking the people and country so much, why you are still here?

My Wife lives here I like my Wife, I dont like Thai people in general ,I dont like Thai culture at all ,I dont like Thai religion or any for that matter, I do like Thai countryside when its not full of the crap they throw everywhere.

hey Im being honest

So should I go home as i dont like the people/culture but do like the countryside?

yes

Why?

It's up to him as to what he wants to do, as long as it's not against the law.

Yes. He should go. And if the wife he likes wants and is able then take her with. Otherwise he will endup being just one more cynical negative sh..thead who frequents a place where others like him congregte to complain eventually about important issues such as annoying bird calls !