Where exactly do we stand in the Thai social scale - Buffalo

connda

I would far from call myself a "Thai-lover", but at least I get respect, when I visit the family of my wife or they visit us.

But this is also very much because of my wife and properly also because I actually show them (her family and friends) respect.

If you do not get respect, then it is both due to yourself, but also your wife who does not respect you. Any chance your are one of those "We Americans know it all and are the best" - guys?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Choosing to live in a country you don't like and then complaining about it is a bit like smacking yourself in the face and then complaining it hurts.

No one chose to live in the country they did not like.

People first liked it,then got to know it.

By they time they realized their true feelings, too many roots have been set making it hard to move.thumbsup.gif

Edited by konying

I would far from call myself a "Thai-lover", but at least I get respect, when I visit the family of my wife or they visit us.

But this is also very much because of my wife and properly also because I actually show them (her family and friends) respect.

If you do not get respect, then it is both due to yourself, but also your wife who does not respect you. Any chance your are one of those "We Americans know it all and are the best" - guys?

i have never encountered any disrespect from my Thai family. could the reason be that i don't have a Thai family?

huh.png

Choosing to live in a country you don't like and then complaining about it is a bit like smacking yourself in the face and then complaining it hurts.

By they time they realized their true feelings, too many roots have been set making it hard to move.thumbsup.gif

Moving to a country you know little about and putting down roots is hardly the smartest thing to do either, is it?

"I personally believe that most consider me to be simply on the same status of Buffalo. I have supported my family with an income in excess of multiples of what Thais make, and I've spent a majority of my retirement funds taking care of my family."

Wasting you hard earned money on this lot ......... they may be right.

Moving to a country you know little about and putting down roots is hardly the smartest thing to do either, is it?

Not all like living like backpackerswhistling.gif

I do wonder why with so many of you obviously dis-liking the people and country so much, why you are still here?

I dislike most people I meet everywhere in the world.

Where do you suggest I live?

Roots? What roots?

Houses, cars and businesses can be sold

Wives are portable as are children

Will it require adjustment? Sure, but if one fundamentally hates the environment in which they're immersed, it seems like a small trade-off

1/ The average Thai is not taught more than the most basic of manners,

Major bullshit. They're taught

manners plenty; they just not

manners that your average self

-important farang would pick up

on. Maybe you should develop

an awareness of the cultural

nuances before making stupid

generalisations.

Any number of Thais will say the same thing: Thais are taught few manners, and in a very narrow range at that.

But thanks for the polite response, your Thainess.

Yes but everyone has a choice as to how deep they allow those roots to run.

There's renting a condo and there's building a house on land bought in a woman's name

There's just having a casual girlfriend and there's getting married, breeding and pumping money into an extended family

No one's forced to do anything against their will

I agree UK is cr#p place to live could not wait to leave.

Many good things too, but these days i find most people younger than me seem to all want to be thugs "innit" and the govt is ridiculous with its extreme laws, Thailand is however way to lax, never a happy medium.

Roots? What roots?

Will it require adjustment? Sure, but if one fundamentally hates the environment in which they're immersed, it seems like a small trade-off

I take it you never owned a business? Only assume because you seem to think its as easy as ABC

Wives are portable? try getting just GF to move,easier with the one that is paid monthly, not so easy with the one who has a real job and friends

There's renting a condo and there's building a house on land bought in a woman's name

There's just having a casual girlfriend and there's getting married, breeding and pumping money into an extended family

Of course everyone has choices.

People migrate to another country, learn its ways, its culture and its people.

Usually for people with half a brain, it takes years not months to actually understand how things work.

By the time, one has a clear understanding, its not as easy as ABC to pack and go else where.

I didnt choose to live here I stayed for my Wife which means Im free to slag it off as much as I like.

No background history makes it hard to comment. But often it is a case of "respect gets respect". And that does not entail pretending to beThai even after many years. Also takea minute to think....what is the interaction of the same people with other Thai? There is no single factor for sure...and an open wallet will not help it or fix it.

I think you are. Aren't you the guy who don't like hookers? That is surly a product of being young and PC or some cult thing from your upbringing. I think you are brainwashed and that strikes me as forced.

Thailand unbrainwashes most men in a few years so stick around you may get your free will back. wai.gif

My apologies if I got the wrong guy and you do like hookers like a normal male in Thailand and fit quite well into the social scheme of things here.

Edited by lostoday

I didnt choose to live here I stayed for my Wife which means Im free to slag it off as much as I like.

Someone forced you to move here and marry a local?

I think you are. Aren't you the guy who don't like hookers? That is surly a product of being young and PC or some cult thing from your upbringing. I think you are brainwashed and that strikes me as forced.

Thailand unbrainwashes most men in a few years so stick around you may get your free will back. wai.gif

I'm not interested in 'hookers', either. Nothing to do with age, being 'pc', or my upbringing. I just prefer sex with a partner who finds me attractive and sleeps with me by choice. Edited by SoiBiker

Roots? What roots?

I take it you never owned a business? Only assume because you seem to think its as easy as ABC

Wives are portable? try getting just GF to move,easier with the one that is paid monthly, not so easy with the one who has a real job and friends

No but I had a girlfriend before I came to Thailand.

It was easy enough to chuck her

No but I had a girlfriend before I came to Thailand.

It was easy enough to chuck her

Will let you on little inside.

Selling business is NOT easy and takes months if not years.

Selling house is just as hard.

Of course letting it all go for 10th of what its worth is easier, but then not sure about yourself, but i like to keep my hard earned money.

Chucking GF is easy when you moving to a country where plenty are for sale

My apologies if I got the wrong guy and you do like hookers like a normal male in Thailand and fit quite well into the social scheme of things here.

I've been here 7 years and I haven't been "unbrainwashed".

Look, I'm not getting into a big debate about prostitution - it's been done to death but suffice it to say that I can get tail without having to pay for it; so that's what I do.

Ok?

Edited by Cypress Hill

I'm not interested in 'hookers', either. Nothing to do with age, being 'pc', or my upbringing. I just prefer sex with a partner who finds me attractive and sleeps with me by choice.

Unless you are talking about guys I don't believe you. Gay guys in Thailand I think actually have sex with a person who they find attractive but I've never met a woman who was so inclined. wai.gif

I stayed for my Wife its called sacrificing yourself no forcing occurred, it still leaves me free to moan whinge bitch and tell it how I see it. Hey she's a lucky woman being married to a bundle of joy like me eh?

Look, I'm not getting into a big debate about prostitution - it's been done to death but suffice it to say that I can get tail without having to pay for it; so that's what I do.

Ok?

stay away from those soi dogslaugh.png

I stayed for my Wife its called sacrificing yourself no forcing occurred, it still leaves me free to moan whinge bitch and tell it how I see it. Hey she's a lucky woman being married to a bundle of joy like me eh?

I like you,no reason why she should nottongue.pngbiggrin.pnglaugh.png

So you keep telling us.

But who forced you to move here in the first place?

So you keep telling us.

But who forced you to move here in the first place?

I came for a holiday to meet the smiling happy Thais a s promoted, I only found one and married her, she earnt so much money I retired after giving her a start up, never been married before and did it at 42. No forcing involved didnt want her to be unhappy in the UK.

Ok?

OK with me. How do you get them to leave? I have to pay them. You must have another secret.