River Almost At Flood Level

Gonzo the Face

I know we are all wapped up in the Coup of the year, but I would like to say for those that may have interest, the river is almost out of its banks in my back yard.. I would estimate the level around 3.25 - 3.30cm.

Because of the coup , the Hydro boys are apparently not working...... Emergencys apparently do not count during a coup..... Makes me wonder about the fire department.......

Come to think of it, I don't think I've heard a siren all day...

Gonzo

I know we are all wapped up in the Coup of the year, but I would like to say for those that may have interest, the river is almost out of its banks in my back yard.. I would estimate the level around 3.25 - 3.30cm.

Because of the coup , the Hydro boys are apparently not working...... Emergencys apparently do not count during a coup..... Makes me wonder about the fire department.......

Gonzo

Perhaps it'll clean out the riff-raff hanging out at the Fun Fun Guest House. :o

Gonzo

Perhaps it'll clean out the riff-raff hanging out at the Fun Fun Guest House.

All of the 30 day visa runners who are waiting for the border at Mai Sai to re-open for their last free stamp before 1 October! :o

Keep us posted Gonzo ... You're in position to provide better real-time info than Hydro.

Looks like the river was pretty steady overnight. Lets cross our fingers it doesn't get any higher and there is no more rain up river.

post-22124-1158803603_thumb.jpg

Southeast Corner of Rama IX Bridge , looking South [East Bank of the river]

post-22124-1158803621_thumb.jpg

Looking North to Rama IX Bridge

This entire area was under water couple week ago more than a metre

Gonzo

Edited by Gonzo the Face

As way of Flood Update as there is no Hydro report. Hope this is help to anyone needing it..

The river seems to have risen about 6cm in he past 4 hrs. Still rising but rather slowly.

Photos showing basically same views as earlier posted .

post-22124-1158815984_thumb.jpg

Viewing Southward , same as this morning

post-22124-1158816004_thumb.jpg

Flood Water Level Marker Under Rama IX Bridge

post-22124-1158816021_thumb.jpg

Northward View, water now over the walkway under Rama IX Bridge

Until next time, if there is a next time

Gonzo

Well its indeed nice to see that the Hydro Boys and Girls are back to work and least for a few hours.

They are busy giving the historical reporting, I guess, by going back and filling in the boxes as if they were working all the time....

But any port in a storm..... lets see if they work tonight or not.....

As of 7:30 AM this morning, the river seems to be going down slowly.

2 Photos from basically the same positions as the last series.

Looks like we dodged the bullet this time in spite of the rain we had last night....

Hope there was not much rain during the night to the nNrth of us.

Thanks to to the Hydro Posting Dept.... on the brink of flood and 7PM was the last report.... well TIT

post-22124-1158886711_thumb.jpg

Looking Northward

post-22124-1158886746_thumb.jpg

Looking Southward

Gonzo