jaffa cakes in thailand ?

Boyce

Marks & Sparks in Pattaya Central Festival Shopping Mall stock them, was there yesterday and also called into Waitrose and stocked up on Scottish Kiln Smoked Kippers!

Not a cheap place though is it?

I have not seen Jaffa Cakes elsewhere, but the aforementioned jammy dodgers are pretty common, biscuit shelf at Big-C. Also Tesco (Nua in Pattaya) seem to have developed the idea of a UK falang display located at the booze end, central area, corned beef, drinking chocolate and many similar items. I have managed to 'let-go' of most of these things over the years, but tea bags ex-uk I still need.

Edited by jacko45k

• 2 weeks later...

Siam Expat food on Soi Siam Country Club Pattaya have Jaffa Cakes and they are 80 Baht.

Somebody mentioned HP sauce, they have that for 80 Baht a bottle. They also have Cadburys Cream eggs,

after eight mints and lots of other good stuff. Directions below

https://www.facebook.com/siamexpatfood/info?tab=overview

They list HP sauce original ? 80 THB and also have HP brown sauce 120 THB.

what is the difference,apart from price,

regards worgeordie

Siam Expat food on Soi Siam Country Club Pattaya have Jaffa Cakes and they are 80 Baht.

Somebody mentioned HP sauce, they have that for 80 Baht a bottle. They also have Cadburys Cream eggs,

after eight mints and lots of other good stuff. Directions below

https://www.facebook.com/siamexpatfood/info?tab=overview

They list HP sauce original ? 80 THB and also have HP brown sauce 120 THB.

what is the difference,apart from price,

regards worgeordie

Worgeordie,

I am not sure but the original comes in a glass bottle and the brown sauce comes in a squeezy bottle and I think it is bigger.

I don't think there is any difference in taste. I will try to find out for you as a friend from the UK is visiting me tomorrow.

Yes Marks & Spencers Central Festival Pattaya. Bit expensive though.

About 150 baht last time I looked, but I reckon they are better than McVitie's. Beware! Highly addictive. Once the packet is opened, that's it.

• 4 months later...

This was one of those weird aging monkey brain moments, but as I was shopping in Tops this morning, for whatever reason I remembered this thread, I think because the name of the cookie was kinda cute.

Anyhoo, what prompted this flurry of neural activity was that I saw these. I have to say, impulse purchase maybe, but they are rather tasty little devils I have to say...

post-97442-0-89301900-1450527401_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Snap. Was in Tops the other day and also stumbled upon the Waitrose mini jaffa cakes. Haven't had jaffa cakes for years so had to buy a pack. About 110 baht so not terribly expensive. Very tasty they were too. Will be back for more.