Phra Suthep to leave monkhood on July 28 to head a foundation dedicated for reforms

webfact

He has been promised a senate seat, or key committee seat, and he will take it. After all, he said he and Prayuth had the coup planned months in advance....

You forgot to put the unelected Prime Minister position to you list.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is when he will start another protest and get more people killed. He likes to do things like that.

It's pretty clear to anyone with an IQ over 50 that virtually all the people MURDERED during the protests were killed by UDD thugs getting paid a few thousand baht by their own government to go out and do it. And under that dictatorship (proved by the amnesty bill), only one guy could give that order.

Your hypocrisy and lies make me sick. Go get yourself some ethics.

How can you reach those conclusions? Amazing. Your logic seems to be yellow + 7 = cube.

Are you Thai, or just a junta junkie?

He is English what do you expect by his reply. He has a pic of Queen Elizabeth above his bed.

So the fox has finally decided to come out of hiding, and establish his very own chicken coop. The man is a walking insult to every decent Thai and every sincere Buddhist.

Whatever happened to the millions ( Suthep's own claim ) that he collected on the streets of Bangkok, during his protest marches. The money was supposed to be to help the struggling rice farmers and the victims of violence related to the protests. I have heard of no such disbursements to date. Perhaps he would do better to establish a foundation to disburse those funds. .....but then maybe all the funds were used up in 'operating expenses' - it happens frequently with scam charities.

Edited by tigermonkey

That is when he will start another protest and get more people killed. He likes to do things like that.

It's pretty clear to anyone with an IQ over 50 that virtually all the people MURDERED during the protests were killed by UDD thugs getting paid a few thousand baht by their own government to go out and do it. And under that dictatorship (proved by the amnesty bill), only one guy could give that order.

Your hypocrisy and lies make me sick. Go get yourself some ethics.

Er, hello... Anybody in there behind those Yellow sunglasses? Ever heard of the terminology "smoke screen", "scapegoats", "the bigger picture"? I could go on, but you still would not get my drift...

A retreat into the monastery is often the only plan forward.....Hey maybe it worked for him. I think it worked for the Thai Ambassador to The Netherlands....He sold the Embassy , the whole property. When he got back to Thailand he changed his name and became a monk for a few months to sort himself out.

Edited by NickJ

He should be in jail or have many questions to answer in Thai courts. He is leaving monkhood because he is losing to much money being a so called monk. The calling for money and greed was stronger than his love for Buddha! Some people would do anything to stay out of jail!

so the fake monk will set up a fake foundation? he is reviled by the majority and worshipped by the junta lovin' minority

I can assure you from my personal interaction with him and the electorate, he is disliked, disrespected and ridiculed (for being a monk) by the majority in the south. After he robbed them blind in the streets and bought property for his family, he burnt many bridges. He will only garner support if he promises and delivers the booty. Will he deliver the booty? I doubt it.

I have no idea as to how much truth this is, or how much validity there is to it, but according to my wife, who is active on various Thai web boards, the "rumor" is that after Suthep boasted about how he and the General had planned the coup for a long time, not only was he told to shut up by the General, but received an envelope from the General that didn't contain money, or a note, but just a single bullet. It was that was what brought about his "sudden decision" to go into the monk hood.

Take it as you will.

This man is an utter scum bag. This is why I can't take the PDRC fan boys seriously. Rightly scream about Thaksin's corruption but have THIS man as your leader? If Thaksin is the don of the north then Suthep is undoubtedly the don of the south. If there is ever to be any true fairness and reconciliation then this man also more than deserves to be locked up. He won't though, he plays for the 'right' team.

So after his famous land deals for favors from the rich and powerful, family, friends that went unpunished, the palm oil corruption and being made to leave his own political party because of the levels of corruption perceived by his own members, and the statement the dead protesters ran into the bullets that's why they are dead, the calling on his thugs to kid Knapp MP's and threats to their family's safety, they let this rabid ___ walk. and some people still like him, What The?post-4641-1156693976.gif

this slag makes Thaksin look like a saint

He devalues the religion.

religion devalues itself it needs no help

How?

Because religion - all religions - stick to outdated rituals.

Rituals and formalities have become the essence of religion.

If religion was about principles, I could possibly respectfully disagree, but those rituals just make me laugh.

And then there is the fact that religions always side with those in power.

He devalues the religion.

religion devalues itself it needs no help

How?

Because religion - all religions - stick to outdated rituals.

Rituals and formalities have become the essence of religion.

If religion was about principles, I could possibly respectfully disagree, but those rituals just make me laugh.

And then there is the fact that religions always side with those in power.

"Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak Tree. ......I'm coming home I've done my time. ..."

There's a sad event coming, but lots of jobs and influence up for grabs as a result. Not to mention a whole new Palm Oil subsidy scheme to get to grips with. These reforms need funding you know!:):)

Edited by JAG

If there is anyone in Thailand that needs serious "Attitude adjustment".....this is the grub that needs it!

But it should be done in North Korea!

Better to quit ThaiVisa because there are too many people contributing only hatred - and incredibly childish nonsense. Why not keep such crap to yourself?

So Suthep will leave the monkhood with "a brand new soul and a(n amulet) of gold"

... I guess he'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints

The sinners are much more fun

........................... only if you, yourself are one of the "sinners"

Do you think his "retreat" to the monastery was to avoid an embarrassing prosecution by his ally the PM?

Will they have forgotten by now?

I wonder - is there still a warrant out for his arrest? The last I remember was threats of a fist fight if someone in disguise tried to enter one of his protestors' camps to arrest him! biggrin.png

I wonder if this is to deflect interest away from the B2 nonsense?

Whether you think the B2 are guilty or innocent of the crimes they are charged with, I would certainly not describe the situation as "nonsense" - not when 2 lives have been lost, and the possibility of another 2 to follow.

I wonder if this is to deflect interest away from the B2 nonsense?

Whether you think the B2 are guilty or innocent of the crimes they are charged with, I would certainly not describe the situation as "nonsense" - not when 2 lives have been lost, and the possibility of another 2 to follow.

Shall I use the word "farce" instead?