How Much Cash Are You Allowed To Bring Into Thailand

feasantplukka

Your friend may be saving a few pennies in the exchange rate by bringing in cash, but he risks losing the lot through theft.

...and that theft could be as far away as the taxi driver who transports him from the airport to the taxi drivers mates house where your friend will be attacked.

Most Western authorities require travellers to declare large sums of cash being taken out of the country.

no limit in how much you can bring in, only limited to how much Thai currency you can take out.

Wrong advice, it may never happen but it is upto your airline as well! For instance if you were stopped at your home airport it could be the airline that sets a limit. If I were you just transfer as it is always easy. I transferred large amounts without a problem. Although the Thai authorities can freeze it and investigate what you need it for?

:o

Edited by lopburiguy

no limit in how much you can bring in, only limited to how much Thai currency you can take out.

Wrong advice, it may never happen but it is upto your airline as well! For instance if you were stopped at your home airport it could be the airline that sets a limit. If I were you just transfer as it is always easy. I transferred large amounts without a problem. Although the Thai authorities can freeze it and investigate what you need it for?

:o

The airlines have no authority in how much cash you carry. It's the immigration of the country that you are leaving from that may set a limit. From the USA, I believe it's maximum $10,000. Above that, you need to declare it.