Copyright law to ban Internet plagiarism

webfact

INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Copyright law to ban Internet plagiarism

ERICH PARPART,
JIRAPAN BOONNOON
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- SOCIAL network scribes should be wary of a new intellectual property law due to take effect on August 4 that outlaws the copying of other people's work and using it for commercial purposes, deputy government spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnerd said yesterday.

The government is confident the new law will work well with the nation's digital economy road map. The aims of the new copyright law are to protect creators of content published on the Internet and to catch up with changes in how creators and exploiters use media content, since the old law did not find fault with improper use of other people's original content.

The new law clearly defines copying of other's work as posting images and videos from the Internet to be used for commercial purposes without the consent and knowledge of the creators or improperly citing and cutting credit in order to impersonate the real creator of the content.

"The law determines that wrongdoers will be fined from Bt10,000 to Bt100,000 and if it is an illegal act for commercial purposes they face a jail sentence from three months to two years and a fine of Bt50,000-Bt400,000, or both," he said.

"Pirated goods can be destroyed upon a court order and transgressors will have to pay for that.

"This new law will incentivise Internet innovators and pave the way for new digital products and innovations, which will coincide with the government's digital economy plans," he added. Information on the new copyright law can be accessed via www.ipthailand.go.th or the government's 1368 hotline.

Nakrop Niamnamtham, managing director of nForce Secure, said the copyright law will enhance the competitiveness of the country and boost the digital content industry since digital content developers will have the confidence to develop products and services under the protection law.

It will encourage international businesses to come to spend money and invest much more in Thai businesses.

The copyright law will promote and support the IT industry in the long term. It will also increase transparency for businesses in the private and public sectors.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Copyright-law-to-ban-Internet-plagiarism-30265339.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-28

Hope that the Tourism Authority of Thailand gets the memo.

Oh dear what are they going to do for pictures of pristine beaches if they can't use those of the Philippines ?

Someone at TAT is going to have to learn how to use Photoshop so they can tart up those they have of beaches in LoS.

I have been running a website in the Thai language for the past 12 years and content does at times end up at Panthip or other websites but I am more concerned about looking the ranking but so far Google has always credited the content to my website. A bigger problem are the Vietnamese websites that scrap all my Vietnamese content and I mean everything. You can't go really after them.

Does this law apply to red supporters who copy and paste comments posted by other red supporters who copy and paste their amazing bs from the Little Red Book of Red Propaganda ? biggrin.png

If so it will destroy them and make reading the forum topics that much better. thumbsup.gif

But you can copy anyones published works on the internet and reproduce them free. A friend published a book available thru Amazon, they print a copy when you order.

It was ripped off and offered free to anyone who wanted it.

Thailand passing another law banning copying? Really???

When Windows 7 was first released Bill Gates said at the launch that the best thing about the new OS was that it could not be pirated !

They were already selling copies of it in Pantip Plaza in Bangkok.

Hope that the Tourism Authority of Thailand gets the memo.

Oh dear what are they going to do for pictures of pristine beaches if they can't use those of the Philippines ?

Someone at TAT is going to have to learn how to use Photoshop so they can tart up those they have of beaches in LoS.

Why would a country that has such beautiful beaches as Thailand boasts want to use photos of beaches from another..............................................

Oh, never mind. facepalm.gif

Thailand passing another law banning copying? Really???

When Windows 7 was first released Bill Gates said at the launch that the best thing about the new OS was that it could not be pirated !

They were already selling copies of it in Pantip Plaza in Bangkok.

A couple of years ago I had struggle of conscience and went to Panthip, trying to buy a legit copy of Windows 7. Of course, none was available.

When you join Facebook as a member, their rules state that they have a right to use anything you post, including pictures, in any way that they wish. You agree to this, or you are not on Facebook. That is my understanding of their rules as they have presented them to me. I guess it is only illegal to copy other people's work, unless like with Facebook, you have given them permission.