Bangkok taxi driver denies raping passenger

webfact

If this is true, this taxi driver will get double penalty..... for stupidity...

He will be the first man that..... after raping a woman..... will bring it home to meet the family.

Edited by Muzarella

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't read too much into her shutting down her Facebook page. Lots of idiots out there who look for ways to blame rape victims. Much more likely the reason was she was getting a lot of unwanted and negative and nasty comments then she thought shutting down her Facebook would somehow make people forget the post.

Look at some of the comments here, a moderated site, where people want to fault her and/or state very negative things (assumptions) about her as well as all Thai women.

Nothing wrong with questioning the story though does seem odd to put much credibility into a Coconuts story but just sick to put blame on a rape victim regardless if she was drunk or a working girl or out late at night. Not making the best decisions should not result in rape and when you put blame on the victim, you taking blame off the rapist. Bottom line, lots of sick people out there and would assume she was getting comments from them.

I certainly am not blaming the girl for being raped because she's a working girl or drunk or out late.

But the working girl theme contributes to a hypothesis that we have a case of false accusation.

Something about the sister bringing up the AIDS factor so quickly contributes to that hypothesis too.

Poor country girl, naive, working the bars, gets HIV and doesn't know how to explain it to the family back home because the family have been told the money she sends comes from her job at the factory......

This theory does not come from the girl's side of the story alone, but is strengthened by the taxi driver's account.

Despite your needs to make a girl seem less important, IF she was a working girl, this has nothing to do with her credibility. And just like your appearant views, the taxi driver may have too thought it was no big deal to have sex (rape) with a working girl ... I mean he was nice enough to drive her home and only wanted money to clean his cab.

Your theory about AIDs and her family makes absolutely no sense at all unless the driver has AIDs,

AIDs being a concern, how in the world does that indicate anything? Sorry but this is just ignorant. This is a HUGE and COMMON concern of rape victims. If anything would point away from the girl's sister thinking she was promiscuous.

Why not doubt the Taxi driver given his interesting take:

Arttapon came forward and told police Saturday he picked the passenger up at Soi Sukhumvit 20, when she was sickenly intoxicated and could not even tell him her destination.

How many taxi drivers do you think would pick up a drunken passenger who is unable to tell them where they are going?

He drove around until the passengers phone received an incoming call from her sister

Again, something doesn't make sense here. What would the motive be to do this? He can't make money with here in the car while he is randomly driving with an un-paying passenger. Did he have the meter on and expecting her to pay for his driving around? Why not drop her off at a safer place such as police station, hospital, coffee shop instead of basically kidnapping somebody?

Facebook user Pinpay Lipinpay wrote Wednesday, posting a snapshot of his license.

Yet the taxi driver says he gave her his licensee. Sound to me like she took a picture of it. If he wanted to give her something why not his ID information.

As for your using the girls story against here what makes you doubt her .... from what I see is the claim is she was raped by the taxi driver (common), worried about getting AIDs (extremely common), she came to Bangkok to earn money to help support her family(extremely common), the girl is in a very bad mental state now (extremely common) the sister was unhappy with the way police handled their report (common) and posted this on Facebook (not common) but then took it down once they held the guy (makes sense).

We don't know what happened and it is possible, like any rape case, the girl is lying but seems to me some here want to believe that based on their own issues rather than what was reported in an unreliable source and a report that clearly seems to include errors.

The fact that she is an up-country working girl simply lends support to the idea that she will fabricate a story if she caught HIV. We have heard or read 1000's of such stories that it has become credible.

I'm not believing anything...one theory is more acceptable than the other, is all.

So how do you suspect they know the Taxi driver has HIV? He must for your very ignorant theory to be a reality. She could have told this story to family without making a police report and naming a specific person who gave her HIV. There is also nothing in the story to indicate she has HIV and a suggestion she didn;t contract anything from the incident.

Since you say this is so common and there are 1,000s of such stories by up-country girls why not provide us a few o these links to some of these stories where up-country girls have filed police reports accusing a specific person of raping and giving them HIV where it was proved the story was fabricated. ... I personally have not read one.

If you can't provide 2 or 3 (let alone 1)link then you really need to stop because you either have serious issues with women or just trolling.

Hmm, now how would a scum bag rapist make his victim look bad and get people to take his side?

What lies could he use?

He could close down his victim's sister's FB account and he could get the victim's sister to talk about her sister coming from up country and being afraid she has AIDS.....?

I guess what you're saying is if he was smart, he would pre-empt the accusation by leaving his ID with the sister, so that he could later use that as proof of his innocence, because the victim was too out of it to complain to her sister at the time but he anticipates when she sobers up a bit she will complain.

Possible.

No what I'm saying is a lot of posts here seem to be on the side of the alleged rapist.

He might be guilty or he might be innocent. We don't know but a lot seem to think his story is more credible.

Just putting across a different view.

As for shutting down the FB page. Once he's caught it has served it's purpose and should be shut down.

Sure the driver took pictures of the puke after he left. Or did he clean it and then take victim home.

We only have his word he "gave" his id. Not that hard to take a photo of it.

No...the sister showed the ID on FB....that's how he knew an accusation had been made.

I do see your angle....and I don't discard it. But at the moment the evidence/circumstances I see point to the girl making up a story.

We need an interview with the sister.

I was suspicious on the first paragraph.

What taxi driver, pics up a fare and drives around until the phone rings.

Sounds more like, after he did his dirty deed, he didn't know what to do to get himself out of the predicament he was in.

Hmmm. Kill her? Dump her on the side of the road? Eeerrr risky.

Ring ring. Eureka !!!

Play nice and and hope all is forgiven.

Personally I usually err on the side that a woman who complains of rape may have some substance to the accusation as I think most women would not be so keen to make such allegation.

Unfortunately in the west there is criminal compensation now and complaints of rape has skyrocketted. Some proved to be false.

But I still err on the side of the woman at the start. But if it shows she lied then she should do the time in gaol the he would have done if convicted.

Hmm, now how would a scum bag rapist make his victim look bad and get people to take his side?

What lies could he use?

He could close down his victim's sister's FB account and he could get the victim's sister to talk about her sister coming from up country and being afraid she has AIDS.....?

I guess what you're saying is if he was smart, he would pre-empt the accusation by leaving his ID with the sister, so that he could later use that as proof of his innocence, because the victim was too out of it to complain to her sister at the time but he anticipates when she sobers up a bit she will complain.

Possible.

No what I'm saying is a lot of posts here seem to be on the side of the alleged rapist.

He might be guilty or he might be innocent. We don't know but a lot seem to think his story is more credible.

Just putting across a different view.

As for shutting down the FB page. Once he's caught it has served it's purpose and should be shut down.

Sure the driver took pictures of the puke after he left. Or did he clean it and then take victim home.

We only have his word he "gave" his id. Not that hard to take a photo of it.

No...the sister showed the ID on FB....that's how he knew an accusation had been made.

I do see your angle....and I don't discard it. But at the moment the evidence/circumstances I see point to the girl making up a story.

We need an interview with the sister.

I was suspicious on the first paragraph.

What taxi driver, pics up a fare and drives around until the phone rings.

Sounds more like, after he did his dirty deed, he didn't know what to do to get himself out of the predicament he was in.

Hmmm. Kill her? Dump her on the side of the road? Eeerrr risky.

Ring ring. Eureka !!!

Play nice and and hope all is forgiven.

I know of two such situations...

With an honest taxi driver you get in, they start driving and you tell them the destination....

However, a visiting friend forgot the name of his hotel... The Taxi driver drove him around until he got lucky... It apparently took him 4 hours!

Another, a taxi returned a customer to the bar I frequent. The drunk customer had fallen asleep before giving his destination.

We (friends and I) checked his ID for an address, dialed the last number on his phone and sent him on his way again with the Taxi driver.

Thus: in thus case, what is an honorable taxi driver to do? Throw her back out on the street to the wolves???? Or do his best to get a drunk girl home safely?

Just another point of view......

Edited by richard_smith237

The best thing to have done was not rape her.

He raped her ?? how do you know ?

At this point I find the woman's story more credible.

However I may be wrong.

My only hope is a proper and thorough investigation takes place to uncover the truth.

drunken 20 year old girl in a taxi at 5 in the morning just asking for it

Jim, you know the old saying by Abe Lincoln, you know, the one that goes" It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool ... etc", well remember that advice.

By the way, your distant cousin Johnnie Walker gives better advice. "If you drink, don't drive"thumbsup.gif

The best thing to have done was not rape her.

He raped her ?? how do you know ?

At this point I find the woman's story more credible.

However I may be wrong.

My only hope is a proper and thorough investigation takes place to uncover the truth.

Fair enough... not that it matters much, we're all simply expressing an opinion based on one initial article with limited information...

IMO: The taxi driver had ample opportunity to simply kick the girl out of the taxi if he'd raped her.

Also: IMO - the story leads me to believe that the Taxi driver attempted to do his best to get the girl home, even after she'd thrown up in his Taxi. Upon arriving home he had to deal with the Girls indignant sister and then request 500 baht to clean the Taxi...

Its possible that this who episode is driven by an indignant, angry and somewhat irrational older sister......