New taxes on new cars

The new price structure to take place on January 1st 2016 will be based on emissions rather then the current tax based on engine size. In some cases it look like it will be actually cheaper. I seriously doubt a 100k increase though. tax news

Automobile excise tax
As of 1st January 2016, those people who choose an energy-saving model when buying a new vehicle will be charged less tax. The planned restructuring of the automobile excise tax regime was first announced in 2012 and has raised concern within the industry that it would make production difficult, as manufacturers try to marry low-emissions with market requirements.

In March, industry minister Chakramon Phasukavanich stated that the new tax rates will only apply to new models, as it would not be fair to apply them to older ones.

The objective is to charge more tax on less-efficient models of vehicle, thus discouraging manufacturers from producing them and customers from buying them. The president of the Thai Automobile Association has suggested that if the vehicle tax rate is raised by between 5% and 10%, the retail price could be raised by 2%

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/moneymatters/thailand-tax-changes-46676#sthash.7QDQDyWo.dpuf

2uo5myh.jpg

Edited by Tywais
Error, changed from 2015 to 2016

I was given this a couple of weeks ago .... was waiting to see if anyone was going to post it

post-17329-0-09786500-1438068628_thumb.j

So what is really going to happen above 3000cc and 220HP does the tax change or not ... where does the 3.3L Everest fit into this please ... someone

Edited by JAS21

I was given this a couple of weeks ago .... was waiting to see if anyone was going to post it

attachicon.gifS__6087004.jpg

So what is really going to happen above 3000cc and 220HP does the tax change or not ... where does the 3.3L Everest fit into this please ... someone

The bottom line.

Yes ... finger trouble (the 2 is very close to the 3 on the keyboard and in fact when I don't have my glasses on there are two of each number anyway!)

... think the 3.2L on the Everest might have a different ECU ... I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the last column the increase or decrease compared to current tax levels? If so am I reading it correctly whereby 1500cc will increase tax charges payable? So if we take a honda jazz 1500cc the price will increase in Jan?

Is the last column the increase or decrease compared to current tax levels? If so am I reading it correctly whereby 1500cc will increase tax charges payable? So if we take a honda jazz 1500cc the price will increase in Jan?

The right column is the author's guess at how much the retail price will change. Operative word being guess.

Yes, the Jazz gets taxed more next year.

Edited by IMHO