Duty Free Alcohol Transit BKK

LemanRus

Hi

I'm transiting through Bangkok to Chiangmai. I cannot carry liquids into the cabin. Will I be able to access duty free at Chiangmai? I have been told that it's as cheap to buy in town but looking online a litre of Black Label Black costs B1320 at BKK duty-free and B1719 at Tops.

Advice appreciated

Leman

Pretty sure the answer to that is "no". Your BKK-CNX flight is a domestic flight so you won't have duty free access.

Someone can correct me if I'm mistaken but I'm relatively certain you can buy a bottle at BKK duty free and they'll seal it in a King Power duty free plastic bag with that day's receipt....allowing you to take it onto your connecting flight. If in doubt, ask them at BKK when you get there and before you purchase.

No problem with duty free on board as long as it's in sealed bags with receipts attached or inside bags. The rules concerning liquid on board apply to anything you are carrying prior to security checks before you reach the duty free area's. Once you have passed the scanners you can buy what you like and carry it on board.

I've changed planes in BKK (from Narita), and had access to the duty free stand, before I cleared Customs in CNX. You clear Immigration in BKK. You will save about 1/3+. 1 Liter of Jameson is 1050 at CNX....a 700ml is 1150 in town.

King Power will also accommodate you in BKK, by bringing to your connection. I don't think they let anyone carry out...but that may only apply to the stores right by the gates.

Edited by bangmai