New LCD TV

JGV

Where to go for new LED/LCD Tv 40 "

Went to TukCom - the Thai had no idea about service and just <deleted> me off

I want recommendations as well LED 40"

Thanks

Place with people who have knowledge so Lotus and Big C don't cut it

JGV

I bought mine recently and shopped allover. From Tesco to Big C to power buy in Central mall and even Numchai. I found the best price for what i wanted at Makro on Sukhimvit. They don't carry a lot of brands but the ones they do carry are usually priced well below anyone else in Town. I got a Samsung 40 inch Series 5 with the extra USB ports etc. for $15,900. every where else it was at least 2000 baht more.

Power Buy in Central has the best selection by far.

If you don't want new check out the second hand shops on Third Road they have them from time to time for as lows $10,000 baht.

Good Luck

If you need someone with some knowledge I'd recommend talking to Numchai but buying elsewhere.

I bought at Numchai by far the best service and they have matched the lower price for my TV I have seen elswhere after I mentioned it - also very good after sales service

I bought a TCL 40" LED TV a few months ago in Homepro for 9,400 baht.

It is 1080p, has 2 HDMI's and 2 USB's input. It also has an internet browser and you can watch Youtube on it if you can be bothered but I generally just watch normal TV or downloads or streamed movies and TV via a Windows media centre box. (for the browser/Youtube app to work it has to be connected to your internet router via a network cable).

If you are not too worried about brand name's I think it is a great TV for the money. I have friends who have paid 15,000 baht up for more popular brands like Samsung and Sony and I cannot see the difference in picture quality even when watching hi-def content via HDMI from my media centre.

Are you sure there must be a connection? Believe most can connect via WiFi these days (although only have one smart LG model).

I bought 2 32" TCL some six years ago and both have worked fine without service so can say also had good luck with them.

If you need someone with some knowledge I'd recommend talking to Numchai but buying elsewhere.

I bought mine from Numchai. It had a discounted price. I made a lower offer and they took my offer. Great TV and Numchai has good in-house service available if it's ever needed.

If I open this thread I got ads of itruemart,com:

Itrue 46" Smart TV

46" Samsung Smart TV Hotel edition just 13,890 Baht. That's a good price for a 46" LED Full HD brand name Smart TV.

This offer seems to have been around for a while. My gf spotted this some weeks ago on a local Facebook site. Note that it is a "Hotel" version so if interested check carefully it has everything else you need.

Are you sure there must be a connection? Believe most can connect via WiFi these days (although only have one smart LG model).

I bought 2 32" TCL some six years ago and both have worked fine without service so can say also had good luck with them.

I checked again and there option to connect via WiFi in the software, but an additional USB WiFi dongle would be required on my model TCL. I guess not having a built in WiFi card helps them build it down to a price point. Not a problem for me because my TOT router is close to my TV and media centre anyway.

Thanks

Archived