90 Day reporting without TM47

Maybe this has been discussed in this forum before

Went to immigration in Jomtien yesterday for my third 90 day report and I was told that next time the will not need any TM47 form filled out, the have all info in the computer system which get accessed by the previous reporting slip's bar code. It' s getting better and better...

Here in the Amnat Charoen Immigration District, we have had that system in place for several months already. And, in a far less busy office than Jomtien, they take advantage of any visit you make to their office for any reason to confirm your address and reset the 90 day clock.

When is it coming to Chiang Mai?

When I was last in Chiang Mai Immigration for 90 days, I was given the usual white piece of paper (computerized printout) indicating my next 90 day referral which is 11 August. In fact they gave me two, each having a bar code. Although I will be ready to complete a TM47, I am assuming they can read the bar code and I won't need it.

I don't see having to submit the TM47 that big a problem. I just open my completed TM47 form file, change the date, print it out.and sign it.

I don't think my office has got to the point of not needing one yet (my wife does my reports).. My last two report receipts were the first ones that had the bar code on it.

What is bad is the offices that want a stack of copies with the TM47 form.

Doing online reports is of course is a lot easier if you can do them. I cannot do them because I have to old an entry to the country but I may resolve that issue later by doing a short trip across the border and back for a new one.

I don't see having to submit the TM47 that big a problem. I just open my completed TM47 form file, change the date, print it out.and sign it.

I don't think my office has got to the point of not needing one yet (my wife does my reports).. My last two report receipts were the first ones that had the bar code on it.

What is bad is the offices that want a stack of copies with the TM47 form.

Doing online reports is of course is a lot easier if you can do them. I cannot do them because I have to old an entry to the country but I may resolve that issue later by doing a short trip across the border and back for a new one.

Absolutely, no big deal to complete/update a TM47 form - which is probably still needed for reports submitted by snail mail in any case, even where your office has previously provided you with barcoded receipts (as mine has).