Drunk Swiss man tied up on flight to Bangkok

webfact

Drunk Swiss man tied up on flight to Bangkok
Caroline Bishop

ZURICH: -- Passengers on a flight from Zurich to Bangkok were forced to tie up a drunk Swiss man who caused a fracas during the journey.

The incident occurred on the TG971 Thai Airways flight on Sunday, Swiss daily Blick reported on Wednesday.

Passengers on the flight told the paper that at around 11.30pm the Swiss, seated at the rear of the aircraft, started to cause a fuss.

Members of the cabin crew tried to calm him, but the man, who was obviously drunk, became aggressive and insulted staff and passengers.

“Like a madman he climbed over the seats, regardless of whether passengers were sitting in them or not. Children and women screamed in horror,” one witness told Blick.

Passengers forced him back to his seat, but the Swiss refused to stay there, so in a final, effective attempt to restrain him, they tied up his hands and feet.

Full story: http://m.thelocal.ch/20150729/drunk-swiss-tied-up-on-flight-to-bangkok

-- The Local 2015-07-30

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Swiss geezer was out of control.

Its time to apply Thai style government to alcohol distribution on aircraft.

Or issue the attendants with tazers.

Speaking of flight attendants, they are not mentioned in terms of this incident, seems (from what's reported) the passengers did all the work to subdue and tie up the drunk.

What ere the flight attendants doing? Perhaps just all repeating mai phen rai.

I think most of the alcohol has been consumed before boarding and often the violent reaction is due to them being refused more on the plane.

Whilst it may be inconvenient to the other passengers, perhaps landing and having the annoying passenger removed from the aircraft in say Afghanistan, Pakistan or the likes is the safest option.

I think you are all missing the point here.

This is a notification of another quality tourist arriving in Thailand. coffee1.gif

the question is, what did the Thai's do to him when he arrived? was he allowed to stay or put on the first flight back to is country? I am beting that the Thai's let him stay!

Phew. Thank God it wasn't a Brit! passifier.gif

You beat me to it, I was going to say "Thank God it wasn't an Aussie or a Brit, stick it to the Swiss for a change". clap2.gif

..................................."“Like a madman he climbed over the seats, regardless of whether passengers were sitting in them or not. Children and women screamed in horror,” one witness told Blick.".......................................

Gee, nothing like that ever happens on the flights I am on, they are usually 9hrs of sheer boredom.

OK I would go with tazers or electric chockers.... But plse do not touch

my booze.

Glegolo

This is a notification of another quality tourist arriving in Thailand. coffee1.gif

We all know when someone states the way over used "quality tourist" they are just another "quality poster".

Anyone ever considered WHY there are so many western nutters these days from who all the fuses blew?

Just because mamas boys always comes last. Mamas boys always comes when the area is secured!!

These "heroes" are the shit on earth!!!

Glegolo

"Like a madman he climbed over the seats, regardless of whether passengers were sitting in them or not. Children and women screamed in horror, one witness told Blick."

Screamed in horror?

Surprise, yes

Annoyance, yes

Anger, for sure

But horror, not so sure I'd scream in horror.

the question is, what did the Thai's do to him when he arrived? was he allowed to stay or put on the first flight back to is country? I am beting that the Thai's let him stay!

That's a reasonable question. They should just turn him around at the airport, get him out of the country and let all the major media know about it.

Way to solving the problem. Name and shame and a warning to others.