Looking for a Havachon or Bichon puppy.

You can try checking with Dog2Boy.com They are based in Udon Thani, and have many breeds both with and without pedigree available.

If they don't have it, most likely they know who does. However, you need a Thai speaker, as the lady owner speaks very limited English.

Also it would serve you well to aid her with photo of the breed you are looking for lest she's unfamiliar with the breed name.

In Bangkok, please beware of the dogs on sale at Chatuchak Weekend Market, as most are from puppy farms that disregards even the basics of breeding standards. Even pedigree papers were subjected to forgery as experienced by a colleague.

Most of the puppies are inbred and susceptible to health and temperaments issues.

Check out a groomer at the PTT station along Prachachuen Road. The owners are a couple that both speaks excellent English, and have many contacts which they would readily recommend for free.

Cheerios

Thank you both for the info I try to google the site Walter-briley kennel doesn't seem to work. Dog2boy site does work and I'm going to contact them. Thank you so much.

Most obliged! If it goes well for you in the quest for the breed you wanted at Dog2Boy, do ask for a discount ranging from 3000 - 5000 baht.

Mentioned that you were referred by a friend with many GSD's, myself. They would give you the discount for sure.

Did the same when I was recommended by a friend the first time I gave them my business and was given a discount that saved me a few thousand baht.

To my understanding, they did this to retain repeat business, and client's loyalty. Smart business sense, I'll say:)

Good luck in your quest!

Cheerios

Thank you both for the info I try to google the site Walter-briley kennel doesn't seem to work. Dog2boy site does work and I'm going to contact them. Thank you so much.

if you get no luck,try the kennel club of thailand 02-990-3618 02-990-3428-9

Could really do with a pinned thread of breeders, websites, telephone numbers.

Great idea, Keesters! Maybe, we can all partake in it by sharing the info. I'll second you :)

Though we should only collate the responsible breeders and those validated by personal experiences or by someone we know truly well.

Cheerios

Great idea, Keesters! Maybe, we can all partake in it by sharing the info. I'll second you smile.png

Though we should only collate the responsible breeders and those validated by personal experiences or by someone we know truly well.

Cheerios

yes wwww.unless you can vouch for the breeder its best to say nowt.

i have a thai magazine every 3months with a lot of breeders adverts but i have never dealt with anyone.

so if anybody wants a certain breed i can only give you the contact.

Great idea, Keesters! Maybe, we can all partake in it by sharing the info. I'll second you smile.png

Cheerios

yes wwww.unless you can vouch for the breeder its best to say nowt.

i have a thai magazine every 3months with a lot of breeders adverts but i have never dealt with anyone.

so if anybody wants a certain breed i can only give you the contact.

That's good enough, Meatboy!

After all the onus lies on the person with the need to be circumspect of any recommendations rendered.

Not everyone would render their knowledge or infos promptly and with integrity.

At the very least you aided someone honestly, without prejudices nor motives, I can only applaud you!

Cheerios

Better off allowing no publicity for puppy mills and the like until the problem of street dogs has been eliminated.

Far too many Thais buy a cute puppy, don't bother to train it, and then kick it out once it's no longer cute/vicious/too bark-y/chews or bites something it shouldn't.

Street dogs, properly trained, can make wonderful pets and be every bit as handsome/cute as one of the inbred, genetically handicapped pedigree ones.

You can try checking with Dog2Boy.com They are based in Udon Thani, and have many breeds both with and without pedigree available.

If they don't have it, most likely they know who does. However, you need a Thai speaker, as the lady owner speaks very limited English.

Also it would serve you well to aid her with photo of the breed you are looking for lest she's unfamiliar with the breed name.

In Bangkok, please beware of the dogs on sale at Chatuchak Weekend Market, as most are from puppy farms that disregards even the basics of breeding standards. Even pedigree papers were subjected to forgery as experienced by a colleague.

Most of the puppies are inbred and susceptible to health and temperaments issues.

Check out a groomer at the PTT station along Prachachuen Road. The owners are a couple that both speaks excellent English, and have many contacts which they would readily recommend for free.

Cheerios

They have 20!!!! different breeds? And that is not considered a puppy farm?

The amount of stress and appeasement signals the GSD gives on the training vdo is painful to watch. Training a dog into obedience can be done with much nicer for the dog training techniques. No need for a tiny choking rope around the neck of the dog.

Better off allowing no publicity for puppy mills and the like until the problem of street dogs has been eliminated.

Far too many Thais buy a cute puppy, don't bother to train it, and then kick it out once it's no longer cute/vicious/too bark-y/chews or bites something it shouldn't.

Street dogs, properly trained, can make wonderful pets and be every bit as handsome/cute as one of the inbred, genetically handicapped pedigree ones.

1) this forum is hardly read if at all by Thais who would act irresponsibly in the manner you describe.

2) We are talking breeders not puppy mills or street dogs

3) I have had a few mixed breed ex street dogs and while fine as house guards have never come up to scratch as a) dogs that like to walk with me, or the grandkids, on lead, B) dogs that like to swim with me, or the grandkids, at the beach, c) dogs that like to play fetch, ball or frisbee, with the grandkids. Had to get Labrador and Golden to do that. The Golden even woke me just prior to having a heart attack and could well have saved my life.

It might also be better to not allow motorbikes, cars, trucks & buses etc on our roads until the problem of traffic accidents has been eliminated. Sarcasm.......

• 2 weeks later...

Cheerios

They have 20!!!! different breeds? And that is not considered a puppy farm?

The amount of stress and appeasement signals the GSD gives on the training vdo is painful to watch. Training a dog into obedience can be done with much nicer for the dog training techniques. No need for a tiny choking rope around the neck of the dog.

Have you been there? My guess, probably not.

Is English, your second language? If No, then 'comprehension' is not your strength.

Is luckydogs.com, a boarding farm?

Cheerios

• 4 months later...