Jolie visits Myanmar

Lite Beer

Jolie visits Myanmar

RANGOON: -- UN goodwill ambassador Angelina Jolie Pitt made her first visit to Myanmar on Wednesday, the Chiang Rai Times reported.

She was welcomed by Myanmar House Speaker Shwe Mann, who led her to visit the Myanmar Parliament on Wednesday.

The British embassy in Yangon announced that Jolie Pitt made the four-day visit to Myanmar "to learn more about the situation in the country and encourage efforts to build a peaceful and inclusive future for all its people.

"The four-day visit will encompass both challenges arising from the legacy of conflict, and issues that will help determine the future of the country."

The embassy said Jolie Pitt would carry out engagements in her capacity as Co-Founder of the Preventing Sexual Violence Initiative, and as UNHCR Special Envoy will carry out field visits to displaced people in Myanmar's conflict-affected states.

She arrived in Burma from Cambodia, where she was visiting health, education and conservation projects funded by the Maddox Jolie-Pitt Foundation since 2003. She also made preparations to direct the film First They Killed My Father based on a child's experience of the years of turmoil in Cambodia.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Jolie-visits-Myanmar-30265554.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-30

Don't she and Brad usually adopt a child from whatever country she visits?

The couple has three biological children together: Shiloh, Knox and Vivienne. Their other children were adopted from other countries. Maddox was born in Cambodia, Zahara is from Ethiopia and Pax is from Vietnam.

Plus six months ago they picked up a Syrian

Moussa will be the couple's seventh child, and the website suggests he is an orphan currently living in a refuge camp in Turkey but born in Syria.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/557099/Angelina-Jolie-Brad-Pitt-adopting-Syrian-orphan

^^ me too...but not in this case...there is something strange about this woman.

Adopting because you want to is one thing....collecting because you can is something different.

Did she bring all of her "family" on the trip to Myanmar.

If not,where were the other kids...let me guess, in school or with their "Nanny" who most likely raises them all.

Edited by Mudcrab

^^ me too...but not in this case...there is something strange about this woman.

Adopting because you want to is one thing....collecting because you can is something different.

Did she bring all of her "family" on the trip to Myanmar.

If not,where were the other kids...let me guess, in school or with their "Nanny" who most likely raises them all.

Still 1000% better off probably than where they came from. Try glass half full approach to life