"Best" location to use ? (O-A (Retirement) Los Angeles, Chicago, New York or Washington, DC ?

my bank with assets in an online, I'll call or email them and I'll ask for "a letter of my account" , which does not make sense,

and/or " a letter from the bank verifying the account and balance is to be presented" , which is some kind of Tinglish, that does not really make sense

i'm guessing one is ?certifying they have a bank account, and did not forge the bank statements?

so, JMD, why did you doesn't seem like you would need to provide a a letter of my account. ; if you have pension money as your qualification to me ........

hmm, by the way : what does "a letter from the bank verifying the account and balance is to be presented" probably mean anyhow ? or what language /vocabulary do I ask my bank for one of these "letters" ?

one might think, somewhere on the LA page, they'd mention "..........and get everything notarized" ; I'm assuming I just bring the background, bank balance statement, and medical certificate to ANY notary, that ANY notary can do a "true copy" vouch-ing .....?

----------

(When submitting the bank statement, a letter from the bank verifying the account and balance is to be presented)

*6. Four copies of police verification stating the applicant has no criminal record issued by the authority concerned of his/her nationality or residence. The verification must not be more than three months old. Please note we will not accept the receipt for Request for Live Scan Service unless it includes the actual report/results.

----------

This is mentioned on the website. It is highlighted in red. Scroll down to Required documents.

http://www.thaiconsulatela.org/service_visa_detail.aspx?link_id=48

First: I think you should learn how to quote previously posted text. I am having a hard time understanding your points by the way you cut out certain things and add in others. Moving on......

The point made in a different post was... take the printed web page ( the one I posted a link to) to your bank and ask them to fulfill that request. They will know what to do. Different banks probably use different terminology.

As for your question about submitting my bank account along with my retirement papers. Why not? What is stated on the website is a minimum. If you think about it you are presenting yourself to the Thai government for 'review'. Probably a good idea to look as good as you can.

Here are the steps I took to apply in person for a Non-Imm O-A in LA. I live 8 miles from the consulate so it was quite easy. I would have no idea about the other places.

Thanks for the good recap of what's going on at the L.A. Consulate these days regarding O-A visa apps...