Man stabs several people at Jerusalem gay pride parade

webfact

Tell that to the 20% of people who are muslim citizens of Israel.

Tell them what?
Perhaps tell them they have freedom to vote, freedom of religion and freedom to choose a partner of either gender, not withstanding the actions of one lunatic. But as per usual some esteemed members extrapolate the views and actions of one insane individual to represent the views of the whole nation, which makes as much sense as arguing Anders Breivik represented Norwegian society. It is also particularly rich coming from those who conflate criticism of Islam with criticism of all Muslims, talk about having ones cake and eating it.
I will cut and paste your quote each time someone calls for the mass deportation or banning of immigration. I'll be busy.
I'm sure you have a point lurking somewhere within your fevered imagination, I'll try to suppress a yawn until the first pasting.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

President Reuven Rivlin said at the Jerusalem rally that Jewish radicalism was "wreaking havoc" in Israeli society and he was "ashamed".

"Every society has extremist fringes, but today, we have to ask, what is it in the public atmosphere which allows extremism and extremists to walk in confidence in broad daylight?," Mr Rivlin said.

Threats against Mr Rivlin have appeared on his Facebook page, calling him a "traitor" and a "president of Arabs" for his vehement condemnation of the arson in the northern West Bank, which killed Ali Dawabshe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Israeli President and Prime minister have responded in an honorable and excellent way to this violence and have not in any way been backward in stating very clearly that they abhor all religious extremist violence and radicalism including, especially including, Jewish radicalism. Rather than be churlish about this, it is best to wholeheartedly congratulate both the Prime Minister and the President. It's the development and nourishment of sentiments like these by all involved that might, just might, provide the space needed serve the legitimate claims of justice.

Some whacky lunatic fringe Jews want the same thing as all religious nutters/fruit cakes....to take the world back 200 years or 2000 years. A pox on all their houses.

Abrahamic religions sooner or later encounter a problem with wanting to bring the world back 2000 years, which is (and has always been) .....'other people', either ones who don't wish that or ones who want similar but under their own particular brand and political domination. Now, I've spent the sunset, night and sunrise on Mt Sinai and in places like Wadi Rum and in such moments can see the appeal of a quiet slow paced nomadic life goat herding with an obedient non argumentative wife producing 20 Boy child heirs to carry on the line and vanquish all enemies as I relax in old age in a goat hair tent safe in that knowledge. It sure beats being stuck in traffic jams, earnings stolen to give to other countries as 'aid' and spending my final years as a neglected vegetable, but I digress as I forgot what my point was...:)

Tell that to the 20% of people who are muslim citizens of Israel.
Tell them what?
Perhaps tell them they have freedom to vote, freedom of religion and freedom to choose a partner of either gender, not withstanding the actions of one lunatic. But as per usual some esteemed members extrapolate the views and actions of one insane individual to represent the views of the whole nation, which makes as much sense as arguing Anders Breivik represented Norwegian society. It is also particularly rich coming from those who conflate criticism of Islam with criticism of all Muslims, talk about having ones cake and eating it.
I will cut and paste your quote each time someone calls for the mass deportation or banning of immigration. I'll be busy.
I'm sure you have a point lurking somewhere within your fevered imagination, I'll try to suppress a yawn until the first pasting.

I'll try not to interfere with your grandpa nap then...

The rabbi might meet his match is he stepped up in pattaya beach after dark.

We should be so lucky. May he burn in hell but wait, religious Jews don't believe in hell but apparently more like an eternal washing machine ... how hot can that water get.

Never mind!

This post don't seem to be to 'on-topic' to this unbiased poster...

The rabbi might meet his match is he stepped up in pattaya beach after dark.

We should be so lucky. May he burn in hell but wait, religious Jews don't believe in hell but apparently more like an eternal washing machine ... how hot can that water get.

Never mind!

This post don't seem to be to 'on-topic' to this unbiased poster...
Oy very.

Is it just me, or do I notice to avoid here on this thread to discuss the radical Judaisme and struggling secularisation in Israel. For me a ticking time bomb, knowing that Haredim reject the creation of the state of Israel and its constitutions : law, army,...

A lot of derogatory posts of Islamic, Christian and other ethnic minority groups have been brought falsely into this debate.

Ultra Orthodox Jews reject homosexuality. Despite efforts with US banners and a vote hunting PM to offer a smoke screen. The PM on the other hand committed for his coalition to the ultra orthodox clerics to introduce more and more religious laws. Giving 2 rivalling parties more rights will result in clashes like OP.

I'm not sure it is being avoided. After all, one went on a knife rampage. Never mind gay folks, the vibe can feel hostile just walking in Mea sharim in Jerusalem, towards those who clearly aren't living in 1800s Poland.

Yes,a lot of them reject the State of Israel while benefitting from it left, right and centre. They'd be quite happy as Dhimma to Islamic rulers all over again, hence the reason Palestinian nationalists love some of these guys and wheel them out as trophy Jews in their protests. Jews under Islamic dominion is what Muslims prefer, and is what 'these' Jews feel is the natural order.

What else can we say about them?

What else can we say about Israeli judicial system and/or his community?

Well, it failed completely...

1. His psychological follow up during his incarceration should have told that he wasn't fit to be released or at least released under surveillance...

2. His hate speech on the radio was never taken seriously by a large public.

3. Idem dito for his hate letter.

4. His community, relatives and friends were not preoccupied of his whereabouts during the parade.

5. A large serie of pictures have been taken before and during the stabbing. Why wasn't he stopped by the photographer who took the time to provide a reportage and/or public ? Some victims had more than one stab wounds...

Is it just me, or do I notice to avoid here on this thread to discuss the radical Judaisme and struggling secularisation in Israel. For me a ticking time bomb, knowing that Haredim reject the creation of the state of Israel and its constitutions : law, army,...

A lot of derogatory posts of Islamic, Christian and other ethnic minority groups have been brought falsely into this debate.

Ultra Orthodox Jews reject homosexuality. Despite efforts with US banners and a vote hunting PM to offer a smoke screen. The PM on the other hand committed for his coalition to the ultra orthodox clerics to introduce more and more religious laws. Giving 2 rivalling parties more rights will result in clashes like OP.

I'm not sure it is being avoided. After all, one went on a knife rampage. Never mind gay folks, the vibe can feel hostile just walking in Mea sharim in Jerusalem, towards those who clearly aren't living in 1800s Poland.

Yes,a lot of them reject the State of Israel while benefitting from it left, right and centre. They'd be quite happy as Dhimma to Islamic rulers all over again, hence the reason Palestinian nationalists love some of these guys and wheel them out as trophy Jews in their protests. Jews under Islamic dominion is what Muslims prefer, and is what 'these' Jews feel is the natural order.

What else can we say about them?

What else can we say about Israeli judicial system and/or his community?

Well, it failed completely...

1. His psychological follow up during his incarceration should have told that he wasn't fit to be released or at least released under surveillance...

2. His hate speech on the radio was never taken seriously by a large public.

3. Idem dito for his hate letter.

4. His community, relatives and friends were not preoccupied of his whereabouts during the parade.

5. A large serie of pictures have been taken before and during the stabbing. Why wasn't he stopped by the photographer who took the time to provide a reportage and/or public ? Some victims had more than one stab wounds...

Judicial mess ups and oversights happen in all Countries, though some of our esteemed members only ever spring into action when Israel is involved. I seriously wonder what causes such utter mental derangement? I am not referring to the murder just in case there is any ambiguity here, though I don't suppose there is a cure for either mental affliction,

P.s Probably lost on the haters but some words of humanity.

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/remembering-israel/

Edited by Steely Dan

A New Manimal Farm

These ridiculous-looking, ultra-conservative, homophobic-religious zealots would be a laughing stock if they weren't so latently dangerous.sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

The perp is riddled with unresolved insecurities as are many of his ilk --- sexual, religious, cultural - you name it - what a mess of a so-called human being.

Neither man nor animal - the perpetrator is part of the new emergent breed of absurd devolution - "MANIMALS" aka beasts lacking inherent values or morals - deluding themselves into thinking that they do.

Lump this piece of garbage in with the decapitatorssad.pngsad.pngsad.png

Signed,

Over-the-top pathetic

• 6 months later...

Zion Square to be renamed Tolerance Square in memorial of murder victim Shari Banki. Not GLBT herself, she died showing support to her GLBT friends.

Barkat said the square will be used as a place of tolerance and meeting, a place that will exemplify the values and beliefs of Banki.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/jerusalems-zion-square-to-be-memorial-for-teen-slain-in-gay-pride-attack/

• 1 month later...

Some here have claimed that Israel is a democracy in which homosexuals live safely amongst a moderate society. :-?

Not a word of that description of Israel is accurate.

Indeed I fully expect gay Israeli Arabs to patronize the Gaza Strip pride march next year. P.s A score of people could have been murdered in any other Country in the world at a similar parade and you and our other esteemed members would have written squat all about it.

For obsessive Israel demonizers anything connected to Israel is another chance for them to trash the entire civilization of Israel.

I agree with you, yet, lot of people tend to do the same with muslim and middle east countries and it doesn't seem to bother a lot of people