Proof Of Income, Retirement Visa Renewal

anon467848

UK passport holder. Previously, the British Consulate in CNX has verified my income for the retirement visa renewal. Now that the Consulate has closed down, is it necessary to go the UK Embassy in Bangkok in person, and present all the paperwork, or can this be done by post or some other intermediary?

I would appreciate hearing from UK folks living in Chiang Mai who have first hand experience of this predicament, and what my options are... PM me, if you want to reply off-line...

Thanks in advance..wai.gif

It can be done in BKK by post. Takes around 3-4 days at the most by EMS.

Dear Pensioner,
Consular Letter Confirming Pension/Income for Retirement Visa – Fee No 2 (i)
**There is no need to apply in person – please make your application by post**
The Consular Section is able to issue a standard letter addressed to Thai Immigration confirming your pension/income to support the renewal/extension of your retirement visa. This letter is a Thai requirement and the granting of the visa is at the sole discretion of the Thai Immigration authorities, not the British Embassy.
Requirements
 Photocopy of your current British passport
 Evidence of your current pension/income which will be returned to you
 Your local Thai address to be typed on the letter
Please ensure the pension/income evidence you provide is in a form that is simple and easy to understand and shows clearly the key financial amounts that are required for inclusion in the letter. According to Thai Immigration, your pension currency should not be converted into Thai Baht.
The fee for this letter is currently 2,475 Baht plus 100 Baht for return of your documents and letter by express mail service (EMS).
The fee is payable by Money Order (available from Post Offices) for the exact amount - THB 2,575. Ensure the Money Order is payable to the “British Embassy” to be cashed at “Nana Post Office Bangkok 10112.”
Please note that consular fees can change without notice. The latest consular fees can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/thailand-consular-fees
We will provide your letter within 10 working days.
Please post your application to the following address:
British Embassy, Consular Section, 14 Wireless Road,
Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
We recommend that you send your application by express mail service (EMS) as you can then track the delivery via http://track.thailandpost.com/trackinternet/Default.aspx?lang=en
or telephone number 1545.
To contact us by telephone please call: 02 305 8333
Email: [email protected]
www.gov.uk/world/thailand
Please turn over for requested information. 
Consular Letter Confirming Pension/Income for Thai Immigration
Please complete this form and enclose the required documents
Full Name as shown in Passport………………………………………………………………………...
Passport No…………………..…………………………………………….…………..…………………….
Issued by (Authority)……………………………..Date of Issue………………………………………..
Thai Address………………..………………………………………………………………………………..
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Email…………………………………...…………….Telephone…………………………………………..
Please provide below the key financial amounts that are required for inclusion in the letter.
No
Pension/Income Name
Currency*
Calculation Work Area
Yearly Amount
e.g.
The Pension Service
GBP
100 weekly × 52 weeks
Yearly Total
Monthly Total (Yearly Total ÷ 12 Calendar Months)
*We recommend that you check with Thai Immigration for their latest requirements before lodging your application

You can download the form from the web.

[PDF]Dear Pensioner, Consular Letter Confirming ... - Gov.uk
https://www.gov.uk/government/.../Pension_01.07.15._Master.pdf

Consular Letter Confirming Pension/Income for Retirement Visa – Fee No 2 (i). Please ensure the pension/income evidence you provide is in a form that is simple to readclose_popup.png

Wow! OP certainly pulled aa couple of hot and hard-breathing responses plus, fortunately, some good infoirmation. It seems that the British consulate office withdrawal from Chiang Mai has possibly worked out better than many initially thought. Anyway, nothing to complain about here. Could be the root of another thread!

It can be done in BKK by post. Takes around 3-4 days at the most by EMS.

Dear Pensioner,

Consular Letter Confirming Pension/Income for Retirement Visa – Fee No 2 (i)

**There is no need to apply in person – please make your application by post**

The Consular Section is able to issue a standard letter addressed to Thai Immigration confirming your pension/income to support the renewal/extension of your retirement visa. This letter is a Thai requirement and the granting of the visa is at the sole discretion of the Thai Immigration authorities, not the British Embassy.

Requirements

 Photocopy of your current British passport

 Evidence of your current pension/income which will be returned to you

 Your local Thai address to be typed on the letter

Please ensure the pension/income evidence you provide is in a form that is simple and easy to understand and shows clearly the key financial amounts that are required for inclusion in the letter. According to Thai Immigration, your pension currency should not be converted into Thai Baht.

The fee for this letter is currently 2,475 Baht plus 100 Baht for return of your documents and letter by express mail service (EMS).

The fee is payable by Money Order (available from Post Offices) for the exact amount - THB 2,575. Ensure the Money Order is payable to the “British Embassy” to be cashed at “Nana Post Office Bangkok 10112.”

Please note that consular fees can change without notice. The latest consular fees can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/thailand-consular-fees

We will provide your letter within 10 working days.

Please post your application to the following address:

British Embassy, Consular Section, 14 Wireless Road,

Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330

We recommend that you send your application by express mail service (EMS) as you can then track the delivery via http://track.thailandpost.com/trackinternet/Default.aspx?lang=en

or telephone number 1545.

To contact us by telephone please call: 02 305 8333

Email: [email protected]

www.gov.uk/world/thailand

Please turn over for requested information. 

Consular Letter Confirming Pension/Income for Thai Immigration

Please complete this form and enclose the required documents

Full Name as shown in Passport………………………………………………………………………...

Passport No…………………..…………………………………………….…………..…………………….

Issued by (Authority)……………………………..Date of Issue………………………………………..

Thai Address………………..………………………………………………………………………………..

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Email…………………………………...…………….Telephone…………………………………………..

Please provide below the key financial amounts that are required for inclusion in the letter.

No

Pension/Income Name

Currency*

Calculation Work Area

Yearly Amount

e.g.

The Pension Service

GBP

100 weekly × 52 weeks

Yearly Total

Monthly Total (Yearly Total ÷ 12 Calendar Months)

*We recommend that you check with Thai Immigration for their latest requirements before lodging your application

You can download the form from the web.

[PDF]Dear Pensioner, Consular Letter Confirming ... - Gov.uk
https://www.gov.uk/government/.../Pension_01.07.15._Master.pdf

Consular Letter Confirming Pension/Income for Retirement Visa – Fee No 2 (i). Please ensure the pension/income evidence you provide is in a form that is simple to readclose_popup.png

Please do not rely on "It takes 3 days at the most'. It took me 8 days and I missed a pre-booked visa appointment, went into a 2 day overstay (1,000 Baht) and I had to join the 5am queue to get my visa at 3pm. I am not saying it will take 8 days but I am saying 3 days cannot be relied upon especially if they handle the application on a Friday, date the letter Friday but don't post until Monday (as in my case).Hey but the UK embassy website tells me it is to make it much easier and efficient for me which was so good to know!

Please do not rely on "It takes 3 days at the most'. It took me 8 days and I missed a pre-booked visa appointment, went into a 2 day overstay (1,000 Baht) and I had to join the 5am queue to get my visa at 3pm. I am not saying it will take 8 days but I am saying 3 days cannot be relied upon especially if they handle the application on a Friday, date the letter Friday but don't post until Monday (as in my case).Hey but the UK embassy website tells me it is to make it much easier and efficient for me which was so good to know!

I did mine in June.

I did all the paperwork on the online form on my PC and the only problem I had was at the post office where I had to take my wife to translate for me.

I posted the EMS from here on a Friday afternoon and it was collected on the following Monday morning. The letter arrived from the embassy on the Friday morning taking a total of 7 actual days and 5 working days.

I did not need the letter until July but having the need to plan a month ahead it makes life easy so if there was a problem I still had plenty of time.

If YOU had planned ahead you would not have missed your appointment nor would you have been in overstay. Please don't blame the embassy for your own error and lack of forward planning.

[/ ha ha considering we had a twenty four turn round at chaing mai consulate. The only saving grace we have is there is a six months window for income letters.

Guys, how many months bank statements did you provide? It is not clear in the Consular advisory....

Also, does the employer letter confirming my salary require a wet signature, or will a scanned copy suffice?

Cheers thumbsup.gif

2,475 Thb !so banks are not the only ones who take advantage of us.

regards Worgeordie

should the taxpayer pay for you.?

whemn you want to have a costefficient governement then you should be charged!

Cost efficient is fine by me but profitable!! A couple of years ago I read that the consular division in BKK made nearly £500m profit. Not bad for a not for profit organisation. 2475 bht is nearly £50 and it takes about 2 minutes work (I know because I've been there to have it done). I saw a job advertised at the UK Embassy for Thai staff and it paid about £700 per month.

2,475 Thb !so banks are not the only ones who take advantage of us.

regards Worgeordie

should the taxpayer pay for you.?

whemn you want to have a costefficient governement then you should be charged!

Cost efficient is fine by me but profitable!! A couple of years ago I read that the consular division in BKK made nearly £500m profit. Not bad for a not for profit organisation. 2475 bht is nearly £50 and it takes about 2 minutes work (I know because I've been there to have it done). I saw a job advertised at the UK Embassy for Thai staff and it paid about £700 per month.

For profit you would have to go back several UK governments to the Tony B'liar government who in his infinte wisdom decided that rether than serving UL citizens worldwide under the auspices of the FCO and just paying its bills it had to become a profit making department.

Now I always thought that the Labour party was all for looking after the working class etc but under the blessed St Tony (may he rest in peace and very soon) all that went out of the window in the name of Mamon and profits.