Buying a non expensive printer with copy function

sunoco27

I have a Sony Laptop computer with windows 7 and I am looking to buy an inexpensive printer that will also make copies.

I am looking for a printer that's easy to use and low maintenance.

What is the best buy for the money?

I live in Chiang Mai.

Thank You

Here is a good place to start comparison/price shop...

http://www.lazada.co.th/shop-multi-function-inkjet-printers/

The major thing to consider is the ink refill cost... If you plan on using it a lot look at the units that hav the added tank

I would also recommend that the printer have wifi capability

That being said I own this one and am happy with it:

http://www.lazada.co.th/canon-printer-pixma-mg3570-black-1011240.html

Edited by sfokevin

Ive had the lot ,

all messy ink-tanks till I found a " Brothers MFC J430W " Scan / Copy / Wifi " , it has factory tanks that can be replaced with longer version tanks that doesnt have them ink pipes all over the place , than you must use daily otherwise they dry up.

Never had a problem in 4 years ,just goes and goes everytime .

The cheaper the printer the more it will cost to run with ink. Ink is how these printer manufacturers make there money.

Agree...and do NOT buy HP or EPSON.

Just CANON or BROTHER.....Canon is the cheaper to run, and easier to service because is the most popular..

I too am looking for a printer. Extremely low usage. Laser - I doubt it.

Do they still produce dot matrix?

Why do you doubt laser? Laser is ideal for low-usage situations, as mentioned. I have a 4-year-old laser printer that's still on it's original starter cartridge. Try doing that with inkjet.

Dot matrix? Yes, it exists but they arent cheap to buy and they dont give very good results. They are robust though, but for low-usage that isn't important. We use them for printing bills in my condo.

If it is that low why not just save the doc on a usb flash drive and take it to a copy shop. They can all print off that.

Or, if there isn't one nearby START a Copy Shop, plenty of locals need copy services.

Here is a good place to start comparison/price shop...

http://www.lazada.co.th/shop-multi-function-inkjet-printers/

The major thing to consider is the ink refill cost... If you plan on using it a lot look at the units that hav the added tank

I would also recommend that the printer have wifi capability

That being said I own this one and am happy with it:

http://www.lazada.co.th/canon-printer-pixma-mg3570-black-1011240.html

Can it be used for scanning as well?

Suggest Brother with black only toner cartridge instead of ink.

Copy & Scan features.

You could also call it a laser printer like everyone else does then we know what you are talking about.

I use laser its far better as ink.. unless you want color. I don't need it. (there is color laser but the toner is expensive)

I have a Canon MP287, have had it for years, complete with the extra tanks. I have to have the black cartridge changed, due to the print heads, about every 4 tank refills, the color cartridge about once a year. This is a fantastic machine. I don't know if it has wifi capabilities, but I don't use that feature anyway even with a laptop. When we're away for more than a week, I leave something in the scanner bed and have the neighbor, who also cares for the dogs and cat, run a color copy once a week and we have no problems with the works gumming up.

I recomend any of the Canons with scanner and inktanks.

As you use a laptop it may be worth conisering a wireless one.

I have an HP2515 which will print/copy/scan. I find it's a real miser with ink, even with colour copies.

I have this one too. If you want B&W prints just replace the black ink as required, leave the colour cartridge empty or out, it still works

Have a Canon iP2770, about 7 years now, and drilled small holes in the ink cartridge and top up whenever necessary from a refill bottle, usually print black and white but works with colour as well not great quality with colour but suffices, make sure you use the right sections for the colour refill!! Refill bottles about 129 baht 100 ml last a looonnngggg time

In 9 years here I have gone through 4 printers until I got smart and bought a tank type printer. The issues were the cartrages drying up and the dificulty finding replacements.

A few monyhs ago I bought the Epson L550n on Lazada. I waited for Lazada's 10% discount, which they have today and got a tank printer with copy, and fax though I really have no use for fax. I have it connected to my network and it's been fine + easy to use. In fact when I upgraded to WIN 10, Win found my printer and automatically installed it.

Ive had the lot ,

all messy ink-tanks till I found a " Brothers MFC J430W " Scan / Copy / Wifi " , it has factory tanks that can be replaced with longer version tanks that doesnt have them ink pipes all over the place , than you must use daily otherwise they dry up.

Never had a problem in 4 years ,just goes and goes everytime .

Yes Epsom now do this with the new models

Factory refillable ink tanks very cheap to run

I had mine 2 years no issues and only 100bart to refill each colour tank(4 tanks) with 1000 copies so works out ) around 0.4 bart per copy for colour and 0.1 bart b & w