Chiang Mai Resort

Tigermonkeyleap

Hi there, I'm new to this forum but would really value some advice. I live in Chiang Mai, but am planning on staying in a resort close to the city for three nights in the middle of August. The main aim of my stay is for purely rest and recuperation purposes. Basically, I need somewhere which is situated within 10 kms of the city; a clean and comfortable room with a large bathtub and reliable room service. I would also appreciate having a television with UBC and/or cable as I will be spending most of my time in the room.

The reason I am considering a resort as opposed to a hotel, is so I can take a short walk from time to time in beautiful surroundings.

I do not have a great deal of money and was planning on spending no more than around 1500 baht a night. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Just somewhere where I can chill for a few days. A hotel in the countryside really. I'm going there to detox in peace and quiet so I'll have very little energy to do anything! Hence the requirement for room service, television and a bathtub. No need for a gym as yet. Just lots of vegies, rice and fruit shakes would be good. I guess somewhere with a suana would be too pricey. Maybe I'd be better off in town?

You know - there are a lot of condos that you can rent 5,000 - 12,000 per month - some are serviced units.....For food there is Meals on Wheels which can deliver to you....

It might fall short as a resort but it would be a lot kinder to your budget.....1,500 a night is 46,000 or so a month for only a room.....

If you can travel to Lampang, 1 1/2 hour from Chiang Mai, and because it is low season now with discounted rates, you can get a cabana in your budget and needs at the beautiful Lampang River Lodge Its have offices in Chiang Mai, and probably shuttle transportation.

www.lampangriverlodge.com

Might take a ride through the Mae Rim - Samoeng loop. Quite a few resorts in that area and one I stayed at a couple of times near the beginning of the loop at the Mae Rim side. As mentioned, prices can be steep but being off season may be negotiable or reduced.

Look at Agoda.com. Plenty there as you describe and despite what you have been told above they do not have to be expensive. I would do a search in the Hang Dong area. Start by checking out Baanamping Resort, or, a bit further out, Phu Jaya. For the latter you'll need your own transport but they have a great special on at the moment thru Agoda.

I agree with the earlier poster, somewhere like Chaing Dao will offer you much more for your money. Also, be aware that the term "resort" is widely (ab)used here and doesn't always match our definition of what a resort ought to be.

What might be best to do is go to one of the cites like Agoda and shop round that way - you can shop by area - just click around and I am sure you will find a bargain resort outside the city… some quite heavily discounted for August - good luck...

I just remembered the resort I stayed at and that was Belle Villa Resort. The first time I stayed there was when our office held a 3 day seminar so it was for free. They had a very nice breakfast buffet. The 2nd time I stayed a few days with my wife and some friends. Very large area to walk around or use one of their bicycles. They have rooms, garden suite or a house you can rent if you have a large group. Also swimming pool and spa. Just saw on their site they have a special room rate at 1199++ Baht/night from now until October 31st. Special offer.

Google Map

Google Street View of entrance

post-566-0-86147000-1438408058_thumb.jpg

Has anyone else noticed that almost every resort has a website that was designed by the exact same designer and is always primarily in brown???

Looked at their info and shows this - Powered by e-Travel. So probably a common service for this.

Its low season and there are literally dozens of resorts offering cheap deals.Just check out trip advisor , agoda etc, read the reviews and contact direct. We try to get away for a night once a fortnight at this time of the years .One in Phayayo, Cosy Nest 800 baht a night. Whale Resort in Mae Rim, 600 baht a night,pool,good food Its cheap charlie time, get your fingers to the keyboard you know what you want.

Belle Villa, recommended by Tywais, is a steal at the price.

I highly recommend the Baanpong lodge in San Khampaeng, Beautiful little resort with loft style bungalows. Great pool, reasonable price food and all in a beautiful quiet location. It had the best TV channel line up I had ever seen, I stayed in April for 800 baht a night,.... I cried when I had to leave.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1380884-d3323464-Reviews-Baanpong_Lodge-San_Kamphaeng.html

I highly recommend the Baanpong lodge in San Khampaeng, Beautiful little resort with loft style bungalows. Great pool, reasonable price food and all in a beautiful quiet location. It had the best TV channel line up I had ever seen, I stayed in April for 800 baht a night,.... I cried when I had to leave.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1380884-d3323464-Reviews-Baanpong_Lodge-San_Kamphaeng.html

Wow, unusual to see such excellent reviews without any negatives ones, that must be the place!

If you want peace and quiet and somewhere to walk in nature, check out Mae Jo Golf Club resort. Busy now but the Singha Open Golf tournie finishes on August 9.

I just checked and they are offering half price through Agoda at around 1000 a night without breakfast in Mid August.

I have stayed there and loved it. Great pool to relax in and sit on the side with your kindle while they make up your room. Pretty good menu in the big clubhouse restaurant, and good service in my experience..