Recording EPL Games

Andy32

Hi,

I've been searching the forum to see if I can find an answer to my question. What is the best option for me to record English Premier League matches in Thailand? Other topics have addressed TrueVisions PVR, however as TrueVisions no longer hold the rights to televise EPL games, this would be of no use to me. I'm not really worried about recording or even watching anything else as I can do that from my PC or IPad using SkyGo. All I want to be able to do is record EPL games which are on during the night.

I'm back in the UK at the moment. Would it be worth investing in a DVD recorder and bringing it back with me? Would this be compatible with a CtH(or other cable provider) box? Are there any other universal PVR boxes available in Thailabd which I could connect to any service?

Any advice on this would be great.

Thank you,

Andrew

The GMMZ satellite box has a USB so you can record on a memory stick.

A bit crude but it works.

Thanks for the reply.

How much is it per month for GMMZ and do they show all(majority) of EPL games and champions league?

Are all GMMZ boxes the same, is USB recording straight forward and appear as the same quality as it normally should?

Many thanks

Thanks for this info.

Do you personally subscribe to this service, or does anybody else on here? Is it worth the price? Does streaming run fine with a basic broadband connection or is there a lot of lagging?

Thank you

The GMMZ satellite box has a USB so you can record on a memory stick.

A bit crude but it works.

Thanks for the reply.

How much is it per month for GMMZ and do they show all(majority) of EPL games and champions league?

Are all GMMZ boxes the same, is USB recording straight forward and appear as the same quality as it normally should?

Many thanks

Every BPL game is shown live.

Not sure about CL. It could well be on the Football Euro Channel 149 Baht a month

Yes the recording quality is the same as live.

The cheapest BPL HD package is 699 Baht a month.

http://www.gmmz.tv/package.php

With 365sport you can both record and watch via catchup, any program that has aired over the past ten days.

Previous post was in response to this post.

Thanks

Do you personally subscribe to this service, or does anybody else on here? Is it worth the price? Does streaming run fine with a basic broadband connection or is there a lot of lagging?

I used it for the whole of last season and only had problems twice, when thunderstorms over Malaysia prevented 365sport from uploading the stream. I could still use the catchup facility to watch the whole game once the weather problems ceased.

I have a basic 10mb (590 baht pm) internet package from TOT and never had any problems. The quality is good and consistent with no lagging. At 600 baht per month for twenty two sports channels, including all the live EPL, plus the catchup and record facilities, it's probably competitively priced.

But personally, because I don't need the catchup and record facilities I have decided to switch to ilikeHD. It gives a total of 110 live sports channels, including all EPL matches, for 250 baht per month. Have been testing it recently and the quality seems to be comparable to 365sport.

Both 365sport and ilikeHD also have web links and/or apps to watch on Android and Apple devices, but you can only access it on one device at a time.

I've also been using 365sport's sister channel, Expat TV, for a few years now and have been equally satisfied with the quality and reliability.

With 365sport you can both record and watch via catchup, any program that has aired over the past ten days.

Previous post was in response to this post.

Thanks

I used it for the whole of last season and only had problems twice, when thunderstorms over Malaysia prevented 365sport from uploading the stream. I could still use the catchup facility to watch the whole game once the weather problems ceased.

I have a basic 10mb (590 baht pm) internet package from TOT and never had any problems. The quality is good and consistent with no lagging. At 600 baht per month for twenty two sports channels, including all the live EPL, plus the catchup and record facilities, it's probably competitively priced.

But personally, because I don't need the catchup and record facilities I have decided to switch to ilikeHD. It gives a total of 110 live sports channels, including all EPL matches, for 250 baht per month. Have been testing it recently and the quality seems to be comparable to 365sport.

Both 365sport and ilikeHD also have web links and/or apps to watch on Android and Apple devices, but you can only access it on one device at a time.

I've also been using 365sport's sister channel, Expat TV, for a few years now and have been equally satisfied with the quality and reliability.

Thanks for all this info. I've been having a look at the options you've mentioned and ILikeHD seems great with the amount of channels they offer. There website offers little information without signing up, but do you know if there is any plans to offer a record/catch up feature for this service? The homepage does show a 'record' button, but as mentioned, without signing up its hard to find more info. Perhaps this is just a generic image they put on the homepage.

Thanks for all this info. I've been having a look at the options you've mentioned and ILikeHD seems great with the amount of channels they offer. There website offers little information without signing up, but do you know if there is any plans to offer a record/catch up feature for this service? The homepage does show a 'record' button, but as mentioned, without signing up its hard to find more info. Perhaps this is just a generic image they put on the homepage.

It doesn't cost anything to sign up and you can check the service features using the free Thai language channels. I haven't noticed a record button? There also is no record/catch up feature. You can use what they offer now if you like it - it's pay as you go with option to pay nothing at all. Maybe they'll have catch up later? I rarely use this service myself, except the occasional 2 hour for 30THB service when really necessary.