Restaurant at the back of Chang Klan Plaza?

ctrunfree

A few years ago I had a decent meal in a nice Thai garden restaurant that was at the back of Chang Klan Plaza, just south of the Shangri-La hotel. I can't remember what it was called, and can't see it on Googlemaps.

Can anyone recall what it was called and tell me whether its still there?

Hmm. There is a Plaza below Shangri-La on the same side of the road, 7-11 at the front, and KFC.

In the road behind there is a large nice Thai restaurant on the river (with live music), called Rommai Rimping. Not sure if it matches your description but worth a shout anyway. Its almost opposite the soi with the mosque, that turns off left from Chang Klan just after the right to Chiang Mai Land

I think the name was Bann Rom Mai & yes it was quite good wink.png

Don't know if it is there or not as we have not been in over a year

Edit yes wife said closed & re-opened as Ban Rom Mai Bali

Here is FB page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Banrommai-Bali-Restaurant/281803798543718?fref=ts

Also a Thai review with pics of menu etc

http://www.hungryfatguy.com/2014/08/%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%89/

Edited by mania

Gee it sucks getting old…I did a Google search for Ban Rom Mai and came up with some positive comments I'd made about it on a Tripadvisor thread five years ago!

New pictures don't look much like how I remembered it, it must have been a big refurb.

Thanks for all the help everyone!