Mia Farrow faces Twitter backlash for lion dentist's address

Lite Beer

Mia Farrow faces Twitter backlash for lion dentist's address
The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) — Mia Farrow took some Twitter heat Wednesday for joining other angry social media posters and blasting out the business address of the dentist who killed the beloved lion Cecil in Zimbabwe.

Some apparently thought the actress had listed Walter Palmer's home address in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, calling for her verified Twitter account to be suspended under the site's terms of service.

A Twitter spokesman said the company does not comment on individual accounts for privacy and security reasons. He directed The Associated Press to official Twitter rules and policies that allow wiggle room on disciplinary action when information was previously posted or displayed elsewhere on the Internet prior to being put on Twitter.

The Farrow account deleted the original missive amid the outrage questioning whether the intent was to ensure Palmer is physically tracked down by haters. But the deletion did little to calm Twitter nerves.

One tweeter clucked back at Farrow, "Maybe Donald Trump should give out your phone number," referring to Trump doing just that for a GOP rival, Sen. Lindsey Graham.

Another tweeted: "I hate what he did, but giving out his address isn't the way to go."

Farrow's manager did not immediately return an email Wednesday seeking comment.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-07-31

The dentist was a victim of a scam by the Zimbabwe government. They wanted some mope to shoot that lion so they could drum up some money that they'd eventually steal most of. The dentist paid his fee, paid for a guide, was taken advantaged of by a corrupt government. Now that self righteous know nothing hops on board the condemnation train. She should go back to make believe world of movies where she can cope.

Millions of (human) victims of war, genocide, starvation across the world... atrocities reported almost daily. And millionaire celebrity a*sholes bandwagon linchmob a guy over one stupid lion. Where have gone our priorities as human beings?

Edited by jerojero

Millions of (human) victims of war, genocide, starvation across the world... atrocities reported almost daily. And millionaire celebrity a*sholes bandwagon linchmob a guy over one stupid lion. Where have gone our priorities as human beings?

I think you just answered your own question. Millions of human victims vs. one stupid lion. Who is an endangered species, close to extinction in about 20 odd years, again? blink.png

Not so much a "stupid lion" as stupid humans for giving a wild animal a name like Cecil, which reduces him to something like an accountant from your local bank branch. Now, Cecil the accountant may well be a <deleted>, but that's no reason to kill him in cold blood with a bow and arrow.

I think you just answered your own question. Millions of human victims vs. one stupid lion. Who is an endangered species, close to extinction in about 20 odd years, again? blink.png

My point wasn't debating species endangerment, but about many people's priorities that exclude helping the poor and helpless. Millionaire celebrities chime in media on social issues (pet African lion?), but couldn't give a s*it about fellow humans..."let them starve in Africa"... Edited by jerojero

My point wasn't debating species endangerment, but about many people's priorities that exclude helping the poor and helpless. Millionaire celebrities chime in media on social issues (pet African lion?), but couldn't give a s*it about fellow humans..."let them starve in Africa"...

Perhaps the prick of a dentist who spent a large some of money for the pleasure of causing an animal pain and then shooting it should have considered spending the money to help some of the suffering millions of fellow humans?

His priority seems to be to satisfy his lust to lure, trap, torture and then kill an animal. Who knows if he'd hunt humans given the chance?

He broke the law and should stand trial. But, for all its huffing and puffing telling other countries how to behave the US won't extradite one of their citizens.

The only good lion is a dead lion !! Nuke the lions and spare this poor dentist from the horrors that the internet now now takes complete advantage of :)

The dentist was a victim of a scam by the Zimbabwe government. They wanted some mope to shoot that lion so they could drum up some money that they'd eventually steal most of. The dentist paid his fee, paid for a guide, was taken advantaged of by a corrupt government. Now that self righteous know nothing hops on board the condemnation train. She should go back to make believe world of movies where she can cope.

Is there lion season over there? He still paid to kill a lion, charged for poaching? Mia's a tool, he may have family there that some sicko may consider hurting. No one ever thinks of consequences, both parties.

The ex-wife wouldn't give a dime to a starving beggar but would send checks to the Doris Day Animal League.

But if I were to meet Mia Farrow I wouldn't mention this, I would be curious to know the paternity revealed by her son Satchell/Ronan's DNA test.

Two lonely people, we were strangers in the night.....

Edited by bendejo

While I think it is silly to trophy hunt, lions are not an endangered species.

Actually, they are vulnerable, which is a step above being endangered. There are now only 15,000-20,000 lions left in Africa and of them, 3500 or so are breeding age males. This is an important factor as 1 in 7 or 8 male lions survives to adulthood.

In West and Central Africa the number of lions is less than 1000. Fifty years ago, there were 450K lions in Africa. So while they may not be endangered yet, they will be shortly.

If I remember correctly, there are only 300-400 Asiatic lions remaining.

One thing I will agree with - a huge number of donations are given for dogs, cats, lions, tigers, etc. while children (and adults) around the world are starving. Seems as humans we should be capable of finding a happy medium where we all have food but considering some of the stupid things done for greed, lust, power, etc., I don't ever seeing this happen.

The planet would be better off with the extinction of the human species. It won't happen in my time but we've got a pretty good start on the process going on now.

Unfortunately JFK missed the opportunity to do so during the Cuba crisis.