New XC90?

Dellie

So I've been checking in on the thai Volvo website every few months now since I test drove the new XC90 in Sweden to see when it will be available here and what engines, r-design etc but to date there is still no mention of the new model on the website. I've tried googling for an answer but get nothing. Does anyone here know when it's coming to Thailand?

It's allready out in Sweden and most of Europe.

Its around 4.5- 5M baht in Malaysia, first allocation sold out straight away

Well if it stays at that price for the Thai market I would be very happy. That's about the same price as in Sweden for a well equipped one. I thought it would be alot more expensive here. Or is that price for the base model?

If so it sounds more like the expensive Thai prices Im used to on European cars.

The Volvo garage is just next door to Lumpini Park View we went and had a look at the XC90 not a big selection of cars to choose from I think it was around the 4m Baht mark if I remember correctly for the XC90.

The Volvo garage is just next door to Lumpini Park View we went and had a look at the XC90 not a big selection of cars to choose from I think it was around the 4m Baht mark if I remember correctly for the XC90.

Brand new model??

4M Baht is the old model... The new model is going to be at least 50% more expensive (probably more), whenever it finally arrives... In other markets, the base spec model in the new range is more expensive than the top-spec model was in the old range.

For those not familiar with the car, this is the new model:

volvo-xc90-plugin.jpg

And this is the old model:

20100121080714963.jpg

Be sure to get the English manual (assuming it's your lingo of choice), we bought the xc60 a few months back, at the motor show,, called after we placed the order for then to ensure we get the English manual, with the car, only 2 weeks delivery on the car, but nearly 2 months later before the manual arrived, it arrived only 3 days after my wife posted on volvo thailand's Facebook page requesting it,, delighted with our Volvo, I'm sure you will be too if you go for it

Edited by jonnyscot

Be sure to get the English manual (assuming it's your lingo of choice), we bought the xc60 a few months back, at the motor show,, called after we placed the order for then to ensure we get the English manual, with the car, only 2 weeks delivery on the car, but nearly 2 months later before the manual arrived, it arrived only 3 days after my wife posted on volvo thailand's Facebook page requesting it,, delighted with our Volvo, I'm sure you will be too if you go for it

Can just get the Swedish manual from my friends in Sweden so that's not much of a worry. I am still undecided though since it looks like only the D5 engine will be available in Thailand (from the little info I can find). A bit to weak for my taste. Considering the Porsche instead if that is the case.

• 4 weeks later...

So the new XC90 just got the highest euro NCAP test scores recorded for all cars this year (Volvo v40 scored higher in 2012 but the tests are much harder now so this years test scores are considered to be worth more). I hope this car makes it to Thailand soon.

• 1 year later...

I went to test-drive the XC90 the other day at the Volvo Pattankarn dealership and I must admit it's one of the best cars I've driven. They offered me up to 200,000 discount on the T8 entry version (400 hp) which you can see is starting at 4,490,000 on doorot here

In this price range you'll not find a much better car considering size, engine and equipment.

Edited by reezide

was sitting in it at Bangkok Motor Sale last weekend - fantastic design and interior quality e.g. leather, but don't know if i was in the market for that kind of car may opt for BMW/Benz instead as the Volvo is Chinese owned and no track record yet with local service and after sales......

• 2 weeks later...
I went to test-drive the XC90 the other day at the Volvo Pattankarn dealership and I must admit it's one of the best cars I've driven. They offered me up to 200,000 discount on the T8 entry version (400 hp) which you can see is starting at 4,490,000 on doorot here

In this price range you'll not find a much better car considering size, engine and equipment.

What did you have to do for the discount? :D Now the inscription is made in Malaysia also so it's 4.89M down from 5.99

Sent from my SM-G955F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

was sitting in it at Bangkok Motor Sale last weekend - fantastic design and interior quality e.g. leather, but don't know if i was in the market for that kind of car may opt for BMW/Benz instead as the Volvo is Chinese owned and no track record yet with local service and after sales......

As far as I know it is all still handled by same old Swedish volvo. Engine is built in Sweden and service etc controlled from Sweden.
(Know many people working at Volvo)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

31 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I think Geely owns Volvo (cars) and they are Chinese. I think Ford owned them before that

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

You are correct. I ment that everything is planned, designed, and when it comes to the engine still manufactured in Sweden. The cash infusion from Geely has only made Volvo better than it ever was with Ford.

You are correct. I ment that everything is planned, designed, and when it comes to the engine still manufactured in Sweden. The cash infusion from Geely has only made Volvo better than it ever was with Ford.

They have an engine plant in China.

I'm not knocking them, I'm just saying.

29 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Looks like you're right, they moved the Thailand operation to Malaysia...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yes that's why the price went down on the inscription. But engine comes from Sweden which is why it's still about 1M THB more than SE price.

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

They have an engine plant in China.

I'm not knocking them, I'm just saying.

Yeah just saw that now. But it looks like only the lower engines models are made there. Since only the volvos with lower spec engines are available in china.

But they also make VEA for Geelys own brand.

But who knows in the future. And who knows if its actually bad if it all gets moved to china.

Yeah just saw that now. But it looks like only the lower engines models are made there. Since only the volvos with lower spec engines are available in china.
But they also make VEA for Geelys own brand.

But who knows in the future. And who knows if its actually bad if it all gets moved to china.

China is getting too expensive..India might be the new China...