Thai baht may drop further this week

webfact

Thai baht may drop further this week

tb.jpg
File photo. Source: Internet

BANGKOK, 3 August 2015 (NNT)-Thai stocks are likely to fluctuate this week due to domestic and external factors. Meanwhile the Thai baht is expected to weaken further after it plunged to its lowest level in six years last week.

Kasikorn Bank has forecast resistance and support levels for the Thai stock market this week at approximately 1,460 and 1,420 points.

However, the fluctuations are subject to several factors which include monetary policy, the US economic figures, the purchasing managers index (PMI) and the Eurozone financial disruption in Greece.

The Thai baht will likely fluctuate at a maximum of 35 baht against the US dollar. The Thai currency is also susceptible to commodity demands, employment rates and trade figures.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-03 footer_n.gif

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't effect the Europeans or the British expats as currencies there are still weak. Those using USD will only benefit.

How do you work that out ? We are talking about the baht weakening ? It's doing that against sterling as well.

Won't effect the Europeans or the British expats as currencies there are still weak. Those using USD will only benefit.

Not sure where you got that from. GBP has gained around 15% against THB since around April. That sounds strong not weak to me.

Grateful the U.S. elected a President capable of getting the U.S. economy back on track after it was damaged so much by the Cheney administration.

I got a pay raise last week, and probably another next week

Thank you Mr. President!.

You have any evidence for this ?

... the US is as broke as it can be [just like Europe] and an economic recovery is nowhere in sight !!!

So true .. enjoy the strong US dollar while it lasts for a few more weeks.

I didn't realise the £ was weak. Maybe not the strength it was but it's getting stronger and stronger against the baht.

In 2013 it dropped down to almost 42 to the £, during the protests and then coup it went to 55, checking right now it's at 54.8. Baht has consistently been getting weaker against the £ for the past few months after being stable around 50.

I didn't realise the £ was weak. Maybe not the strength it was but it's getting stronger and stronger against the baht.

In 2013 it dropped down to almost 42 to the £, during the protests and then coup it went to 55, checking right now it's at 54.8. Baht has consistently been getting weaker against the £ for the past few months after being stable around 50.

I cried at 42.

Grateful the U.S. elected a President capable of getting the U.S. economy back on track after it was damaged so much by the Cheney administration.

US Gvt is printing !

They have 3 times more gvt loans than Europe !!

And no sight that they will ever pay back;

They already focusing on new spending in expanding arabic war to Turkey !!

, Sinai and Agypt maybee too !!

A child might marvel at the balloon as it expands and goes higher and higher but only adults realize the balloon will soon pop. Its a basic law.

... the US is as broke as it can be [just like Europe] and an economic recovery is nowhere in sight !!!

Yes, I do!

The evidence is the money that was deposited into my account today!

The dollar amount is the same as last month.

The Baht amount is significantly higher.

This post leads me to believe it will be higher yet next month.

That is all the evidence I need...Thank you!

US Gvt is printing !

A child might marvel at the balloon as it expands and goes higher and higher but only adults realize the balloon will soon pop. Its a basic law.

So the Baht exchange rate is now yet another American election victim. Over a year to go. Not American. Why do I have to put up with this?

US Gvt is printing !

So the Baht exchange rate is now yet another American election victim. Over a year to go. Not American. Why do I have to put up with this?

Not sure what you mean. One poster noted the simple mechanics of a man with levers making change and this is reflected in the strength of the dollar.

Another noted that whatever impressions one has the facts are counter to what is noted currently; there are real, systemic threats to long term value.

I think the dollar is a balloon right now. There is no intrinsic value.

How do you work that out ? We are talking about the baht weakening ? It's doing that against sterling as well.

Don't confuse the guy with facts.

by far this is the weakest prez ever .....you have no idea of what this twit is doing , the dollar is strong despite all his leftist commie leanings . the usa is in debt 18 trillion . the baht should be around 45-48 per us dollar but our prez spends money that is not there , we have to print or borrow . you should read a little more about the economy before you start the praises .

Sarcasm doesn't work in currency markets I'm afraid

Yes, I do!

The evidence is the money that was deposited into my account today!

The dollar amount is the same as last month.

The Baht amount is significantly higher.

This post leads me to believe it will be higher yet next month.

That is all the evidence I need...Thank you!

You sound like the turkey happy with his big meals in the month before thanksgiving.

Make hay while the sun shines . The USD and GBP are strong in this 'flight to quality', defensive positioning. It may well last a while but as others have noted, these things are cyclical . Just get ready to see the price of imported goods hit the sky: cheese, meats, consumer electronics,....regardless of any legitimacy on exchange rate basis.

Dairy consumers pay a ridiculous price for imported goods, notwithstanding FTAs with Australia and NZ.....most of the European cheese in supermarkets is bottom of the barrel crap

Make hay while the sun shines . The USD and GBP are strong in this 'flight to quality', defensive positioning. It may well last a while but as others have noted, these things are cyclical . Just get ready to see the price of imported goods hit the sky: cheese, meats, consumer electronics,....regardless of any legitimacy on exchange rate basis.

Dairy consumers pay a ridiculous price for imported goods, notwithstanding FTAs with Australia and NZ.....most of the European cheese in supermarkets is bottom of the barrel crap

My 2 kilo slab of Anchor cheddar is bottom of the market? Well.

" back on track"! Oh my lord, what US economy are you talking about? Surely you don't believe all the fake numbers the administration puts out like unemployment 5.5 %. It's almost like Obummer has done everything in his power to destroy the US economy, the American culture and the country as a sovereign state. The rebounds that have occurred since 2008, like housing in some areas, had nothing to do with Obama policies. But maybe I shouldn't be so hard on him because he is just the latest face man for the global banker/corporate power structure, admittedly a smooth talking one that sucked a lot of people in at the beginning. But even some hard gore Obama zombies are waking up now and his approval rating is down almost as low as Bush before he left office. I do agree with you about Cheney in the sense that he should be on trial for high treason and crimes against humanity for his part in 911 and the subsequent wars he made a fortune off and loss of freedoms around the world since then.