Thai baht may drop further this week

webfact

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't effect the Europeans or the British expats as currencies there are still weak. Those using USD will only benefit.

I didn't realise the £ was weak. Maybe not the strength it was but it's getting stronger and stronger against the baht.

In 2013 it dropped down to almost 42 to the £, during the protests and then coup it went to 55, checking right now it's at 54.8. Baht has consistently been getting weaker against the £ for the past few months after being stable around 50.

I cried at 42.
I still remember back when it was around the 90 mark ( after the tiger economy crash ? ) , lived like a king !!

Grateful the U.S. elected a President capable of getting the U.S. economy back on track after it was damaged so much by the Cheney administration.

I got a pay raise last week, and probably another next week

Thank you Mr. President!.

US Gvt is printing !

They have 3 times more gvt loans than Europe !!

And no sight that they will ever pay back;

They already focusing on new spending in expanding arabic war to Turkey !!

, Sinai and Agypt maybee too !!

A child might marvel at the balloon as it expands and goes higher and higher but only adults realize the balloon will soon pop. Its a basic law.

So the Baht exchange rate is now yet another American election victim. Over a year to go. Not American. Why do I have to put up with this?

I think because America is THE World to them.I think it`s quite Laughable though when they claim that their Currency is the strongest.I seem to remember Saddam Hussein changing from the Petro Dollar(Weakening the Dollar) and then He was invaded and Hanged.With a Foreign Policy like that why wouldn`t You have a strong currency ?

So the Baht exchange rate is now yet another American election victim. Over a year to go. Not American. Why do I have to put up with this?

I think because America is THE World to them.I think it`s quite Laughable though when they claim that their Currency is the strongest.I seem to remember Saddam Hussein changing from the Petro Dollar(Weakening the Dollar) and then He was invaded and Hanged.With a Foreign Policy like that why wouldn`t You have a strong currency ?

America does not set the value of the USD or the Thai baht. Look at what happened to the people who tried to set the value of LIBOR.

America does not set the value of the USD or the Thai baht. Look at what happened to the people who tried to set the value of LIBOR.

I get that but unfortunately American policy has a big affect. Perhaps it should but I would prefer it didn't. Dream world?

Grateful the U.S. elected a President capable of getting the U.S. economy back on track after it was damaged so much by the Cheney administration.

I find it quite amusing that you actually believe there was ever a "Cheney Administration".

There was for 6 years but then separate bedrooms for the last two years.

I get that but unfortunately American policy has a big affect. Perhaps it should but I would prefer it didn't. Dream world?

What American policy is affecting the value of the Thai baht? Topic, "Thai baht may drop further this week."

All this talk about the relative merits or otherwise of the US dollar, pound, euro, Mongolian groat, or whatever, should not distract away from the simple contention that the baht has been overvalued for a long time, and looks set for a steep fall due to a number of absolute facts.

Who says? You? So? I've not seen any reports that the Thai baht is overvalued by much. Perhaps you could link some.

i'll do it for him.

") Sell Thailand – “Unlike 2014, the Thai Baht (THB) will weaken the most in 2015 since THB is over-valued, current account positions will deteriorate and political risk will re-emerge.” "

http://www.iss-mag.com/forward-thinkers/making-money-out-of-asia

And more if you care to look. Though why on earth you need reports to tell you the obvious in the current political/economic climate beats me.

All this talk about the relative merits or otherwise of the US dollar, pound, euro, Mongolian groat, or whatever, should not distract away from the simple contention that the baht has been overvalued for a long time, and looks set for a steep fall due to a number of absolute facts.

Who says? You? So? I've not seen any reports that the Thai baht is overvalued by much. Perhaps you could link some.

i'll do it for him.

") Sell Thailand – “Unlike 2014, the Thai Baht (THB) will weaken the most in 2015 since THB is over-valued, current account positions will deteriorate and political risk will re-emerge.” "

http://www.iss-mag.com/forward-thinkers/making-money-out-of-asia

And more if you care to look. Though why on earth you need reports to tell you the obvious in the current political/economic climate beats me.

It separates the investors and well informed from the foolish bashers although the same page you quote also says not worrying about Greece.

Edited by lostoday

Won't effect the Europeans or the British expats as currencies there are still weak. Those using USD will only benefit.

I didn't realise the £ was weak. Maybe not the strength it was but it's getting stronger and stronger against the baht.

In 2013 it dropped down to almost 42 to the £, during the protests and then coup it went to 55, checking right now it's at 54.8. Baht has consistently been getting weaker against the £ for the past few months after being stable around 50.

I cried at 42.

All the currency traders I drink with have been forecasting the baht losing to the £ for a few months ( actions of the Thai banks) they seem to think it could continue until September - happy days

What a stupid remark....the GBPound has gained 2 baht in the last 3 weeks, and its actually gained a bit against the US dollar over the same period

The weaker THB is partly due

1. Weak economy

2. Weak exports due to weak global demand

3. Lower interest rates

4. Slower Chinese growth

5. And other negative factors such as being Yellow carded by EU and Tier 3 rating by USA on human trafficking

6. Politics

FYI

Export-contraction estimate doubled www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Export-contraction-estimate-doubled-30265834.html? SCB TO SHUT DOWN ATMS NATIONWIDE FOR UPGRADE http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/SCB-TO-SHUT-DOWN-ATMS-NATIONWIDE-FOR-UPGRADE-30265836.html? Auto: Southeast Asian outlook gloomy http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Trends/Southeast-Asian-outlook-gloomy? Foreigners Flee Thai Stocks as Patience Wanes Over Pledges http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-02/foreigners-flee-thai-stocks-as-patience-thins-over-junta-pledges?

The current administration is making announcements that the change in the value of the ฿ is due to actions taken by Thai banking entities, that the decline is a controlled event [managed by brilliant bankers]. BloombertBusiness fof Asia states otherwise. I'll go with the cold capitalistic calculations of the Bloomberg website.

Who says so ? Well the markets for one! Given it is actually declining you might want to make a case why it shouldn't.

What American policy is affecting the value of the Thai baht? Topic, "Thai baht may drop further this week."

It is expected that the USA will put up interest rates next month having been at all time lows for 5 years. Is that a big enough change?

The weaker THB is partly due

1. Weak economy

2. Weak exports due to weak global demand

3. Lower interest rates

4. Slower Chinese growth

5. And other negative factors such as being Yellow carded by EU and Tier 3 rating by USA on human trafficking

6. Politics

FYI Export-contraction estimate doubled www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Export-contraction-estimate-doubled-30265834.html?

SCB TO SHUT DOWN ATMS NATIONWIDE FOR UPGRADE http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/SCB-TO-SHUT-DOWN-ATMS-NATIONWIDE-FOR-UPGRADE-30265836.html? Auto: Southeast Asian outlook gloomy http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Trends/Southeast-Asian-outlook-gloomy?

Foreigners Flee Thai Stocks as Patience Wanes Over Pledges http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-02/foreigners-flee-thai-stocks-as-patience-thins-over-junta-pledges?

The USA will put up rates soon. That outweighs any domestic Thai issues. The USA is a 1000 pound gorilla versus a mouse of Thailand in forex terms.

The whys and wherefores are largely irrelevant of the weak baht when one is capitalising on the gains. I've sent most of our October holiday money to my Bangkok Bank in the last week and half.

If THB/GBP appreciates some more then I'll send more and leave a healthy balance on account. I might just send another biggie anyway. I'm in no rush to spend it, but content with the rate to pay for our 2016 holidays.

Make hay while the sun shines.

If you check out the link it is updated every minute now there is a strong buy for THB

http://www.forexdirectory.net/thb.html

When you make a post like that, in the context of this topic, reminds me why forex should be left to people who have at least a vague idea of what it is about.

Actually know the THB has strengthen

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/USDTHB/?utm_source=www.forexdirectory.net&utm_medium=www.forexdirectory.net/thb.html

If you check out the link it is updated every minute now there is a strong buy for THB

http://www.forexdirectory.net/thb.html

When you make a post like that, in the context of this topic, reminds me why forex should be left to people who have at least a vague idea of what it is about.

Actually know the THB has strengthen

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/USDTHB/?utm_source=www.forexdirectory.net&utm_medium=www.forexdirectory.net/thb.html

Have you actually read the narrative in the bottom right hand corner, it looks like Google translate and is nonsensical, that alone should make you treat the site with at least some suspicion.

by far this is the weakest prez ever .....you have no idea of what this twit is doing , the dollar is strong despite all his leftist commie leanings . the usa is in debt 18 trillion . the baht should be around 45-48 per us dollar but our prez spends money that is not there , we have to print or borrow . you should read a little more about the economy before you start the praises .

Yeah..the USA needs another strong president, like George W. Bush was. A guy who thinks with his gut and doesn't need to read books. (LOL)