British musician, 27, killed in Thailand bike crash

webfact

Swansea musician Ross Mackay, 27, killed in Thailand moped crash

SWANSEA: -- A TALENTED Swansea musician has tragically died in a scooter accident in Thailand, devastating his family and friends.

Ross Mackay, the youngest son of Swansea Girls writer Lyn Mackay, suffered a seizure while riding and crashed into a pick up truck, suffering fatal injuries.

The 27-year-old, who had lived in the Thai city of Pattaya with his father for three years, had planned to return home to Swansea this month.

His mum thought he might have wished to follow in her footsteps in the music business.

"Our hearts are in a million pieces," said Ms Mackay. "And if we put them back together again there's always going to be this piece missing."

His mum was performing on a cruise ship in the Mediterranean when her eldest son Scott contacted her with the news.

"It has devastated us," she said.

Full story: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-musician-Ross-Mackay-killed-Thailand/story-27531239-detail/story.html

-- South Wales Evening Post 2015-08-03

No information on the reason for the accident?

My condolences to this family for their loss.

"suffered a seizure while riding and crashed into a pick up truck, suffering fatal injuries".

It's in the opening few lines of the article.

How do they know he had a seizure before he hit the truck?

There was cctv footage, nothing sinister in this.

Lost a good mate and a great guy.

Wasn't suggesting there was anything sinister, just not sure how they could know he had a seizure before he hit the truck if he was riding a bike.

Wasn't suggesting there was anything sinister, just not sure how they could know he had a seizure before he hit the truck if he was riding a bike.

He was susceptible to seizures and from what I have been told by another mate who saw the footage he clearly had one, came off the bike and hit a parked truck.

He was susceptible to seizures and from what I have been told by another mate who saw the footage he clearly had one, came off the bike and hit a parked truck.

I don't mean to be discompassionate, but if he was susceptible to seizures it seems operating a vehicle would be a bit risky. As I understand it in the UK you wouldn't get a licence with a history of Epilepsy or seizures.

RIP however, a sad end to a young life.

Ok thanks.

Sorry for your loss of a friend.

If that is true, then he shouldn't have been riding a motorbike. He could have killed an innocent person.

RIP to Ross Mackay and sincere condolences to his family and friends, coming from the UK if you take a seizure the Dr treating you would automatically revoke your driving licence for a set period usually between 6 months and a year depending the reason for seizures and only after a certain period of no seizures would you be able to apply for your licence back with a letter from your Dr saying you are now fit to drive.

I don't mean to be discompassionate, but if he was susceptible to seizures it seems operating a vehicle would be a bit risky. As I understand it in the UK you wouldn't get a licence with a history of Epilepsy or seizures.

RIP however, a sad end to a young life.

You understand incorrectly. My sister has a driving licence and epilepsy (and has had both for over 25 years) and my son has had a single episode and would have a full licence if he could be bothered to take the test!

Generally you are suspended from driving until one year after the first event and 6 months after subsequent events if previously prescribed medicine is resumed.

RIP to Ross Mackay and sincere condolences to his family and friends, coming from the UK if you take a seizure the Dr treating you would automatically revoke your driving licence for a set period usually between 6 months and a year depending the reason for seizures and only after a certain period of no seizures would you be able to apply for your licence back with a letter from your Dr saying you are now fit to drive.

To my knowledge the last time he had a seizure was over a year ago.

Whatever has caused his tragic death, it won't bring him back to his family and friends.

He didn't kill, or injure other people, in my opinion it's not worth to discuss if he should have left his bike home, or not.

We all know how life in Thailand is and nobody would think that something similar could happen to them. but it does.

Hope there's something after life, what others call heaven. I hope that his family and friends will get over it soon.

It's not really the death that scares me.It's the never seeing this person again, that makes it to what it is.

We all have to go one day. Some earlier, some later. Death is part of life, even when it's taken by an accident. RIP....wai2.gif

To all those members who picked up on my missing the reason for the accident my sincere thanks and apologies. I shall be more attentive in future.wink.png

ratcatcher, I've seen worse on Thai Visa. Much worse.

Indeed tonbrigebrit... am surprised nobody has blamed the truck driver.

To all those members who picked up on my missing the reason for the accident my sincere thanks and apologies. I shall be more attentive in future.wink.png

ratcatcher, I've seen worse on Thai Visa. Much worse.

Indeed tonbrigebrit... am surprised nobody has blamed the truck driver.

Yes that surprised me as well! Also surprised that one of the usual suspects hasn't blamed Thaksin or the redshirts yet!