Study In Tailand

soom2545

Please, i try to get information for know about the requirements needed to attend to the university, but i never get answer from e-mail, and the phone is always cut off. Help please

Why don't you try to tell us exactly what you are trying to do. Oh ... it actually is THAILAND

Try looking on their web site first.

http://www.chula.ac.th/

It's probably best to check the unit out in person when you are in BKK as well. Maybe it would be easier to get an appointment when you are actually in the country.

Apart from that there's not much I can suggest. I can imagine it must be quite difficult to get in contact with the people in charge. You may just have to keep phoning. When I applied to the uni years and years ago, I just went through the Entrance exam system which you had to get the application for at certain time of the year and sat the exams accordingly. I understand that this has changed considerably recently so I can't really offer more advise (sorry).

There are many things you should consider before applying for a study abroad program.

First, do you want the credits to transfer into your home school? I assume you need the classes taught in English. Only a few schools teach multiple subjects in English. Who will be paying for your education? Where are you from?

Look at this article I put together for a complete check list.

study abroad check list

If BKK is your decision you can choose to either go through a program provider that will help you take care of your logistics, visa, transfer credits, housing... or you can be adventurous and just enroll directly and do the rest of the research yourself. That is the cheapest option but the most difficult and hardest to get financial aid for.

I suggest visiting the office of international education on the campus. They are very helpful. You may want to visit the first day of your vacation and set up an appointment for the official visit, or continue to call.

Chulalongkorn U is a top college. And in order to get in you must take something similar to American SAT. It's standardized test. A lot of subjects on that standardized SAT are highly related to Thailand. You must speak Thai to attend the class So I am not to sure they let foriegn citizens take or not. Again the tuition at Chulalongkorn is certainly heavily subsidized by Tax payers. So they have the reason to reserve for Thai citizen or at least permanent residents.

If you really want to study in Bangkok, I suggest you look at other universities that have international program (taught in English). There tons of private universities that offer expensive engineering programs. Say good one is Assumption univerity. The internaitonal programs are not subsidized by government so they're much more expensive.

Good public school that has intertional program for engineer is Thammasat University, www.tu.ac.th.

Rather contactign minster of education whose staff don't speak English. Why don't you check out the website of department of export promotion they promote Thai education for foriegners

http://exporter.thaitrade.com/servicetrade...du_frameset.htm

Good luck.

Chulalongkorn U is a top college. And in order to get in you must take something similar to American SAT. It's standardized test.

Chulalongkorn does offer a graduate South East Asian Studies program entirely in English without any need for the standardizations tests that other Thai's are required to take. As an international student you will be limited to a very narrow range of courses offered by the university.

web site. I had a meeting with the internation student office back in Jan of 2003 and they were accepting applicants for undergrad at that time but I see no mention of it on theis site.

THAMMASAT UNIVERSITY also offeres an undergrad and graduate degree in South East Asian Studies with the same entrance requirements.web site. Thammasat has a good buddy system of having a Thai student show you around for the fist few weeks and the office will help you find a place to live too.

I had a hard time getting this info some time back. I cannot guarentee the accurancy so its very advisable you check again with the university themselves.

You have to meet two out of three of the follwoing requirements to be considered for a pre admission interview.

1) High School Transcript with a GPA of 2.75 or higher.

2) Thai Language Entrance Exam with 150 or higher on three subjects in Thai, Social Science and Maths 1.

OR...

A score of 1100 on SAT1 or other national equivalent examinations.

3)TOFEL score of 550 or higher

OR...

Chula English proficiency examination.

Hope it helps!!!