Phetchaburi Muslim community protests bacon factory

webfact

I agree its doesnt make sense. Nor does Buddists eating meat as it supposed to be against there religion. Make it up as they go along as with all religions.

Before insulting Buddhism, please get your facts straight: eating meat is not against Buddhism; the Lord Buddha himself ate meat. Even monks are permitted to eat meat, provided that the animal hasn't explicitly been killed for them.

Mahayana Buddhism is strictly vegetarian. I dont think its an insult to point that out.

Again you haven't got for facts straight. Mahayana Buddism is not strictly vegetarian; the vast majority of Mahayana Buddhists eats meat. It's only proscribed for the sangha.

"I undertake the precept to refrain from taking life" the rest is just divided opinion and open to interpretation. Make it up as you go along. Proof if proof where needed that its such that All religion is man made. Mahayana sultras were against the eating of flesh of any kind.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree its doesnt make sense. Nor does Buddists eating meat as it supposed to be against there religion. Make it up as they go along as with all religions.

Before insulting Buddhism, please get your facts straight: eating meat is not against Buddhism; the Lord Buddha himself ate meat. Even monks are permitted to eat meat, provided that the animal hasn't explicitly been killed for them.
Mahayana Buddhism is strictly vegetarian. I dont think its an insult to point that out.

Again you haven't got for facts straight. Mahayana Buddism is not strictly vegetarian; the vast majority of Mahayana Buddhists eats meat. It's only proscribed for the sangha.

And Thailand is about 90% Theravada Buddhist anyway (some sources say as high as 95%).

Edited by hawker9000

Over 300 posts here whilst thousands are being murdered every month elsewhere. Surely this must be a rind up?

Not want to BOAR you or HOG the post or tell porky pies, SOW life must go on. Have to go for a shave and RAZOR BACK the whiskers. As for the SQUEALERS who do not like the Bacon and it disrupts their life, move.

Another foreigner telling Thai citizens how to live their lives.

I think you should take your own advice...

• 3 weeks later...

They have a valid point.

No, they don't. This is everything that is wrong with the Muslim faith. Everything is an indignation to their religion and they want special treatment, special laws, even though they don't live in a Muslim country. They are entitled to equal protection, and so is the developer of the bacon factory. If they can prove actual damage from air, water, noise or any other kind of pollution, they can take this matter up through the political (not much protection from zoning laws) or legal process. Claims that this is some kind of indignation of their religion, a violation of their livelihood or infringe on their practice of Islam are specious and not actionable.

I agree. If there was any validity in the protested objection then all and any bacon/ pork processing plant/ factory in existence could be considered under the same! There should never be any right given to a religuous edict on grounds other than the right t believe, never to impose or inflict!

They have a valid point.

No, they don't. This is everything that is wrong with the Muslim faith. Everything is an indignation to their religion and they want special treatment, special laws, even though they don't live in a Muslim country. They are entitled to equal protection, and so is the developer of the bacon factory. If they can prove actual damage from air, water, noise or any other kind of pollution, they can take this matter up through the political (not much protection from zoning laws) or legal process. Claims that this is some kind of indignation of their religion, a violation of their livelihood or infringe on their practice of Islam are specious and not actionable.

I agree. If there was any validity in the protested objection then all and any bacon/ pork processing plant/ factory in existence could be considered under the same! There should never be any right given to a religuous edict on grounds other than the right t believe, never to impose or inflict!

They were asked for their opinion about a proposed factory to be built in their community so they gave it. Why should they be denied the right to point out that one of their objections has a faith element to it?

They were asked for their opinion about a proposed factory to be built in their community so they gave it. Why should they be denied the right to point out that one of their objections has a faith element to it?

It is the primary objection and therefore deserves no consideration.

Concern over health and safety came across as an after-thought, but has merit and deserves to be addressed.

Muzzzlims….always demanding stuff.

I am not muzzi and I also deman eggs with my "unclean" bacon.... Mmmmm

If Allah really didnt want muslims to not eat pork he would not have invented pork ribs or bacon...

Sent from my c64

Concern over health and safety came across as an after-thought, but has merit and deserves to be addressed.

All their objections deserve consideration as they are the community whose lives will be affected by this factory being built there.

That's what a consultation process is for.

All their objections deserve consideration as they are the community whose lives will be affected by this factory being built there.

That's what a consultation process is for.

I fully understand how it works. You don't need to keep talking about how a feedback process works in order to avoid acknowledging the glaring historical precedent on human polarization and domination.