iLikeHD Servers in Thailand?

nivram4491

I am thinking of getting the iLikeHD UK service? Is the server for this service in Thailand? What speed internet connection do I need?

I have read on various threads that support for iLikeHD is great. I can't find any way of communicating with iLikeHD other than the bank to make a payment. What am I missing?

If you sign up you can view the Thai channels for free to get some idea how well it will work on your connection.

Servers do appear to be in Thailand (possibly Chiang Mai).

I've never had to contact them, so can't say what their customer service is like.

You can get a two hour full package for around 30 baht to try it out, for payment just get a True top up card no need for banks, also found they reply very quickly key by email to any problem you may have.

You can get a two hour full package for around 30 baht to try it out, for payment just get a True top up card no need for banks, also found they reply very quickly key by email to any problem you may have.

I have looked for a link for sending an email or the email address but couldn't find it.

I hated their old Android app which I was locked to doe to an old Android version, but have been really happy with the new one to be honest, on my new android box running KitKat it has been extremely stable.

It has some idiosyncrasies for sure, but I think it's quite usable once you learn them. Would prefer a well organised kodi plugin though.

the android app is utter garbage.

but aside from usability issues, the main problem i had was that channels clearly marked "English" in the guide were thai dubbed.

I am just now watching the Test Match from England on our spare TV using an M8 Android Box and the iLike HD app. Crystal clear picture, in sync. sound and no interruptions or buffering, what more could you ask...thumbsup.gif

Oh yes...no Thai dubbing in sight...

the android app is utter garbage.

but aside from usability issues, the main problem i had was that channels clearly marked "English" in the guide were thai dubbed.

I am just now watching the Test Match from England on our spare TV using an M8 Android Box and the iLike HD app. Crystal clear picture, in sync. sound and no interruptions or buffering, what more could you ask...thumbsup.gif

Oh yes...no Thai dubbing in sight...

Thai dubbing on the Ashes ha ha imagine that.

Australia bai laew song loi ha sip sam.

The football on offer seems very good

I would need to get an Android box anybody have any recommendations of suitable ones

These are good - http://www.lazada.co.th/tronsmart-android-tv-box-tronsmart-vega-s89h-16gb-quad-core-android-44-black-301068.html

If you want 5.1 audio (not offered by iLikeHD, but if you are downloading movies and have a home cinema audio system you might want it), there is a newer version which has a chip that supports hardware surround sound decoding - only available by import at the moment though. I got one from here and it's great - http://www.ebay.com/itm/151451065403

With either option, you'll probably need one of these or similar http://www.lazada.co.th/ipazzport-black-24g-rf-wireless-mini-keyboard-touchpad-for-laptop-pc-xbox-360-817211.html - the stock remotes are rubbish.

• 1 month later...

We have 3 BB 10mb in Chiang Mai will it run on that or do we need more grunt.

I never believe the figs as the words "up to " are usually in small print (previously had TOT) but wish

to dump CTH and EPL football and UK news is a priority.

I am a total computer dinasour so go easy on me !

Easy to test it out Sparkles, there are some free to view channels at http://knd1.ilikehd.com/kaneda/web/free/ (need to register)

If they work, the paid ones will as well.

Thank you . I just dont understnd why these companies do not put more info on their web sites or is it because they might be illegal ?

Yes you can contact them of fb but even then the reply doesnt always cover the ?'s

I have read reports from users that ilikehd doesn't work well with True internet….True blocks the server or some such thing.

I tried it for a month in pattaya but the streaming speed was poor with lots of buffering….maybe my hotel had TRUE internet.

Whatever…still find it pricey….combination of sports and uk tv costs 550b a month….still, guess its cheaper than the highway robbers that are the cable companies.

Archived