Android one Introduced in Thailand. Best value for money.

sjonburi

Google is releasing Marshmallow to Nexus phones next week....

The article talked about how Google sees Nexus products as bought mainly by techies looking for the purest and newest version of Android. No mention of Google's Android One phones, as they aren't marketed in N.America or Europe. Also mentioned how slow manufacturers and providers are at rolling out updates to Android.

Might be a few folks a little upset if a Bt.4444 phone is sporting the latest Android OS in a few weeks, while they wait...and wait..for their expensive devices to get the update..if ever.

This is 2nd generation Android One. Next generation is supposed to be even better, as people are still buying more "powerful" phones in the same price bracket.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time in many many years I have been excited about mobile technology.

This is not because of the hardware but what Google has managed to do with the okay Google functionality. The hardware makes it possible to work.

I have had many giggles after saying OK Google open flashlight and the room is filled with light.

Finally we are interacting with the real world simply by talking to a phone.

I was impressed how well the Google Voice engine could recognize my native language Finnish. We are moving towards the world without keyboards.

But we are not there yet. It took me some time to dictate this post. And it took even more time to fix the mistakes the voice engine made.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ II using Tapatalk

are they come simlock free? (unlocked)

and Im looking for a cheap phone for a mum.

Is this worth its price?

I saw you can buy, some Acer phones for 2500

Basicaly i want to teach mum how to use facebook and skype to keep in touch....

Spend the extra on something like the I-mobile or search for some of the 2013 bargain phones. I have a Lenovo K910L 4,800 baht on special offer. Look on 7/11 online and CiC shops. Fantastic phone for that money!

i found mine at an i-mobile shop in big-c south pattaya road. should not be too hard to find. price should be 4444. I-Mobile IQ II,

works fine, Dtac and True 4G are very spotty here in Bangkok, and even when it does work the download speed might be a tad more then my AIS 3g account, but the upload speed is way less.

last posted specs didn't look correct, it has 5" screen.

http://www.siamphone.com/spec/en/i-mobile/iq_ii.htm

^^

I just got this Android update as well this morning. It was the 2nd system upgrade I've had, although an earlier poster mentioned having two upgrades on his phone a month or so ago.

I did notice some changes on the first one but nothing so far this time. It said it was a security, stability and bug fix. Note the date though. June 29, so a little slow being distributed...

But it wasn't Marshmallow!! sad.png

That's the date for kernel. After it is time for driver and application testing / fixing so that Google don't brick few million phones by accident.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ II using Tapatalk

I got an update today as well and I am in Singapore right now. I wonder when Android 6 is released? After iqII owners get it the Samsung boys will get it maybe 6 month later, he-he

Edited by guzzi850m2

• 2 weeks later...

File manager and ability to use the SD card the same way as internal storage are welcoming changes.

Does your phones update applications constantly? I disabled the Facebook app auto-update as it was updating every two days or so.

What is the meaning of:

• 16 MB storage (expandable) ?

Are there models with storage of 16 GB, 32 GB, etc.? Or, the use of memory card (microSD - Max 32 GB) ?

Without seeing the exact reference you're citing, I'm assuming the meaning is this:

the device has built in disk storage (for its OS, files, photos, music, etc.) of 16 Gigabytes (GB), not MB. These days, 16 GB is a common size for internal device storage, but for more money, you can often also find devices with 32 or 64 GB internal storage.

then, if it says expandable, that usually means the device has an microSD card slot that allows you to expand the usable device storage with the SD card, which also has common sizes of 16, 32, 64, and even 128 GB. Although cards are available in those sizes, some devices have hardware that only allows you to use cards up to a certain size, like 32 GB in some cases. It all depends on the particular device.

The Internal disk space, generally, is going to be more important, because in Android devices, there are a lot of system/Google and other apps that ONLY can be installed and run off the internal device storage. So if you use a lot of apps, 16 GB of internal storage is a good minimum, although some devices scrape by on 8 GB.

The external card storage can be used for SOME apps (those not requiring installation on internal storage) as well as photo, video, music, etc files that you may wish to store on your device.

If a device doesn't come with an SD card capability, then having a larger internal, built-in storage is going to be more important.

I-mobile IQ II has 16GB internal storage and a SD card slot, which support cards up to 32GB.

The next Android version will support ext4 format on SD card, which then will act like internal storage.

Had my IQII about 10 days now since I saw this topic.

Two updates in the first few days - after the updates done in the shop.

This is my very first Android phone (my others always being Nokias). I think it is great. I paid extra for the leatherette case and am glad I got that accessory.

I find it is very fast at connecting to the local wifi spots I have saved. logs onto them automatically.

in general the phone is quick. some friends are surprised how fast the phone is compared to theirs.

Battery life for me averages a little over 2 days. Recharge time is quite fast too. I like the idea of seeing how long until full charge.

With this phone I can also save money by phoning friends for free with LINE - something none of my Nokias would do. That may not sound like much of a saving but adds to the value of the phone.

The screen has adaptive viewing turned on and it works very well for me.

The HUGE font size is great too.

The screen is clear and crisp.

The volume could be a little better, yet the call quality knocks spots off my Nokia(s), because it is much clearer.

More available memory too because I am not overloaded with built in game Apps.

I realise many of the features with the phone are because it runs Android, but there may be many out there stuck - as I was - with what I would class as inferior software with my past Nokias.

I have yet to have full working knowledge of Android but am having great fun learning.

All in all, I am happy with this phone and at less than £100 I think it is great value.

Thanks to those who started and added to this topic that turned me to this phone smile.png

I'm too very happy with my IQ II.

It's my third and the best Android phone so far.

I didn't see leatherette case for IQ 2. How much is it? Where did you bought it?

In the i-mobile shop. About 300 Baht.

Bought mine at their shop in Tesco north Pattaya.

Dropped the phone. It bounced. no damage.

I'm struggle to access the SD card within the phone.

When I connect the phone to my PC via USB cable, I can see and access the content of both: Internal storage and SD card in the windows explorer.

But, when I open AppInstaller and trying to install the .apk file, I cannot access the SD card.

Does anyone else having the same problem?

How do you guys install .apk files on IQ II? And how do you transfer files to the SD card?

Edited by MikeWill

When I connect the phone to my PC via USB cable, I can see and access the content of both: Internal storage and SD card in the windows explorer.

But, when I open AppInstaller and trying to install the .apk file, I cannot access the SD card.

How do you guys install .apk files on IQ II? And how do you transfer files to the SD card?

Make sure the screen lock is off when its connected to your computer

I don't have that particular phone...but on the general subject:

If you want to install an apk and can't get to it via the SD card or don't have an SD card capable phone, one of the thing's I've done in the past is simply to send the apk file to myself as an email attachment (assuming the apk is not too large to handle that way).

And then, open the email using your mobile, and click the file attachment. That would then trigger the native app installer program on the mobile. I'm assuming the same kind of approach would work by uploading the apk file to Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive and then using any of those respective Android apps to access the apk file.

I don't have that particular phone...but on the general subject:

If you want to install an apk and can't get to it via the SD card or don't have an SD card capable phone, one of the thing's I've done in the past is simply to send the apk file to myself as an email attachment (assuming the apk is not too large to handle that way).

And then, open the email using your mobile, and click the file attachment. That would then trigger the native app installer program on the mobile. I'm assuming the same kind of approach would work by uploading the apk file to Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive and then using any of those respective Android apps to access the apk file.

The workaround that I use is to copy the .apk file to the main memory and install it from there. It is working. After downloading the file to my computer I can copy/transfer it to wherever I want: Internal storage or SD card. However, I'm still not able to transfer/install apps to the SD card.

Probably, have to wait for the Marshmallow to arrive to enable these features.

Edited by MikeWill

im thinking about buying this phone to replace my dropped samsung S5. I dont play games or use many resource hungry apps but i do use a GPS mapping application frequently on my motorbike (locus Maps).

Does google maps Navigation work well on this? hows the gps function?