16 Thai provinces told to brace for flash floods

webfact

16 provinces told to brace for flash floods

BANGKOK, 5 August 2015 (NNT) - 16 provinces across Thailand have been warned to brace for more heavy rains as monsoons gain strength in the North and South.

A monsoon trough in the North and a southwestern monsoon covering the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman Sea are set to generate rainstorms in 16 provinces including Chiang Mai, Tak, Nong Khai and Phuket. Flash floods and forest runoffs have been predicted for these provinces and residents advised to exercise extra precaution.

Strong winds in the Andaman Sea will generate up to 3-meter high waves and small boats should be kept ashore.

Typhoon Soudelor is expected to make landfall in China’s western coast during August 7-8. Thai travelers planning to visit the area have been urged to closely follow weather updates.

Most parts, up to 70 percent, of Bangkok and its vicinity are set to be lashed with heavy rains and scattered thunder storms. The average temperature is to hover between 25-31 degree.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-05 footer_n.gif

Typhoon Soudelor is expected to make landfall in China’s western coast during August 7-8. Thai travelers planning to visit the area have been urged to closely follow weather updates.

Ummmm ........ Has there been a tectonic plate movement I haven't heard about?

Thanks for that...... best weather map I have seen.Looks massive but of course no guarantee it will reach the north of Thailand.

Thank you.

If you get in habit of checking it, it really is a useful tool.

just so you know, if you click on the "Earth button", you can change the altitude, and even the type of air parcel you are tracking. (Moisture, rain producing .. etc)

i do find this setting .. is ideal for Thailand weather.

If you want to see the difference, spin the world around to California. THAT is what a drought looks like.

I appreciate your positive feedback .. pretty rare on TV.

Have a good week.

Thanks for that...... best weather map I have seen.Looks massive but of course no guarantee it will reach the north of Thailand.

A similar site. https://www.windyty.com/

I live in Kamphaeng Phet province and for the last hour it has been POURING! Now it is 1539 hours.

I'm just along the road in Khirrimat and it's not rained all day. I could practically say that about the whole year so far.

It rained every day here for a week untill they predicted abundant rain on Monday. Hasn't rained since.

"It rained every day here................."

I am one of those that can't figure out if here is there or everywhere.rolleyes.gif

It rained every day here for a week untill they predicted abundant rain on Monday. Hasn't rained since.

"It rained every day here................."

I am one of those that can't figure out if here is there or everywhere.rolleyes.gif

Sorry.Ban Pong.

Wow! Thanks for that link.

Just as well we didn't have such stuff back in the 60s, I would have sat and watched it for hours.... and hours.... and hours.... and......................

Edited by mrjohn

A similar site. https://www.windyty.com/

Thank you !

i actually think this one is BETTER !!!

I live in Kamphaeng Phet province and for the last hour it has been POURING! Now it is 1539 hours.

Me too up by the Mae Wong national park end but sadly the heavy rain only lasted about 30 minutes. I was followed by lighter rain but that only lasted an hour.

I looked at the klong across the road this morning but there was little change from last week.