What is police in Jomtien-Beach good for?

rolfwipi

From experience I know that the Thais are always late, either they have forgotten and it should be remembered them or they do not remember.

Robbok should know since he lives in Thailand and has a thai woman.

In view of the problems he has ever since he lives in Jomptien,

it would have to moved.facepalm.gif

Expect photos of the broken door.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From experience I know that the Thais are always late, either they have forgotten and it should be remembered them or they do not remember.
Robbok should know since he lives in Thailand and has a thai woman.
In view of the problems he has ever since he lives in Jomptien,
it would have to moved.facepalm.gif
Expect photos of the broken door.

Exactly, it wasn't a break in, possibly an intrusion of privacy or something. people walk into our house uninvited all the time and sit down on the floor to talk or watch TV. Telling people that you are cancelling an order is a good way of getting the order fulfilled.

Anyway, you have got off to a good start with your neighbours, what are the people on the other side like? You'll be complaining about how rude Thais are to you very soon.

Im Dutch.. so should have seen that one coming and i did not..

But those kind of ppl are crazy the shop making the curtains invested spend time and 1 day late.. just stupid to cancel because of that

I am also Dutch...

Look at this sentence: What is police in Jomtien-Beach than good for? (In Dutch: Waar is de politie in Jomtien dan goed voor?)

And this one:

So I took 3 photos with my mobile phone. (In Dutch: Dus nam ik 3 foto's met mijn mobiele telefoon.)

And this one:

...and then my girlfriend called the local police in Jomtien-Beach, (In Dutch: ... en toen belde mijn vriendin de lokale politie in Jomtien Beach.

As you see the construction of these sentences resembles Dutch.

I wonder: will the shop owner go to the police to put some pressure on Rolf???

When your Thai girlfriend called the police she should have said "people have broken into our house and my falang boyfriend's has shot them, at least one of them seems to be dead" then police would have rushed to the scene.

If anyone who is unknown to you, enters your house forcibly, after been told by you they must not, they deserve to die, or be seriously injured.

As much as I sympathize with your dilemma, if you think you should cancel an order of curtains because 1 day delay, you surely live in the wrong country.

You are not GERMAN by chance?

Let your wife, I assume she is Thai, deal with Thai-problems or try to come to terms with the fact that pretty much everything you do or start here, might just go wrong or be a bit of a pain to finish and get accomplished.

As I said, I sympathize and suffer daily, but would never make a burglary story up and act like a clown and call the police on some curtain delivery people that show late. One of the more ridiculous stories I have read on TV so far....

Best of luck...... Take it easy.....cheesy.gif MS>

There is more to this story than you know......don't try to find out anything more, just let your (I assume) Thai wife handle it.......

And may i say that cancelling an order just because it is one day late is just disgusting behavior.....

Entering someones home without their permission, is even worse disgusting behavior.

I also think it is harsh to complain about something being a day late.

Replying to What is police in Jomtien-Beach good for?

1. Having a mia noi

2. Asking for a small bottle of Lao whiskey from a random farang

3. Weighing under a buck forty

4. Glancing at three legged dogs negotiating a small soi - en route to somewhere else

That's about it I guess

5. Collecting bribes.

6. Should have them clean the beach early mornings. Then they would be good for something

In the circumstances as I have read here, there is wrong on both sides, but the curtain people were more wrong for entering the

proprietors house without permission, that in itself is a good reason for the proprietor to use extreme violence. IMO.

I was looking after some apartments for a friend and his Thai wife whilst they were in the UK,I had a call from another tenant in one of the apartments saying next door occupants were make noise and smashing stuff up so went round with the wife,

They had gone by the time we arrived let ourselves in to see that the rooms looked like a murder scene blood all over the place in the bedroom and bathroom kitchen etc ,looked scary !, we tried calling all the police emergency numbers no reply !,Sent the wife to the police box on pratamnak they wouldn't come!.....I ended up calling my mate in the UK his wife has family in the police and within 20 minutes had to police there for what it's worth !.

It later came to light the Russian women had slit her wrists and stabbed her boyfriend after finding out he had been seeing someone else!.............no such thing as a emergency number in Thailand to get help !...scary really!

Based on personal experience, I have found money to be a good motivator for the BIB. If you want "justice" here in LOS it must be purchased.

Having said that, I think the OP overreacted. A day late for a curtain order is no reason to fly off the handle and escalate the problem. My advice would be to get a life. When little crap like this ruins one's day, in my experience, it's time to take a good look at myself and find out what the real problem is. Rigid, inflexible thinking will make life in Thailand very difficult for us farangs. Sabai, sabai.

Barging into your room is wrong; however, it is a fact that projects (shoe repair... a type of furniture made....all the way to a condo complex is never completed on the due date. It is a estimated goal to them. If you were familiar with how Thais do things around here, you would have gone one day before the due date of when your curtains were due and reminded them about the due date.

(sarcasm here) or the OP should have called the local newspapers (while the Chinese-Thai lady was invading his space) and said there was a murder and they would have shown up to take photos before the police would have shown up.

I already found the shop (Thepprasit Road) and talked with the lady in the picture. Very kind woman.

Farang did not give any deposit, total damage is just 1800 baht.
However, the farang or his wife DID hit the lady in the picture with a stick.

As usual there must be a bit more to this story.

You go along and order the curtains- my experience ( have had many curtains made up for my condo ) is that the shops do a brilliant job- done in 3 days . They must work hard.

So a day late? You cancel- they have bought the fabric, linings etc and spent hours making up the curtains.

They arrive, ring the bell- probably very apologetic. You shout through the door p*ss off MY curtains are late- you have destroyed my life, I have had to go for counselling and are now suffering from post traumatic non curtain syndrome - what will my neighbours think in my gated community- no curtains!

What on earth happened to good manners, empathy, decency its all been replaced by a sense of entitlement and anger. The good thing about living here is you learn to go with the flow- be patient- everything gets sorted in the end.

We will never find out the truth ( probably could not afford the bill) as these newbie members never seem to follow up their posts - just rant and rave.

PS no pics of smashed door frames?

"You shout through the door p*ss off MY curtains are late- you have destroyed my life"cheesy.gif

By the way for your entire post clap2.gif

I already found the shop (Thepprasit Road) and talked with the lady in the picture. Very kind woman.

Farang did not give any deposit, total damage is just 1800 baht.

However, the farang or his wife DID hit the lady in the picture with a stick.

That's very unusual to not ask for a deposit.

Starts to smell a bit, I think.

Anyone who breaks into a house the owner has every right to hit the person who did it., what would you do make them a cup of tea ?

that's just my opinion. wai2.gif

theirs a bit more to this story I think.

...sounds like you are making your own problems....and you probably started them a long time ago...

...you need to gain perspective....

...get some foreign friends...and stop 'sweating the small stuff'.....

...it sounds like you do not have any financial problems....so what is your point......want to change a whole nation ....for you....???

...1 day late.....???

...my friend.....you are losing your mind.......and this will not end well.....

...make a joke,,,,have a laugh....

...get some friends....

...you seem very stressed and unhappy......wound up like an alarm clock.....

...many of us have more serious problems.....you are making your own problems....out of nothing...!!!

Im Dutch.. so should have seen that one coming and i did not..

But come one people here love putting down Germans, forgetting they are the best Economy in the EU and make quality products.That goes for everyone, not only Germans.

Anyway the police was right this was just a domestic dispute. You can't just cancel if a delivery is one day late. Not even in the Netherlands where I am from. Would certainly not considered fair.

Im sure its the same in germany

He is NOT from Germany, but from the Netherlands!! 100% sure.

- his first name Rolf

- the construction of the sentences

And check an earlier post: he also has refused to pay management fees for the resort he lives in!!!

And Rolf: you have a contract! 1 day late is NOT a legal reason to cancel an order! In my opinion, your 'crime' is worse than theirs. First impression: they look like kind, good people.

In most countries the next applies:

It’s likely you’ve made a firm agreement to buy if you’ve:

• signed an agreement, or
  • agreed a delivery date, or
  • paid a deposit or the full amount.

Once you’ve made a firm agreement with a trader, you have a legal contract with them, even if there is nothing in writing.

So be a man, pay the lousy 10,000 (??) baht for the curtains. The shop owner can not sell these curtains anymore... 2-3 days of work for nothing.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself !!!

TV members: shall we do some 'crowd funding' to pay a lawyer to force this guy to pay?

We have the pics of the shop owners, probably from Thepprasit Road, so easy to find.... --> easy to find mr Rolf !!!

(Even better: addresses are in one the pics.... anyone who can translate so almost full identity of mr Rolf is revealed?)

But those kind of ppl are crazy the shop making the curtains invested spend time and 1 day late.. just stupid to cancel because of that

It's not stupid it is simply a disgusting behaviour almost an insane one !

you should have said

police, we give you 5000 baht if you are here in 10 minutes, 1000 baht if you are here in 30 minutes and 500 baht if you come between now & 2 days

You should have also said

"but mr police, if you are 1 day late I cancel and you pay me 500 baht ok"

one day late? , oh my god... call the army. (show some compassion for these people who ordered for you, people are not rich like you....) this is not the USA....

trespassing? . the door is wide open, someone opened the door for them.

this is not the USA. if you want rule, go to the USA . USA love to put people in jail even for a turn signal.

I don't want to sound an a... but Thai people really struggle and you know you can not have all when you want. just relax a little. let it go... it s ok, don't worry...Make a deal with Thai. just ask for a little discount... or for a free massage.

Your comments show an ignorance of USA/State laws, which are as varied as the low voltage in your post.

In the circumstances as I have read here, there is wrong on both sides, but the curtain people were more wrong for entering the

proprietors house without permission, that in itself is a good reason for the proprietor to use extreme violence. IMO.

...........so the poster claims they entered without permission, I suspect the door was opened to talk, and they came right in (barged in?? invited thai style e.g., move to the side and talk to them)..........to be fair to all - I lived in Germany 2 years, (Westfalia) and the Netherlands (Maasricht) for a year in both countries, I have had the landlord and/or wife, relatives enter my apartments without me being there - it was in the contract that this was allowed by local law to conduct safety inspections. I was Military at the time, so also had the post Housing Office review the contract and it was valid. It was common practise and we didn't worry about it.

Archived