New 6 month multi-entry tourist visa?

whistling.gif There is an article in the Bangkok Post this morning about a proposed new 6 month multi-entry tourist visa that supposedly will be available soon. According to that article this new visa which was proposed by the Tourist ministry is going to be approved "soon" (as soon as it is published in the Royal Gazette according to the article).

Now I have heard this kind of thing before, and it didn't happen, so don't get counting your chickens before they are hatched..... but this one does sound promising.

According to the article this tourist visa will be good for 6 months and will be a multi-entry visa allowing for repeated entries and exits from Thailand in it's 6 month period.

The cost of this new visa will be 5000 Baht

The article is on the Business page of the Bangkok Post for 6 August 2015.

According to the article this new visa will be available within 60 days.

Unfortunately as I know Bangkok Post will not allow us to copy material from their newspaper to this forum.

Ubinjoe.....as our visa expert and Guru.... have you heard anything on this visa from your sources.?

Also as I am well aware, the Devil is always hiding in the Details.....so we have to wait to see what really comes about..... but this does sound promising.

6 months and u still have to go out every 2 months i guess. So thats ur usual 2 entry turist with extensions

----------------------------

Could be I guess.... maybe I just got carried away with that multi-entry.... thinking it meant unlimited entries.